Front end Bra for GT/CS

Search this Thread

Old 3/25/08, 09:44 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front end Bra for GT/CS

We ordered a Bra from Colgan for the Shelby GT, got it today, installed and it fits great. One mod to mention, the Shelby GT has a tubular grill, the bra has hooks for this, we took a short bungee cord and put it across the grill, hooked the bra hooks to it and that completed the install.
We bought the carbon fiber printed bra, it looks great, IMO, now we can head to Pensacola MCA show this weekend and ot worry about front end damage.

TDS & Ms. Jill
Old 3/25/08, 10:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TDS
We ordered a Bra from Colgan for the Shelby GT, got it today, installed and it fits great. One mod to mention, the Shelby GT has a tubular grill, the bra has hooks for this, we took a short bungee cord and put it across the grill, hooked the bra hooks to it and that completed the install.
We bought the carbon fiber printed bra, it looks great, IMO, now we can head to Pensacola MCA show this weekend and ot worry about front end damage.

TDS & Ms. Jill
Dang, must have missed the post I had made about a bra for the Shelby GT/Mustang GT/CS. I have been trying to find one. Guess I need to draft someone going down there to keep the bugs off as much as possible...then get the bra for the next go around. I will have to take a look at yours down there.

Old 3/26/08, 09:05 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice find...thanks for posting. I just went to their site and ordered one. It is starting to thaw out here and I need the bug protection for those summer runs.

One question, did you place the bungee cord across the grill or through the grill? I "assumed" it would go across the from side to side from reading your post.
Old 3/26/08, 03:47 PM
V6 Member

Can we get a pic???
Old 3/26/08, 07:15 PM
Bullitt Member

I also got the Bra from Colgan a pic of Bungee placement would help. Thanks!!!
Old 3/26/08, 10:20 PM

front end bra

I'm new here so forgive me if I don't use the correct online etiquette here. I have a black gt/cs I put a clearcoat bra over it. It works great, it is hard to tell if it is on. It allows sunlight through so if you have to take it off, it will look like the rest of the paint. I have had it on my stang for a whole year now, no problems. The only catch is it does not cover the facia between the lights and the bumber. I was told that they do not have the pattern for the cs, just the gt.
Old 4/1/08, 07:43 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

The bungee is approx 8 inches, slight hook modification to open up the hook bends,
inserted at the second grill opening from the bottom edge of grill, next to the fog lights.
the angle allows the hook coils to rest in the grill opening below, no excessive tension
on the plastic grill, except the non-contrasting color of bungee used, you would think that it was part of the bra package.
TDS
Old 4/3/08, 08:41 AM

front end bra

I ordered one for my 07GTCS from Colgan, carbon fiber, should be here on April 9th.

Tom
Old 4/3/08, 06:57 PM

i bought the bra from colgan (carbon fiber), i think its definitely worth the money. Its good quality, holds on tight, and definitely saved my front end from bugs/tar/rock chips on my last trip down to NC and back (from norther VA).
Old 4/5/08, 09:08 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 4/5/08, 09:41 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Steved,

Great looking ride. How are you attaching the middle 2 hooks in the front grill area?
Or did you trim them off of the bra entirely?

Just curious.

TDS
Old 4/7/08, 10:11 PM
Cobra R Member

will someone please show some more pics with the Colgan bra,dose it rub any where on the front of the car???MY black GT/CS will show everything ,I thank you
Old 4/8/08, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by ricksGT/CS
will someone please show some more pics with the Colgan bra,dose it rub any where on the front of the car???MY black GT/CS will show everything ,I thank you
I have a black gt/cs. I use a clearcoat bra. You cannot tell it is on untill you get close, you dont have an (my opinion) ugly leather thing over your car which will leave a mark on you stang! It covers the front quarter of the car, People do not know it's there unless I show them. I have had it on for over a year, no chips on my front end. Just thought you might want this as a feasible alternative!
Old 4/8/08, 06:24 PM

one question for you. I see that you painted you calipers, I would like to do the same. Did you have any problems? do you have advice on how to do it. Thanks Jayhawk78
Old 4/8/08, 06:58 PM
Cobra R Member

brake's painted red

Yes, it takes about a hour and a half to do each one ,a warm sunny day also is a good idea,small paint brushs and paint tinner,take your time and it will look great,
Old 4/9/08, 06:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Came in today..

The bra finally arrived today. It appears to be a quality product, unlike the Made in China pos for the Jeep GC, which we don't even use.

However, I can't try it on yet, as it is to cold, and we are in the middle of a winter storm advisory for tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully, winter will end soon....
Old 4/9/08, 06:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by Steved
what the hell is up with your headlights? looks like the BMW "angel eyes"

Last edited by Cavero; 4/9/08 at 08:33 PM.
Old 4/9/08, 07:03 PM

red calipers

Yes, it takes about a hour and a half to do each one ,a warm sunny day also is a good idea,small paint brushs and paint tinner,take your time and it will look great,
Thanks Rick, I'll try it when it bloody stops raining around here. Jayhawk78
Old 4/9/08, 09:21 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

No the bra does not rub anything, at least not on our car.
We went to pensacola MCA show and back and have driven the car since then, no problems, other than cleaning the bug splatters of of the carbon fiber print outer shell.

TDS
Old 4/10/08, 07:00 AM

Thumbs up Colgan

I received my Colgan Front-end bra and installed it the other night, VERY pleased with the fit and ease of installation, "fits like a glove" looks great on my Black GTCS, definitely worth the extra money.

Tom

Quick Reply: Front end Bra for GT/CS