2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

GT/CS to return in 2011

Old 11/19/09, 10:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT/CS to return in 2011

Here is a story about a few of the cars for the 2011 production year and the GT/CS is on this list.

http://www.mustangheaven.com/2009/20...-1/#comment-96

Ron
Old 11/20/09, 07:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
why? so much for limited editions.
Old 11/20/09, 09:18 AM
GT Member

Best quote:

GF = Gurney Flap
Old 11/20/09, 06:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by y2kcbr
Best quote:

GF = Gurney Flap
AKA "whickerbill", eh?
Old 11/20/09, 09:23 PM
GT Member

All of us CS owners let's go up and lay down on the production lines so they can't roll them out!! Never thought they would bring them back this fast.
Old 11/20/09, 09:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm almost wondering if that's a mistake or something. I agree it doesn't make much sense to roll out even more of them after three years of production...and if this new CS is based on a loaded GT (with the price of a fully loaded GT being pretty high now) then add another 2K to the price...that's gonna be a pretty expensive car. My CS stickered for 32K and change...could that mean the new ones could be pushing 40k?
Old 11/20/09, 11:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
FWIW, there are several 05-09 GT's and a couple GT/CS' that park where I work.

Found out today that a person wants to buy my car from me.

Must be something to the CS package.
Old 11/21/09, 08:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

The GT/CS iis a real head turner, most people always trying to figure out what it is. There are alot of GT/CS on used car lots for sale looking for a new home.
Old 11/21/09, 08:34 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Definately a head turner, I get that all the time. Quite rare in this area too. I think i've only seen one other on the road, and 2 others in shows over the past 2 years.

I am surprised though when someone comes up to me and knows it's a California Special. Then there are those who think the CS stands for Carol Shelby.
Old 11/22/09, 07:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by denlem
Definately a head turner, I get that all the time. Quite rare in this area too. I think i've only seen one other on the road, and 2 others in shows over the past 2 years.

I am surprised though when someone comes up to me and knows it's a California Special. Then there are those who think the CS stands for Carol Shelby.
Mr Shelby told me what it stands for. See my story at photo #6 on 2_Terlingua Album.
Old 11/23/09, 05:23 AM
Bullitt Member

I do agree that the CS is a head turner. I have had my 07 for 2 years and not one single has gone by without either a comment or a thumbs up sign by a passing motorist. When people ask what the CS is for i usually say Chevy Suck which ususally provides a chuckle.

Last edited by pilatti1; 11/23/09 at 01:09 PM.
Old 11/23/09, 07:35 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
not to be a kill joy but i too get thumbs up every time I take my GT out. Basically the only difference to the untrained eye(general public) is the stripe, over a garden variety GT. No performance, no wheel difference. Its just a trim package.
Old 11/23/09, 07:52 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by topbliss
not to be a kill joy but i too get thumbs up every time I take my GT out. Basically the only difference to the untrained eye(general public) is the stripe, over a garden variety GT. No performance, no wheel difference.
POSER!

Old 11/23/09, 09:46 AM
Cobra Member

huh.....

Originally Posted by PTRocks
POSER!

Old 11/24/09, 07:19 AM
Bullitt Member

not to be a kill joy but i too get thumbs up every time I take my GT out. Basically the only difference to the untrained eye(general public) is the stripe, over a garden variety GT. No performance, no wheel difference. Its just a trim package.
other than a different front fascia, rear fascia, 2 tone interior, 18" wheels, oh and yea the stripe. plus its a limited edition. but other than that they are the same.
Old 11/24/09, 07:39 PM
Cobra Member

same wheels as one a GT.. Like I have.. Like I said. The the untrained eye the stripes are the only difference. No one who is not into Mustangs can see the slight fascia changes.. If they make em every year and anyone can order one, is really not a limited edition. Ford can call it anything they want for a marketing idea
Think about it..

