2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

I am ordering an 09 GT/CS and have questions...

Search this Thread

Old 6/12/08, 04:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am ordering an 09 GT/CS and have questions...

Hey guys,

I have been looking for a car that matches what I want and have had little luck. So I want to order it, and by ordering I know that will kill any chance of me getting any of the cash back plans. So how do I get my hands on an X-Plan PIN or something similar? And how do you order with a PIN? Do they question you or do they simply fill it in and that's it? I will post what I am looking for tomorrow in terms of options and trim...

Thanks in advance...
Old 6/12/08, 04:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Check blueovalforums.com about X-Plan pins.
Old 6/12/08, 06:32 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 69CaliStang
So how do I get my hands on an X-Plan PIN or something similar? And how do you order with a PIN? Do they question you or do they simply fill it in and that's it?
I ordered mine with X-Plan, just let the dealer know up front that you have a pin, you may need to provide it at the time of the order.

The pin was available as a "benefit" from my employer. You can also get a pin if you're a shareholder of Ford... All you need is 1 share, and Shareholder services can provide you with a pin.
Old 6/12/08, 06:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by kmitch
I ordered mine with X-Plan, just let the dealer know up front that you have a pin, you may need to provide it at the time of the order.

The pin was available as a "benefit" from my employer. You can also get a pin if you're a shareholder of Ford... All you need is 1 share, and Shareholder services can provide you with a pin.
I was not aware of the stock option... Dude that rocks I will buy two; they are cheap right now...

Old 6/12/08, 06:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I have to ask... What does the X-Plan get you in terms of price? I heard it was a cetain amount over invoice?
Old 6/12/08, 07:02 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
X-plan is calculated up from A-plan (what a Ford Motor Company employee pays), but lets just make it easy: X-plan is roughly the same amount as the invoice total +/- $50. It is clearly printed on the factory invoice, so it is black & white. On a GT/CS, it'll save you about $1500 to $2000 off MSRP, depending on how well optioned the car is. And, you get any incentives available on that model at the time you take delivery.
Old 6/12/08, 07:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
X-plan is calculated up from A-plan (what a Ford Motor Company employee pays), but lets just make it easy: X-plan is roughly the same amount as the invoice total +/- $50. It is clearly printed on the factory invoice, so it is black & white. On a GT/CS, it'll save you about $1500 to $2000 off MSRP, depending on how well optioned the car is. And, you get any incentives available on that model at the time you take delivery.
So even though I order it I still get the cash incentives usually offered on in stock cars? That is great! I have optioned the car and it came to about 32k and change... Thanks for the info!
Old 6/12/08, 11:04 PM
V6 Member

So even though I order it I still get the cash incentives usually offered on in stock cars? That is great! I have optioned the car and it came to about 32k and change... Thanks for the info!
You'll be eligible to get the incentives with the x-plan, however, I don't believe they are offering any for 2009 models yet. You may want to see if a dealership can find you a 2008 so you can get the incentives as well, if the 2008 has the options you are wanting.
Old 6/12/08, 11:11 PM
MSP
Banned

Hey guys,

I have been looking for a car that matches what I want and have had little luck. So I want to order it, and by ordering I know that will kill any chance of me getting any of the cash back plans. So how do I get my hands on an X-Plan PIN or something similar? And how do you order with a PIN? Do they question you or do they simply fill it in and that's it? I will post what I am looking for tomorrow in terms of options and trim...

Thanks in advance...

You can't wait a little longer and get the new 5.0? If I were you, I would grit my teeth for awhile and be one of the first guys with a new 5.0 Mustang! Should be a monster!
Old 6/12/08, 11:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Bigjht
You'll be eligible to get the incentives with the x-plan, however, I don't believe they are offering any for 2009 models yet. You may want to see if a dealership can find you a 2008 so you can get the incentives as well, if the 2008 has the options you are wanting.
Agreed... I was thinking about putting the order in around September... Since they start kicking back money in October... We will see...

Thanks,
Old 6/12/08, 11:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by MSP
You can't wait a little longer and get the new 5.0? If I were you, I would grit my teeth for awhile and be one of the first guys with a new 5.0 Mustang! Should be a monster!
I was tempted to wait but I heard the new 5.0 will not be available until 2011. I have waited almost 5 long years to get my hands on this car. I even have the wife's approval which may expire soon...

