2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/07, 04:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help Please

OK, so I bought the GT/CS front fascia and asked the dealer to paint the lower portion body colored, a la the Shelby GT.

I get the call today from my salesman saying that the body guys could not paint the lower portion due to the texture, they even called ford and asked and were told not to paint it because it will not work and the paint will come off, etc. Supposedly, my salesman is even saying that he thinks it is a different part than on the shelby b/c the shelby is painted and this one cannot be painted. I think the salesman is wrong about this, but what do I do now...

WTF

Is this legit, has anyone else had the bar painted similar to the Shelby, and if so, how???

Shelby does, why can't my dealer's body shop, i am not buying that it is a different part when it is just an upfitter package??????

Edit: Nevermind, i have solved my own riddle.

http://www.shelbyautos.com/galleries/gt3/gt304-800.jpg
Old 4/11/07, 12:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by futuresvt
OK, so I bought the GT/CS front fascia and asked the dealer to paint the lower portion body colored, a la the Shelby GT.

I get the call today from my salesman saying that the body guys could not paint the lower portion due to the texture, they even called ford and asked and were told not to paint it because it will not work and the paint will come off, etc. Supposedly, my salesman is even saying that he thinks it is a different part than on the shelby b/c the shelby is painted and this one cannot be painted. I think the salesman is wrong about this, but what do I do now...

WTF

Is this legit, has anyone else had the bar painted similar to the Shelby, and if so, how???
I'm sure it can be painted, but because it is textured it is going to look like crap. Any plastic can be painted as long as a flexible additive is added into the paint...I bet the dealer is worried about the paint not looking smooth and they don't want to be responsible.
Old 4/11/07, 09:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amy B. made it clear the other day that the painted version you saw was just the pre-production.