2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

GT/CS's Still Pretty Rare Around Here

Search this Thread

Old 7/10/08, 06:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool GT/CS's Still Pretty Rare Around Here

Drove North on I-35 in Iowa, for 4th of July in Clear Lake and saw lots of nice S197's heading South to the Good Guys car show in Des Monies. Once in town, many S-197's there too. Every model, color, coupes and verts too. But only found one new white GT/CS vert with three very smiley gals who waved back at us! Said that they just really loved the GT/CS, but have never seen another one out there till us!! Are they really still that rare out there in the rest of America, or just here in the Midwest? I've only seen three other GT/CS's in a year of cruising there around the Omaha area! High gas prices or not. We will still be keeping our wonderful copy of this very fun piece of modern Mustang history!!! CalStang
Old 7/10/08, 10:21 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
They seem to be pretty rare out this way as well. I have an '08 and know the owner of an '07. There was also an '08 on the dealer lot when I ordered mine and was still there when I picked mine up 2 months later. It's gone now so there is a 3rd out there but haven't seen it yet!
Old 7/11/08, 09:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by denlem
They seem to be pretty rare out this way as well. I have an '08 and know the owner of an '07. There was also an '08 on the dealer lot when I ordered mine and was still there when I picked mine up 2 months later. It's gone now so there is a 3rd out there but haven't seen it yet!
Hey I think I seen this almost ec=xact statement on another thread ??? I'll find it, was a GT/CS in a town at a car show where some girls waved back thing ?
Old 7/12/08, 08:18 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts
I've seen a small handful around my area. A white one, a black one and another Candy Apple Red one that apparently has been waved to by a lot of my friends. I saw her once and waved, but she looked at me like I had 3 heads.
Old 7/12/08, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Hey I think I seen this almost ec=xact statement on another thread ??? I'll find it, was a GT/CS in a town at a car show where some girls waved back thing ?
Wasn't me.
Old 7/12/08, 11:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by CalStang'07
Drove North on I-35 in Iowa, for 4th of July in Clear Lake and saw lots of nice S197's heading South to the Good Guys car show in Des Monies. Once in town, many S-197's there too. Every model, color, coupes and verts too. But only found one new white GT/CS vert with three very smiley gals who waved back at us! Said that they just really loved the GT/CS, but have never seen another one out there till us!! Are they really still that rare out there in the rest of America, or just here in the Midwest? I've only seen three other GT/CS's in a year of cruising there around the Omaha area! High gas prices or not. We will still be keeping our wonderful copy of this very fun piece of modern Mustang history!!! CalStang
Sorry there Denlem it was this one from Calstang I read that seemed alike

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by denlem
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Old 7/13/08, 03:25 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
I've seen a small handful around my area. A white one, a black one and another Candy Apple Red one that apparently has been waved to by a lot of my friends. I saw her once and waved, but she looked at me like I had 3 heads.
I live in Bowie and have never seen another GT/CS in my area.
Attached Thumbnails GT/CS's Still Pretty Rare Around Here-08stang1.jpg  
Old 7/13/08, 03:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Isn't that just the way though ? bikers wave all the time and get it back cars nother story WTF u lookin @ and kinda the same with some Mustang owners. grr
Old 7/13/08, 03:51 PM

I get a few waves here and there. I notice if the car has been modded then you'll usually get a wave.

I've also been working overtime the past few weeks and my drive home is now at a different time. I pass a silver GT on the way home several times and instead of a wave, I get a rev of the engine!
Old 7/17/08, 12:27 AM
V6 Member

I used to lived in an area where I didn't roll up on another GT/CS very often, and then a month or so ago an old guy a couple of neighborhoods over from me got a black convertible GT/CS and now I run into him a couple of times a week. I guess I will have to go ahead and get the shaker hood scoop to go along with my other mods so no one will mix us up. It is funny how I check out every stang I pass and no one ever pays attention, especially the V6 stangs, they act like they are afraid to look.

Last edited by kevworthy; 7/17/08 at 07:50 AM.
Old 7/17/08, 03:30 AM

Hardtop Delete?
Old 7/20/08, 04:12 PM
GT Member

Here in Northern NJ I have only seen two GT/CS in that past year or so. One was Redfire and the other was White. I have also only seen one GT500 and one Seleen. Everything else is a regular GT or V6.