I was hoping Ford would show the new styling soon just in case I really liked it; but from what I have seen so far, I am not sold yet... There is always 2015

Thanks for the advice
Old 6/13/08, 12:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
I went X-plan through my employer.
Old 9/12/08, 11:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Update!

Okay so I am ready to order... I got my X-Plan PIN and after looking st the recent 2010 spy shots I am sticking with the 2009 GT/CS...

I have a few questions for those of you that ordered your GT/CS...

When ordering through Ford are there any gotchas that I need to look out for?

Anything I should not have the dealer do like install the front license plate frame and put a stupid dealer sticker on the back of my car? You know what I mean

Does anyone have the Mobile Ease and/or the iPod "Trip Tunes" option? How do you like it and is it worth it?

Thanks in advance!
Old 9/13/08, 12:36 AM
GT Member

i ordered a white CS and will be picking it up in about 2 weeks. i ordered it through Exchange New Car sales over here in iraq. Ive got the gt appearance and security package, comfort group, HID's, and pretty much every option except 3.55's (will be putting 4.10's in) and the nav. my price was $29.5k. Im not sure how that will compare to the xplan but i thought it was decent. MSRP was $33,271. I got it with the mobile ease and trip tunes, but i hear bad things about the mobile ease. I will let you know when i get the car... Lookikng back i should have just got the standard stereo and upgrade the head unit to an after market nav system and a single 12 inch sub. shaker was $1200, trip tunes $275, mobile ease $350, and aftermarket garmin about $300. so $2100 on a stock stereo when you could have a better one for less.

MAKE SURE TO TELL THEM NOT TO INSTALL FRONT LICENSE PLATE!!!! i was worried about getting that as the state im taking delivery in it is required to have a front license plate but the state im getting it registered in does not. the dealer WILL install it unless you tell them otherwise. also the sticker. grrrr......
Old 9/13/08, 06:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey '69, if you haven't yet priced out the car under X-Plan, send me a PM with all your options and I can run a CONCEPTS for you with the current pricing, if you like. From there, I can scan it, and email it to you and you can take it to the dealer so nothing is missed when they order your car. Let me know if you want the assistance.
Old 9/13/08, 11:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by jamesdem1123
i ordered a white CS and will be picking it up in about 2 weeks. i ordered it through Exchange New Car sales over here in iraq. Ive got the gt appearance and security package, comfort group, HID's, and pretty much every option except 3.55's (will be putting 4.10's in) and the nav. my price was $29.5k. Im not sure how that will compare to the xplan but i thought it was decent. MSRP was $33,271. I got it with the mobile ease and trip tunes, but i hear bad things about the mobile ease. I will let you know when i get the car... Lookikng back i should have just got the standard stereo and upgrade the head unit to an after market nav system and a single 12 inch sub. shaker was $1200, trip tunes $275, mobile ease $350, and aftermarket garmin about $300. so $2100 on a stock stereo when you could have a better one for less.

MAKE SURE TO TELL THEM NOT TO INSTALL FRONT LICENSE PLATE!!!! i was worried about getting that as the state im taking delivery in it is required to have a front license plate but the state im getting it registered in does not. the dealer WILL install it unless you tell them otherwise. also the sticker. grrrr......

Thanks for the advice! I am thinking about replacing the stock Sharker 500 system anyway...
Are you currently serving in Iraq?
Old 9/13/08, 11:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey '69, if you haven't yet priced out the car under X-Plan, send me a PM with all your options and I can run a CONCEPTS for you with the current pricing, if you like. From there, I can scan it, and email it to you and you can take it to the dealer so nothing is missed when they order your car. Let me know if you want the assistance.

Hey Jeff, that would be cool... I will see if i can get it together for you this weekend...

Thanks!
Old 9/13/08, 02:17 PM
GT Member

I'm sort of serving in Iraq right now, I've been here for over 14 months and we're just about finished with training the unit who is replacing us so our mission is complete, just have to go home now.
Old 9/13/08, 07:51 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
God speed jamesdem1123, and thank you for your service.
Old 9/13/08, 08:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Jeff, that would be cool... I will see if i can get it together for you this weekend...

Thanks!
No problem dude, glad to help.

Quick Reply: I am ordering an 09 GT/CS and have questions...