2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

GT/CS arrives in driveway (AZ + Pics) 7/8

Search this Thread

Old 7/9/06 | 09:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

GT/CS arrives in driveway (AZ + Pics) 7/8

I guess South Carolina beat me to it but here is mine arriving 7/8. I ordered GT appearence but, I guess they forgot to add it. I do like the seats, they are comfortable and I really like the power passenger. Yes, I have let a few guests drive already so I have tried the right side. I does not seem to tilt as far down as the driver side. This has the Satin dash panel and is almost same as Hertz. Also has parchment interior/auto/ side airbags. So far, no disappointments.

PS- My wife is not speaking to any of you!
Attached Thumbnails GT/CS arrives in driveway (AZ + Pics) 7/8-front.jpg   GT/CS arrives in driveway (AZ + Pics) 7/8-frt_rgt.jpg   GT/CS arrives in driveway (AZ + Pics) 7/8-inside.jpg   GT/CS arrives in driveway (AZ + Pics) 7/8-lft_frt.jpg   GT/CS arrives in driveway (AZ + Pics) 7/8-lft_qtr.jpg  

Old 7/9/06 | 11:06 PM
Cobra Member

Very nice, congrats! That's the second story I've heard today of an order getting screwed up. Makes me wonder what my '07 will look like if and when it arrives!
Old 7/10/06 | 05:19 AM
GTR Member

Congrats, great looking car.
Sorry to hear that your order was incorrect.
Makes you wonder what's going on with the system.
Old 7/10/06 | 06:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks guys. Yeah, it's strange on the order thing. I also thought I had told the sales guy Dove but I like this better after seeing the pics here. Also strange, when you open the hood, the bottom side of it looks like the correct pattern to accept the scoop. Maybe they are all like that. Only my second new car and the most expensive I have ever bought. The whole "dealership buying" thing is so stressful.
Old 7/10/06 | 06:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by awakeinAZ
I guess South Carolina beat me to it but here is mine arriving 7/8. I ordered GT appearence but, I guess they forgot to add it.

PS- My wife is not speaking to any of you!
Why?

Just wondering...does the serial number on the car match your order? Maybe they did the bait and switch thing...
Old 7/10/06 | 08:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by flashfearless
Why?

Just wondering...does the serial number on the car match your order? Maybe they did the bait and switch thing...
You know I wondered about that too. He had given me a VIN a while ago over the phone and it matched that. Otherwise, I had never gotten copies of my order or DORA etc. I asked him what open orders would be coming in next and he said 4 coupe's. He probably figures I won't stop by to see it and if I did he would say "it just showed up". I will say, it took them a long time to get an order in as I jumped in the first part of April. I can't believe they had any other orders before mine.
Old 7/10/06 | 11:57 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

big question is did they charge you for the stuff you didn't get?

On a side note..IS that your house in the background?? holy crap and elevator to the driveway?? WOW!
Old 7/10/06 | 12:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by burningman
big question is did they charge you for the stuff you didn't get?

On a side note..IS that your house in the background?? holy crap and elevator to the driveway?? WOW!

NO! MSRP - No X-plan either though. The other white coupe has +3000 Market adjustment on it too!

ha ha, I wondered if someone would see that. Since I don't have any big green things here (trees I think they are called) I found something else for the background. This is a Country Club /restaurant nearby me!
Old 7/10/06 | 01:16 PM

Beautiful Car!!!
I've been telling people how nice the car looks but until you see it in person you just can't appreciate it!! Did yor come with the CS Floor Mats? The two up here in Mesa only have plain Mustang Matts

Don't Get caught in a Monsoon!!!!! You guys got rocked the other Day
Old 7/10/06 | 03:39 PM
Cobra Member

Ford originally made it sound like the CS would get special mats, but they're the same mats that are used in the Pony Package. They have a little metal tag on them that says "Mustang".
Old 7/10/06 | 04:25 PM

Figures!!! The invoice clearly states CS Mats but they did have the ones that you stated with the metal "Mustang" brushed aluminum looking badge about 1/2 hihg and 4 inches long
Old 7/10/06 | 07:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jacostang
Beautiful Car!!!
I've been telling people how nice the car looks but until you see it in person you just can't appreciate it!! Did yor come with the CS Floor Mats? The two up here in Mesa only have plain Mustang Matts

Don't Get caught in a Monsoon!!!!! You guys got rocked the other Day
I think it's the (V6) plain Mustang mats! Thanks for the thumbs up, I appreciate it!

Yeah, Friday I think. Luckily I drive other things to work so the Mustang is home safe. There can be lots of hail in some of those storms. Good to see somone else from AZ on the boards!
Old 7/11/06 | 10:41 AM
Cobra Member

Congrats on the stang hope you enjoy her in good health!
Old 7/11/06 | 11:45 AM

GT appearance

The GT appearance package was on hold untill June 22 so if your car was going to have it you still would be waiting.My dealer called to see if I wanted to go without it and I said I would wait.
Old 7/11/06 | 12:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oh... so either they never ordered it or, they gave me a different car.
Hmmmmm...and dealers wonder why they have a bad reputation?
Old 7/11/06 | 04:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Gee I wonder why
Old 7/11/06 | 04:33 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

So why does your wife hate us?
Old 7/11/06 | 04:40 PM
Cobra Member

Well, at least it's fairly easy to add the GT Appearance Package parts you didn't get. The interior color change is another matter! Hopefully you like the parchment
Old 7/11/06 | 06:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1969 Mustang Mach 1
So why does your wife hate us?
Well, she just thinks if I would not have been on here trolling the pictures etc I wouldn't be a Stang owner. She thinks it's more prudent to save money. We already have 3 other good cars. She has for now refused to ride in it.

Tres- Yes, I do like the color and you're right, engine cover is on order already. Right now I'm not missing the hood scoop so...will leave it off.
Old 7/11/06 | 06:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats on the new GT/CS! I love the scenery out there in Tucson, I stayed there in January for Barrett/Jackson, can't wait to go back!

Quick Reply: GT/CS arrives in driveway (AZ + Pics) 7/8