2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

It's Here

Search this Thread

Old 7/21/06, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's Here

I received a call at work today...and look what I got!!!!

It's exactly a week late, and I didn't expect it in this week. We had some storms through the area earlier this week and the dealer (along with a large part of the town) didn't have power until yesterday. I ended up starting a project and she'll have to spend her first night home outside until I clean the garage tomorrow...and it's supposed to rain again. Oh well I'll find out if I have a leaker real quick this way

Great car, lots of looks, all the other Mustang drivers waved, and the kid isn't embarassed to be seen with his old man. All in all lots of fun.
Attached Thumbnails It's Here-cs1.jpg   It's Here-cs2.jpg   It's Here-cs3.jpg  
Old 7/21/06, 08:26 PM
GTR Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Congrats, nice pictures.
It looks great.
Old 7/21/06, 09:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Looks great, Wayne!

By the way, love the wheels!
Old 7/21/06, 09:24 PM

That's great. Nice color by the way. Mine should be here around 3 August.

Mark
Old 7/21/06, 09:34 PM
Cobra Member

Congrats, very pretty! First one I've seen with a parchment top. Nice!

Old 7/21/06, 09:37 PM
Cobra Member

Sweet. Congrats!!!
Old 7/21/06, 09:37 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Wayne
I received a call at work today...and look what I got!!!!

It's exactly a week late, and I didn't expect it in this week. We had some storms through the area earlier this week and the dealer (along with a large part of the town) didn't have power until yesterday. I ended up starting a project and she'll have to spend her first night home outside until I clean the garage tomorrow...and it's supposed to rain again. Oh well I'll find out if I have a leaker real quick this way

Great car, lots of looks, all the other Mustang drivers waved, and the kid isn't embarassed to be seen with his old man. All in all lots of fun.
You and me, brother!! Check out mine!!!
Attached Thumbnails It's Here-vista2007interior.jpg   It's Here-vista2007full.jpg   It's Here-vista2007rearlight.jpg   It's Here-vista2007side.jpg  
Old 7/21/06, 10:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wayne! wow very cool top color. I didn't realize you could get them that way. Is that Parchment top and cloth? Those center lights are begging for yellow.
What are the windshield stickers? Anyway, great color and welcome aboard...
Old 7/22/06, 02:09 PM

Thanks fir the comments. Been having a great time today after it stopped raining here. She just keeps wanting to go faster...

To Pouterson - Nice choice...love the color

To Awake in AZ - The top is parchment vinyl. One of the things I like about a vert is changing the top color when you need to replace...makes it feel different somehow and Moss Motors already has quite an assortment. For the foglights, I'm debating between yellow, blue and smoked for their final color. The windshield stickers are Pennsylvania mechanical and emission inspection stickers...at least we only have to have one plate though.

Lots of fun...lot of people noticing...feels like high school again
Old 7/22/06, 02:23 PM
GT Member

Wayne,

Congrats! Those chrome wheels really work well with the dark blue paint. I love the parchment top.

...did you explain to your lady friends that when the Mustang is topless....

Tony D
Old 7/22/06, 04:24 PM
V6 Member

that parchment top over blue is so sweet! many congrats!

my buddy has white sebring with tan top... says its a ***** to keep top clean. the way this parchment tops sets off the blue, it looks to me like it'd be worth the extra effort. g'luck with her!
Old 7/23/06, 02:01 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lurking_in_sd
that parchment top over blue is so sweet! many congrats!

my buddy has white sebring with tan top... says its a ***** to keep top clean. the way this parchment tops sets off the blue, it looks to me like it'd be worth the extra effort. g'luck with her!
use 303, great stuff.
Old 7/23/06, 02:03 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LOOKS GREAT!!!! Can't wait for mine, same color combo. MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm
Old 7/23/06, 05:54 AM

Found a place right around the corner to get the 303. Of course, I called as they were closing so I'll pick it up during the week.

It just keeps getting better and better. I stopped by the insurace agent's place, he and half the staff had to go out and look at it...my agent (a guy in his early 60s) took the keys...when I finished signing everything I went out and found him in the car idling with his eyes closed just listening to the engine...actually helped my rates because he realized "no one would mistreat a car like this intentionally".

The kid played with the dash lights (my-color) until they match up pretty well with the car (need to add a little red to the standard blue, not enough to make it purple though).

The wife tried to show a stern face about my "indulgence" but couldn't wipe the grin off her face when the Beach Boys CD started playing...we're back in high school!!!

Oh yeah, I told her about the bit when the top is down, the passengers...etc...all she said was not in front of the kid (our son is14 yrs old...)

Can't wait to see what we do today!!!
Old 7/23/06, 02:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

The windshield stickers are Pennsylvania mechanical and emission inspection stickers...at least we only have to have one plate though.
..But too bad they drilled the front plate (is that a transfer from Mass?)...

Congrats. Where abouts near Philly are you? You, me, cheese, Pitpup, etc will have to get together for a cruise night (just do it mid to late Aug after I get my ride!)...
Old 7/23/06, 05:51 PM

No holes in the front...no plate either.

So far the only thing close to a negative is Taylor Hicks...

I'm NW of Philly, about 10 minutes from King of Prussia, just south of the Limerick reactor...come on over and catch the rays...
Old 7/23/06, 08:24 PM

Congrats Wayne...Great looking car!! Hope you had it out today. We ran ours up to Hershey and back today , what a nice ride we had. Congrats again
Old 7/23/06, 08:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

No holes in the front...no plate either.

So far the only thing close to a negative is Taylor Hicks...

I'm NW of Philly, about 10 minutes from King of Prussia, just south of the Limerick reactor...come on over and catch the rays...
Sorry those were pouterson's pics where I saw that...gotta pay closer attention.

Near Owen J Roberts?
Old 7/23/06, 09:03 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Sweet! Blue and parchment is my favorite combo. I'm on my second car like that. Love the looks of the GT/CS too, wish I had seen better pics before ordering mine, I might've gone that way. Enjoy the car, it's gorgeous!
Old 7/28/06, 07:38 PM

Congrats, Got mine today

Congrats, i just picked mine up today in OKC. Black coupe with black int. I fell like a 16 year old again. Been driving Jeeps for years first stanf since 85. loving life