Originally Posted by texasgt/cs
other than a different front fascia, rear fascia, 2 tone interior, 18" wheels, oh and yea the stripe. plus its a limited edition. but other than that they are the same.
Old 11/24/09, 08:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

FUN

same wheels as one a GT.. Like I have.. Like I said. The the untrained eye the stripes are the only difference. No one who is not into Mustangs can see the slight fascia changes.. If they make em every year and anyone can order one, is really not a limited edition. Ford can call it anything they want for a marketing idea
Think about it..
Think about this: GT/CS owners aren't hanging around a GT forum and acting as if they want one. It's just a trim package! So why let it bother you?

Admit it: you're envious. You really wish you had one!

(not to be a killjoy)

(heh)
Old 11/25/09, 03:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by frank s
Think about this: GT/CS owners aren't hanging around a GT forum and acting as if they want one. It's just a trim package! So why let it bother you?

Admit it: you're envious. You really wish you had one!

(not to be a killjoy)

(heh)
I dont' care what Mr. Killjoy says about his GT...the bottom line is that the C/S looks much better than the GT...and yes, he is definitely envious or perhaps regrets not going the extra mile to get a C/S.
Old 11/25/09, 09:13 AM
Bullitt Member

If they make em every year and anyone can order one, is really not a limited edition.

1. They didn't make them every year, 2007, 2008, 2009
2. It is a limited edition when they only make a limited number.
3. Yes anybody can order one, but that one is still part of the limited number.

I get the feeling that maybe you were once treated badly by a GT/CS in your early childhood and you are harboring ill feelings towards the GT/CS due this terrible experience. I am sure if you did a search you may find a support group. Hope you get the help you needed.

Happy Thanksgiving
Old 11/25/09, 10:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool We like all of the S-197's. We just like this one the best!

More on this subject: When the very first S-197 prototypes first started showing up at car shows in 2003, I knew instantly that this new package was going to be a winner! I read every car magazine's first report and then started researching this future Mustang purchase right here on the web.

We test drove a new 2005 GT coupe and thought we will have to get one of these babies after they have been out a while. When we saw the very first pictures of the GT/CS prototype in white. OMG! Fell in love with it. Like someone had read had my mind on what a mild custom could look like.

When a GT/CS finally arrived at the dealership, we went down and sat in a showroom coupe with the very nice looking two toned gray interior. That is when we both knew that we just had to have one of these in our own shop/garage! We finally got ours in 2007 and it is the very best Ford we have ever enjoyed!!

We love the look of all of the S-197's. But the "California Special" just has that near perfect combination of the facias, the unique interior, side stripes and extras! That just make people ask all of the time if this is some sort of factory custom or something. And I say in a way almost yes. As FoMoCo made so very few of them in their three years production run, as compared to the nearly one half million of its wonderful S-197 siblings.

And the very best part for us was that a Mustang GT/CS was some very affordable fun, as compared to the many nice but spendy Shelby-GT's, GT-500's, Roush's etc. that were out there.

All I know now, is that when ever we take our "Cal" out to a show or to a display, the car nuts come over to have a closer look at that white "California Special" coupe every time. And then they can talk your head off with all the many questions about it. And I really love every minute of those great Mustang fun times gang!!

Back to the original subject of a possible 2011 GT/CS coming. That could be interesting and pretty cool if it had a 5.0 Coyote engine and a six speed stick! But it would probably also be pushing around 40K for the price? Who knows? Na. We are very content with ours and it is now paid for. So we will just keep it in our family, so the grandson can get to drive it someday.. CalStang

P.S. That last picture is The Mrs.(Cheri) saying "Lets just get this one". But believe it was an auto. "RC"
Attached Thumbnails GT/CS to return in 2011-2007-gtcs-proto-white-2.jpg   GT/CS to return in 2011-2007-gtcs-promo.jpg   GT/CS to return in 2011-cs-prototype-2006.jpg   GT/CS to return in 2011-10-01-06-woodhouse-cs-mustang-003.jpg   GT/CS to return in 2011-10-01-06-woodhouse-cs-mustang-010.jpg  

Last edited by CalStang'07; 11/25/09 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Additional Notes and Pix

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT/CS to return in 2011