As far as waving, I have been waved to twice by other Mustang owners. But the GT/CS does get a lot of attention from others. I had a crossing guard yell "Very nice car". A thumbs up from some dude in a van, and one guy had his head out the window giving me a thumbs up. The GT/CS gets a lot of looks and complements.
Old 7/31/08, 08:39 PM
Bullitt Member

I have only seen a few in my area, most I do see have been White, did see a Dark Candy Apple Red at a Show and it was Filthy. The Engine Bay looked like it was never touched. Glad I keep mine looking good, not bad for a Old Lady if I do say so myself. LOL!!
Attached Thumbnails GT/CS's Still Pretty Rare Around Here-enginelookingood.jpg  
Old 8/1/08, 05:48 AM
GT Member

The CS doe not seem so rare in my neck of the woods (except I have not seen a vert). I live in a small town outside of Asheville, NC. There are a couple of them in our Mustang club (white and GO) and I see them sitting for awhile on our 2 local dealers in these colors : VB, white, GO, a new vapor, Candy Apple Red, etc... A total of about 7 - 8 in my small community. What I rarely see is a Shelby GT, any color for 07 & 08. The Bullitt is all around as well. I have seen a few driving as well and each dealer has at least 2 on their lot. The GT500 is out hthere too. I see them at club meets and car shows, but not driving about town. I have an 07 vert and see fewer of the s197 verts in my area than any other. This varies by location as well, so I'm not saying my car is "rare", just don't see but 1-2 on a regular basis. Anyway, just a report from my neck 'o the woods....
Old 8/1/08, 06:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by loneranger68
The CS doe not seem so rare in my neck of the woods (except I have not seen a vert). I live in a small town outside of Asheville, NC. There are a couple of them in our Mustang club (white and GO) and I see them sitting for awhile on our 2 local dealers in these colors : VB, white, GO, a new vapor, Candy Apple Red, etc... A total of about 7 - 8 in my small community. What I rarely see is a Shelby GT, any color for 07 & 08. The Bullitt is all around as well. I have seen a few driving as well and each dealer has at least 2 on their lot. The GT500 is out hthere too. I see them at club meets and car shows, but not driving about town. I have an 07 vert and see fewer of the s197 verts in my area than any other. This varies by location as well, so I'm not saying my car is "rare", just don't see but 1-2 on a regular basis. Anyway, just a report from my neck 'o the woods....
I have Relatives in Sylva, and Waynesville, NC Guess I better get my Vert down there one day.
Old 8/1/08, 02:48 PM
eci
Banned

See them constantly in San Diego. Go figure!
Old 8/1/08, 07:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Go Figure!

Could it be because you live in So Cal? Na! Thats way too easy!!

All kidding aside. Really do love that place! Used to be stationed there. And our own son, who flys in the USMC, is back from Iraq and is now stationed just North of there. Has lots of great gal friends in down SD. He likes and spends a lot of his spare time and play money there. As well as weekend playing in the surf and on the beachs with is friends there too!! All Good Stuff!! CalStang

Last edited by CalStang'07; 8/2/08 at 09:32 AM. Reason: additions
Old 8/10/08, 03:17 AM
V6 Member

Hi everyone, I've been away for some time but it's good to hear owners are still excited about their GT/CS. It is a nice dream to think we may have a rare car, as well as a fantastic one, but I think, reading your messages, that if there is only one or two CS's in each town in North America that adds up to many thousand cars. Unfortunately that would delete the rare classification, but who know in 20 years that could change dramatically

All smiles all the time with a GT.CS

Comox
Old 8/10/08, 05:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

well hey Spencer I'm almost dead certain you got thee first one on the Island with me still waitng for my build I recieved the second one. Then they follwed its a win win for every one, dang if they wern't so fun to drive.
Old 8/10/08, 08:42 AM

Plenty of GT's out my way... but very few GT/CS's. There's a nice candy apple red '08 vert that's been sitting in the local dealer's showroom since last fall.

Quick Reply: GT/CS's Still Pretty Rare Around Here