2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Here's the pics of my car

Search this Thread

Old 8/16/06, 05:10 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's the pics of my car

took awhile here's a pic http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/4028/1001244kb2.jpg
i got it for 30k i guess thats what the range is.im happy with the car and my wife loves it. Before we got it i asked her if she wanted a auto and she started laughing at me,so that's cool. i wanted to get a flowmaster but after reading alot of post's on how loud it is and the close to nothing hp gains im gonna leave it with the stock exhust.i bought a k&n drop in for now and will put a kit later.i am gonna put pulley's on it because i haven't herd anything bad about them. anyway thanks for the info guys keep it up
One more ? guys how should i be driving it.should i take it slow for a bit? thanks
Old 8/16/06, 05:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice car!! I ordered the same, but with the GT appearance package and parchment/black interior. Still waiting about another month for mine to arrive Whats wrong with loud exhaust on a mean lookin car like that haha No HP gains sucks though Thats the only thing keeping me from buying FlowMasters when it arrives. I have a 69 Chevelle with 50 Series, sounds like a subwoofer at idle. What kinda exhaust are you thinking about getting?
Old 8/16/06, 05:40 PM
Cobra Member

Sweeeet very nice - I bet you can't stand leaving it parked outside.....can't you get it in the livingroom

Is that a balancing weight on the inner lip of your front left wheel?

ENJOY
Old 8/16/06, 06:09 PM
Cobra Member

i dont know

I was thinking of leaving the exhust stock because there's preety much nothing changing except for the sound and i would get an intake over just sound. i park it in the garage just took it outside for the pic. im gonna get pulley's then get a bigger intake system. when i have money i wanna do that hood/cutout/intake mod looks hot. i dont like the hood scoop that the dealer has because it dosent do anything!!but it looks good.

yup that's a top of the line balancing weight for that little bit extra weight
Old 8/16/06, 06:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by touring
when i have money i wanna do that hood/cutout/intake mod looks hot. i dont like the hood scoop that the dealer has because it dosent do anything!!but it looks good.

yup that's a top of the line balancing weight for that little bit extra weight
Would you be talking about this ?
Attachment 7304
CDC Shaker Hood System LOVE IT
Attached Thumbnails Here's the pics of my car-shakerinset.jpg  
Old 8/16/06, 06:56 PM
Cobra Member

yes!!

that looks hot! how much was it? did you notice any difference is it worth the money?any regrets?
Old 8/16/06, 07:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by HOTLAP

Is that a balancing weight on the inner lip of your front left wheel?

ENJOY
Those bullits have LOTS of weights...trust me, I have about 10 in a row!
Old 8/16/06, 07:43 PM
Cobra Member

hmmm

i just did some research on that and found that it gives min. gains what gains do you guys feel?
Old 8/16/06, 07:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Are you talking about the little red speck?
Old 8/16/06, 07:46 PM
Cobra Member

lol

the shaker hood mod
Old 8/16/06, 07:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Ah gotcha. I mean is the weight thing the little red speck. And for the Shaker, in some cases it has actually reduced hp/tq. It is a cosmetic mod.
Old 8/16/06, 07:49 PM
Cobra Member

yea we were talking about that speck lol

the shacker hood is a cool mod it's hard to belive that it gives little to no gains
Old 8/17/06, 09:47 AM
Cobra Member

the shacker hood is a cool mod it's hard to belive that it gives little to no gains
Sad but true - but it's a really cool looking mod none the less....I'm also considering it! At least I could route the cooler air down to my CAI intake area - might help a bit on hot days......the only catch is it's also a fairly expensive mod - I don't remember the price offhand - but it wasn't cheap.
Old 8/17/06, 09:48 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by awakeinAZ
Ouch - that seems to be a lot - I wonder if they are not getting the tire/rim lined up correctly during mounting
Old 8/17/06, 12:12 PM
Cobra Member

lol

Originally Posted by HOTLAP
Ouch - that seems to be a lot - I wonder if they are not getting the tire/rim lined up correctly during mounting
we are talking about that red paint spot on the tire when you get a new set of wheels
Old 8/17/06, 12:56 PM
Cobra Member

we are talking about that red paint spot on the tire when you get a new set of wheels
I understand...tire manufacturers actully put those color dots on the tire to indicate where the valve stem is to be located during mounting...to strive for a "neutral" balance and not have to use 5lbs of weight per wheel. I used to know what color dot stood for what - but have forgotten. My Conti's had both a purple and yellow dot and IIRC the purple dot was to be aligned with the valve stem.....reputable tire/wheel shops that I have dealt with know of this and some don't....I always make a point of asking before I purchase tires/wheels anywhere.
Old 8/17/06, 02:13 PM
Cobra Member

ohh

didn't know that.
There's so many mustangs on fort bragg but none will even say what's up. not alot of gt's but who cares.i just went to the store on post and i said hi to some and they pretended like i wasent there probably they thought i wanted to race?
Old 8/17/06, 03:13 PM
Cobra Member

didn't know that.
There's so many mustangs on fort bragg but none will even say what's up. not alot of gt's but who cares.i just went to the store on post and i said hi to some and they pretended like i wasent there probably they thought i wanted to race?
That's odd behavior for a fellow Mustang fan!! I ususally can't get'em to stop talking (or me for that matter) Good way to check out mods, etc before taking the plunge!

Brad
Old 8/18/06, 09:06 PM
GTR Member

The shaker is about $800 and worth every penny! I get so many comments at car shows and it really draws a crowd.

As far as performance, there is no way it decreased HP. I feel the car pull much harder in 3rd gear... about as hard as it does in 2nd. In 3rd and pulling hard is when you are going fast enough to get the ram air effect.

By the way... you can remove those red dots with just your fingernail...
Old 8/18/06, 09:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by awakeinAZ
Now that i've washed the brake dust off my hands, the least is 4, then 12,14 and......21. no wonder my gas milage is nil.

Quick Reply: Here's the pics of my car