2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Dove interrior

Search this Thread

Old 6/24/07, 02:05 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dove interrior

To all the GT/CS members with the Dove interrior's, I was wondering how they are holding up. I ordered my 2008 with the Dove, and it looks like that light color molding and trim will show scuffs and dirt. Any problems? Easy to clean? Thanks for any help.
Old 6/24/07, 04:56 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the dove interior and have had no problems keeping it clean. I have not noticed any scuff marks on the lower door; however, be careful of the speaker boxes. Some passengers have accidently kicked them getting out of the car. But they cleaned up fine. Good luck, and enjoy the ride.
Old 6/24/07, 05:20 PM
GT Member

thanks john, I was starting to have some second thoughts about the dove interrior, but I should be fine. Thanks for the info on the speaker covers, I was thinking of gettting some aftermarket covers. I saw some crome ones. Thanks
Old 6/24/07, 06:14 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eric;
No problems on this end with the Dove. I've got an ST with the parchment, and really don't have a problem with that either.
Good luck with your new CS when you get it.
Old 6/24/07, 06:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I don't have a problem other than I use the drivers seat too much lol I have a Meguires leather cleaner and give it a good clean & condition every couple months , but just use Meguiers leather wipes in between time.
Attached Thumbnails Dove interrior-clean-car-again-004.jpg   Dove interrior-clean-car-again-007.jpg   Dove interrior-0702-8.jpg  
Old 6/25/07, 12:07 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Easy to keep clean.
Old 6/25/07, 10:15 AM
CAL
GT Member

Just turned over 4,000 miles, had mine for 7 months now - dove and interior are all holding up well. Do notice some cracking in the leather seats so I've upped the leather seat treatments (once week w/Armor All Leather cleaner).

Love the car!! Enjoy them!
Old 6/25/07, 08:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by CAL
Just turned over 4,000 miles, had mine for 7 months now - dove and interior are all holding up well. Do notice some cracking in the leather seats so I've upped the leather seat treatments (once week w/Armor All Leather cleaner).

Just turned 5400 mi, and it still looks like new....I use Meguiars leather cleaner and then the moisturizing treatment. I also use the Zaino leather cleaner....its like leather in a bottle....renews the leather smell.
Old 7/4/07, 06:31 AM
GT Member

I drive...a lot...11k in 6 months...have the black/dove and no problems in keeping it clean...at least with the Job 1 builds, did notice that the leather seems to wear a little quicker (scuffing, no cracking)...just a little extra TLC seems to help....
Old 7/4/07, 01:15 PM
Bullitt Member

11,000 miles on mine and still kickin'.
BUT since day one I noticed some discoloration and I figured it was my rear that caused it and it doesnt really clean off, even with Meguiars. I think it's just a bad dye job on the leather. And yeah you will tend to scuff up the doors and kick panels but with a wet rag it cleans off no sweat.
Old 7/4/07, 01:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by CAL

CAL: I suggest you use the Meguiars 2 step treatment...1st step cleans, 2nd step treats it with moisturizers etc.
Old 7/5/07, 07:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

I thought I'd toss in here BE Extemley careful of something like a hair spray in any form or freshly applied to ones hair, my reason was my x had a pump up bottle in an over night bag that was ontop of my leather coat and it leaked ! because leathers are died it had stripped all color in area of contact, I did get it fixed but a car seat would be much harder.
Old 7/5/07, 09:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
I thought I'd toss in here BE Extemley careful of something like a hair spray in any form or freshly applied to ones hair, my reason was my x had a pump up bottle in an over night bag that was ontop of my leather coat and it leaked ! because leathers are died it had stripped all color in area of contact, I did get it fixed but a car seat would be much harder.
+1! No drinks/fast food allowed in my car either
Offenders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent possible!
Old 7/5/07, 03:36 PM
GT Member

wow some of you guys sure do drive alot! I only had 17,000 on my 05 GT before I sold it. Thanks for all the great tips for keeping the car inside clean. I should be getting my car in a few months
Old 7/5/07, 03:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by MrClean
+1! No drinks/fast food allowed in my car either
Offenders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent possible!
So is sex out to then
Old 7/5/07, 04:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

So is sex out to then
Um, no.... sex is allowed ANYWHERE that won't land you in jail!
Old 7/5/07, 05:21 PM
GT Member

So is sex out to then

...but first, aftermarket seat covers.........
Old 7/6/07, 09:06 AM
CAL
GT Member

CAL: I suggest you use the Meguiars 2 step treatment...1st step cleans, 2nd step treats it with moisturizers etc.
Thank you. I will use the Meguiars products....Meguiars is always good stuff! Besides, how can I not take advice from a Stanger whose signature is "Mr. Clean!" thanks again....
Old 7/6/07, 11:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by CAL
Thank you. I will use the Meguiars products....Meguiars is always good stuff! Besides, how can I not take advice from a Stanger whose signature is "Mr. Clean!" thanks again....
Well, actually it fits on a couple of levels, yes I'm **** when it comes to my car's neatness/cleanliness, but I also have the right haircut..or lack of hair...shaved head!
Old 7/6/07, 11:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Well, actually it fits on a couple of levels, yes I'm **** when it comes to my car's neatness/cleanliness, but I also have the right haircut..or lack of hair...shaved head!
You also have the earring?

Quick Reply: Dove interrior