2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special
View Poll Results: What color stripes would like to see for Gt/Cs? Multiple answers enabled
White
63.64%
Black
31.82%
Red
18.18%
Silver
47.73%
Blue
25.00%
Gold
45.45%
I also listed a color choice in post
4.55%
Side Stripe Delete Option
11.36%
Optional Lemans stripe
15.91%
Hood Scoop Stripe with Text 281 Etc. Option
25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

GT/CS Stripes Anybody else want some Colors?

Search this Thread

Old 7/8/06, 03:41 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,535 Likes on 1,871 Posts
GT/CS Stripes Anybody else want some Colors?

It is beyond me why Ford only Released Black on the GT/CS for the Side Stripes. I saw Prototypes at the Long Beach Gran Prix with silver and it looked good.

Free Image Gallery with PicTiger

I have already contacted Graphics Express and asked about Having some GT/CS Stripes in Different Colors Made available and also a Lemans Stripe. A Hood Scoop Stripe like they offer for the Roush would be nice also. But there is the Darn licenseing Involved so that may be an Isssue! Anyway Anybody Else wanting some Color Options on There GT/CS? I would Want Silver on my Redfire! Blue would Look Great on White. Gold would Look Great on Black Etc.
Old 7/8/06, 03:58 AM

GOLD WOULD BE A WINNER!
Old 7/8/06, 04:58 AM
GTR Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I like the idea of all five colors listed.
Gives the buyer an option to customize their car just a little bit more.

Here's some of the toon stuff I did in the Auto Art forum.
(The toon also has a GT-Hertz hood, partial LeMans stripe, and duck tail
and of course, green is not available)
Attached Thumbnails GT/CS Stripes Anybody else want some Colors?-gtcscolorset.jpg  
Old 7/8/06, 06:52 AM

sweet!
Old 7/8/06, 11:09 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
vista blue with silver would be my preference
Old 7/8/06, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would go with gold or silver on my black GT/CS.

I checked with Graphics Express as well. Even though they are a Ford licensed supplier, they have not gotten the go ahead to produce the GT/CS stripe package. I even called the dealership where I purchased mine to see if they could get different colors from Ford. The car is so new the stripe package isn't even in their catalog yet.
Old 7/8/06, 01:08 PM
V6 Member

The lack of stripe color is yet another of the mistakes Ford made with the silly GT/CS. Hopefully soon they will bring out a real SE, fingers are crossed for a Boss or Mach 1, something with power please.
Old 7/8/06, 07:37 PM

I may go with the 1968 GT/CS Stripes. I think Silver would be so much better on my Redfire!

My 68 GT/CS from Back in the Day! 390 4-speed! circa 1981
Old 7/8/06, 07:57 PM

Cool

Originally Posted by Xanadu
The lack of stripe color is yet another of the mistakes Ford made with the silly GT/CS. Hopefully soon they will bring out a real SE, fingers are crossed for a Boss or Mach 1, something with power please.
I really do not believe Prospective and Gt/Cs Owners appreciate being told their cars are Silly! BTMO. Sure I would love to have a Boss or Mach 1 with more power. But it is not being made yet. So I will go with a Roush Blower down the road for my horsepower fix. But lets get over picking on the GT/CS. It is a More Aggressive Looking GT . If it is Silly what does that make a regular GT? I am not upset at you per say but I Hear this stuff all the time in here although it has diminished a bit since the cars release. You know I have grown weary of it.Nobody Knocked the GT-H and the cars are styled almost identical.

BTW we have had two Gt/Cs's Come in to the Dealership. Both sold in 3 Days!!!! We could use some more Silly cars like that!

I needed to say that! I had enough of the GT/CS Poor Mans Shelby jargon when I was a teenager in the 80's.

It's One thing to pick on a car but when two GT/CS Owners are in the Forum and more to follow I am sure that is not cool!

kc
Old 7/8/06, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by MoonHawk
I would go with gold or silver on my black GT/CS.

I checked with Graphics Express as well. Even though they are a Ford licensed supplier, they have not gotten the go ahead to produce the GT/CS stripe package. I even called the dealership where I purchased mine to see if they could get different colors from Ford. The car is so new the stripe package isn't even in their catalog yet.
Congrats! I am still waiting for My Car Maybe monday! If Graphics Express gets enough Inquires maybe something will happen. It's why I started this Forum To Get People Thinking and Inquiring abouth them! I think Ford Fell asleep on the Stripe options like they did on the Sirrus option on the 05/06's! Since the 04 had it!

kc
Old 7/8/06, 09:43 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Xanadu
Hopefully soon they will bring out a real SE, fingers are crossed for a Boss or Mach 1, something with power please.
I've been looking for a "real" SE going on 2.5 years now with nothing even on the horizon.

It's getting old. That Challenger is starting to look even better.

Sorry, just venting.
Old 7/9/06, 05:36 AM
GTR Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Kevin, well said aobut the GT/CS.

To me, the GT/CS is a special edition and every "special edition" doesn't have to be about a horsepower gain. My Saleen has power but there are more Mustang's with high power and quicker speed.
That doesn't mean I like it any less.

I may even join the GT/CS owners when/if the Grabber Orange option becomes available.

Like Kevin said, it's still got the same power train as the GT, just different interior and exterior options.
Old 7/9/06, 07:03 AM

One More 68!
Old 7/20/06, 08:41 AM

Tape Stripe

Does anyone know if there is a Tape Stripe Delete option on the GT/CS? I love the body mods and the interior, but that middle of the door tape stripe is the one thing holding me back from jumping on the GT/CS. I realize that the originals had the stripe too, so I hope I'm not being blasphemous

I'm not knocking anyone who likes it, or already has a GT/CS. Its just not my cup of tea. Thanks
Old 7/20/06, 11:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mikelen9
Does anyone know if there is a Tape Stripe Delete option on the GT/CS? I love the body mods and the interior, but that middle of the door tape stripe is the one thing holding me back from jumping on the GT/CS. I realize that the originals had the stripe too, so I hope I'm not being blasphemous

I'm not knocking anyone who likes it, or already has a GT/CS. Its just not my cup of tea. Thanks
The short answer is NO. Was it the old Ford Model T that Henry Ford referred to when he said, "Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black." Still applies to the GT/CS stripe - there is no delete!
Old 7/20/06, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by semperfi65
The short answer is NO. Was it the old Ford Model T that Henry Ford referred to when he said, "Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black." Still applies to the GT/CS stripe - there is no delete!
Good point.
Old 7/20/06, 04:03 PM
Cobra R Member

Wife just got one, can I use the 3d carbon rear panel black panel that goes around the faux gas cap on the GTCS???

Also I am assuming I need to get the flat black one not the gloss black one?

I also would like to see a wide center stripe on the hood (bout 12 inches wide) and have the 281 on each side.
Old 7/20/06, 09:55 PM

Ya You Can use the Same Rear Panel as a Standard GT. I stock Silverhorse and 3dcarbon Rear Panels BTW! I will be trying the Panels on my GT/CS with a photo Shoot once I get all My Orders Caught up!

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=50460

kc
Old 8/31/06, 03:55 PM

Good Topic For All the New CS/ Owners!

kc
Old 8/31/06, 04:30 PM

This is what I ended up doing with my CS:
http://www.lint-tech.com/mustang/ Thanks to Rob from Baltimore Street Mods for doing a great job and cutting me such a great deal, also he used my car to try out some new CS strips:

You can contact him by going to the BSM website http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com He might be able to come up with something.

Quick Reply: GT/CS Stripes Anybody else want some Colors?