2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

How do you like your GT/CS ?

Search this Thread

Old 1/2/08, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love my CS. We have had it for 16 months now, and it is still my dream car.
Also have a '02'GT triple black conv., but the CS is a nicer ride. Reminds me of our older muscle cars. Rides llike a 64 Buick Riveara,(? spelling) or a 71 Cutless SX. Only smoother.
Recently put the FRPP mufflers on and now it sounds like it should too.
Awesome cars.
Old 1/2/08, 08:46 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Trollpainter
I love my CS. We have had it for 16 months now, and it is still my dream car.
Also have a '02'GT triple black conv., but the CS is a nicer ride. Reminds me of our older muscle cars. Rides llike a 64 Buick Riveara,(? spelling) or a 71 Cutless SX. Only smoother.
Recently put the FRPP mufflers on and now it sounds like it should too.
Awesome cars.
Ford offers 2 types of FRPP axelback mufflers for our GT/CS cars. Would you please let me know why you selected the ones you put on your car and which 1 of the 2 you selected. I know Borla makes the Ford mufflers. My plan is to upgrade the mufflers for the time being, so I can continue to run 87 octane gas. How do they sound inside the car....outside the car.... etc. Thank you.
Old 1/2/08, 05:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry - -hit post reply instead of view first unread. ooops. But we all like the GT/CS, especially the Performance White ones!!!
Old 1/2/08, 08:42 PM
V6 Member

I love mine too. You know you don't have to get the GT appearance package and then you won't get the hoodscoop. The CS already comes with the chrome exhaust tips you won't waste money there either. Also, I'm guessing you don't want the engine cover since you are putting the roushchager on. Heck, I'll sell you mine. I could always get a new one. My hometown dealership is sitting on a 07 Shelby GT, maybe I could get a decent deal on that.
Old 1/2/08, 08:55 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm about to turn my GT into a GT/CS look-a-like by changing the bumpers. I'm not going to bother with the side or hood scoops though, just doing the bumpers. I'm also putting the running pony/tri-bar badges on the sides instead of putting on the fading stripes. It'll look pretty slick in silver.
Old 1/3/08, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by gt/cs08
Ford offers 2 types of FRPP axelback mufflers for our GT/CS cars. Would you please let me know why you selected the ones you put on your car and which 1 of the 2 you selected. I know Borla makes the Ford mufflers. My plan is to upgrade the mufflers for the time being, so I can continue to run 87 octane gas. How do they sound inside the car....outside the car.... etc. Thank you.
We put the M-5230-5GT's on our car. They are made by borla for Ford. Selected them because the GTA's are already on the CS. Came with them. Sound outside is awesome. Like I said sounds like it should. Inside, there is a drone if your foot is in it until you get up to speed. Also going up a hill . Turn the music up louder if it bothers you. Don't drive the car enough, not daily driver, for it to bother us. (yet) Some people don't like the noise inside the car. The top is down in the warm weather anyway. Find someone with these on their car, and have them take you for a ride. Best way to know if you will like them or not.
Old 1/3/08, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by gt/cs08
We put the M-5230-5GT's on our car. They are made by borla for Ford. Selected them because the GTA's are already on the CS. Came with them. Sound outside is awesome. Like I said sounds like it should. Inside, there is a drone if your foot is in it until you get up to speed. Also going up a hill . Turn the music up louder if it bothers you. Don't drive the car enough, not daily driver, for it to bother us. (yet) Some people don't like the noise inside the car. The top is down in the warm weather anyway. Find someone with these on their car, and have them take you for a ride. Best way to know if you will like them or not.
Old 1/3/08, 09:08 AM
GT Member

Thank you for your response.......Happy New Year !
Old 1/3/08, 11:01 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by IowaBeef
I love mine too. You know you don't have to get the GT appearance package and then you won't get the hoodscoop. The CS already comes with the chrome exhaust tips you won't waste money there either. Also, I'm guessing you don't want the engine cover since you are putting the roushchager on. Heck, I'll sell you mine. I could always get a new one. My hometown dealership is sitting on a 07 Shelby GT, maybe I could get a decent deal on that.
yah, I'm not getting the GT appearance package. I prefer my Boss 429 scoop which I took off my wrecked pony. BTW, it's WHIPPLE charger, not Roush =)

PM me with some info about your car...
Old 1/3/08, 11:11 AM
Cobra R Member

also,

do I need to get the IUP to have the satin steering wheel spokes?
Old 1/3/08, 11:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Got my 08 GT/CS Vert in late October, my decision was easy, I love the 2-tone interior and that rear air diffuser is to die for!
Old 1/3/08, 06:21 PM
V6 Member

Got my 07 CS back in march took my lightning in for an oil change and drove out in my cs, and no regrets, compared a white gt and the cs side by side and just couldnt keep my eyes off the cs, well worth it
Old 1/3/08, 08:51 PM
V6 Member

[quote=Trollpainter;1078721]We put the M-5230-5GT's on our car. They are made by borla for Ford. Selected them because the GTA's are already on the CS. Came with them.

The GTA's are not what our cars came with. I put them on my GT/CS. I installed them myself. They sounded great, much better than stock. When I put headers and off road x-pipe on they were really raspy. So I went back to stock and they were a lot quieter. The GTA's also have a 4 inch double walled tips, which look really good. The first pic is of the stocks, the second if of the GTA's

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...17-2007025.jpg
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...Mustang006.jpg
Old 1/4/08, 03:16 AM

Love mine too.. got it back in July, but only have 3k miles on her.

Old 1/4/08, 08:35 AM

[quote=IowaBeef;1079407]
Originally Posted by Trollpainter
We put the M-5230-5GT's on our car. They are made by borla for Ford. Selected them because the GTA's are already on the CS. Came with them.

The GTA's are not what our cars came with. I put them on my GT/CS. I installed them myself. They sounded great, much better than stock. When I put headers and off road x-pipe on they were really raspy. So I went back to stock and they were a lot quieter. The GTA's also have a 4 inch double walled tips, which look really good. The first pic is of the stocks, the second if of the GTA's

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...17-2007025.jpg
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...Mustang006.jpg
If the second picture is the GTA's, that is what came on 'our' CS. We have them stored in garage in case we have to put them back on. They look just like the picture on page 91 of the Ford Racing 2007 Performance Parts Catalog. The catalog says they are GTA's. Hubby said they are GTA's. He crawled under another friends car to look at what he had just installed, the GTA's, and they looked like ours. Not sure if every CS comes with them, but ours did. But, I guess I could be mistaken. I don't work on the cars.
Old 1/4/08, 06:50 PM
V6 Member

I had the GTA's installed on my CS 3 days after I bought it. They are definately different than the stock mufflers.
Old 1/4/08, 10:48 PM
V6 Member

Is there any part number stamped on the GTA's ?
Old 1/4/08, 11:12 PM
GT Member

I am very pleased with my Cal Special. The charcoal/parchment interior is very, very pleasing to the eyes. I ordered my car Sept. 7, 2007, build date Oct. 24, 2007, picked her up on Oct.31, 2007 from Waldorf Ford in Maryland. I was really surprised to see my name printed on the window sticker when I picked my car up. First time I ever ordered a car, so seeing my name on the window sticker was a pleasant sticker shock.
Attached Thumbnails How do you like your GT/CS ?-08stang2.jpg  
Old 1/5/08, 01:17 PM
V6 Member

[quote=Trollpainter;1079720]
Originally Posted by IowaBeef

If the second picture is the GTA's, that is what came on 'our' CS. We have them stored in garage in case we have to put them back on. They look just like the picture on page 91 of the Ford Racing 2007 Performance Parts Catalog. The catalog says they are GTA's. Hubby said they are GTA's. He crawled under another friends car to look at what he had just installed, the GTA's, and they looked like ours. Not sure if every CS comes with them, but ours did. But, I guess I could be mistaken. I don't work on the cars.
No, the second picture is of the stock mufflers, they have 3 inch tips. The first picture is of the GTA's with 4 inch double wall tips. The GTA's do come on the Shelby GT's. This is where I got them: http://www.ninosport.com/Ford-Racing...=2&category=90
Old 1/6/08, 08:04 AM
GT Member

My 2008 reminds me of my 1965 Fastback in 1969. Nice retro look.

Quick Reply: How do you like your GT/CS ?