The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/)
-   -   How Long Must I Wait? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/how-long-must-i-wait-473568/)

69CaliStang 12/14/08 09:43 PM

It took just over 2 weeks for mine to get to NorCal...

Originally Posted by RGNUSMC (Post 5706717)
Release date from the plant is 12/27! How long will this thing take to get to Southern California?!

RGNUSMC 12/15/08 02:01 AM

I have been assured that the car will arrive on the 3rd so I should still be able to get employee pricing. lets keep our fingers crossed.

David Mustang 12/15/08 02:43 PM

I used to live in LA until last month. I was there when I ordered my Mustang and at that time I could get from blueoval forum the window sticker and all the dates (see below). You can make a ETA for your car.
Receipt Date: 9/15/2007
Serialize Date: 9/20/2007
Segment Date: 9/20/2007
Sequence Date: 10/5/2007
Blend Date: 10/15/2007
Produced Date: 10/24/2007
Gate Release Date: 10/24/2007
Ship Date: 10/30/2007
Arrival Date: 11/12/2007
Sold Date: 11/16/2007

The wait is worth it.
I've been without my car for almost 2 months as I'm shipping it to France where I now live, and the wait is killing me.

RGNUSMC 12/17/08 11:47 PM

now they're telling me it will arrive sooner, but no exact date. I'm expecting Jan 2nd instead of the 3rd. we'll see...

RGNUSMC 1/2/09 07:16 PM

well it did not come "sooner" and judging by history i would be amazed if arrived tomorrow, but stranger things have happened. I never knew it could ever take so long to never get a car...

BlueSkyVert 1/2/09 08:28 PM

I don't know how you guys can order and wait! I'm sure it will be worth it when she finally arrives.

I always just buy off the lot because I'm so impatient, and not very picky with options. I actually found an '07 leftover vert with all the options I wanted (except heated seats) and none of the ones I didn't. :)

RGNUSMC 1/2/09 10:44 PM

I did find an 08 with almost everything i wanted except the nav system. I was down to get it accept i had already put $5,000 down for the one i ordered. I wish i wasn't so picky!

BlueSkyVert 1/2/09 10:46 PM

Well it's good that you know how to make yourself happy!! You picked the best color, too ;)

jay_wx 1/3/09 02:09 AM

I'm really surprised it's taken this long as well...although the delay could be due to the time of the year - holidays, inclement weather, not to mention the economy. Surely the majority of your wait is over, although I'm sure that doesn't help much at this point. And yeah, you definitely picked the best color. :-)

RGNUSMC 1/3/09 09:51 AM

thanks, guys. i'll let everyone know when it comes in... if it ever comes in.

CO_VaporGT_09 1/3/09 10:06 AM

When I got to the 12week point originally quoted to me, I was basically ready to go to a different dealer because of the horrible way Lakewood Ford in Denver treated me (they basically said 'our sales our going great, we don't need your business', literally). I thought maybe I'll just have the car transferred to a different dealer.
The car came the next Monday, so I went and bought it. Now, come to find out after talking to Chris Rose @ TillmanSpeed, they must have flashed my computer, cause I have a '07 program on my '09 GT. Never ever going back to those morons at that dealer again, but still have to go get the computer reflashed before I can use Tillman's tunes. Means I have to take off that Steeda intake, too!

Hopefully you're not heading down the same road with your dealer. Just wish there was a bit of common courtesy and consistency between the Ford dealers.

RGNUSMC 1/3/09 10:24 AM

I definitely have noticed a difference in the way they treated me before I ordered the car. Before I was hearing from them every other day. Now they won't even call me back when I want to give them their money. its just crazy. once i get my car I'm never going back to them for anything.

GottaHaveIt 1/3/09 03:06 PM

Stick wit the factory order & wait it out, they get a vehicle report once a week so they know roughly where its at, but when gets to trucking they can't help some other lazy tat that end, I'm on my 2nd factory order and LOVE IT !

RGNUSMC 1/3/09 07:40 PM

The car is sitting in LA (only 200 miles away) waiting to be delivered. That trucker better drive up here like a bat out of hell!!!

jay_wx 1/4/09 03:50 PM

It won't be long now! :-) Here's best wishes for an easy and enjoyable experience picking up your new baby - be sure to take some pics!!

RGNUSMC 1/7/09 10:26 AM

IT'S HERE!

It has arrived and I am on my way to pick it up now:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana ::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:: banana::banana::banana::banana:

denlem 1/7/09 10:34 AM

Let me be the first to say it.....

:pics:

69CaliStang 1/7/09 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by denlem (Post 5722417)
Let me be the first to say it.....

:pics:

:lol::lol::lol: I was thinking the same thing!!! :rofl2:

GottaHaveIt 1/7/09 01:33 PM

aw common do you really think that he'd get out to take a picture when he's having way too much fun driving it ! I didn't

jay_wx 1/7/09 01:43 PM

Congrats Ryan, when you get her home and get a chance let us know how it went!!
:nanadance::nanadance::nanadance: