2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

CS decal location

Search this Thread

Old 5/19/22, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CS decal location

Hello, new guy here coming from 2003 GT. Looking at getting 07 white GT/CS and the side decal is at bottom of door and not mid door like all the other photos. Everything else seems to match a CS based on photos. Well the front grill may be aftermarket as it has two round lights close together in middle of grill.

Anyone have or seen the GT CS stripe at the bottom of side vs middle? Thx

Tried to upload pix but not working.

Old 5/20/22, 09:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Usually if that's done someone just stuck the sticker on it that way because they thought it was cooler looking for them. This not the proper location, however, it does NOT mean it's not a GT/CS. It means they put the sticker where they wanted it. And the grille is definitely aftermarket. It sounds to me that someone was just doing their thing with it, and that's how Mustangs are!

Also to note is the fact that a GT/CS is nothing more than a looks package when one gets down to it, with the front and rear fascias, scoops on the hood and sides, the stickers, and a few other oddities that aren't all that important/get lost/torn up so it's actually very easy to make one from a regular GT. Awesome has a lot of the same stuff on her, actually, she's quite the mix with the GTAs, 2010 GT500 'vert rims, and of course the GT/CS front and backs, but she ain't a GT/CS, she's a Mustang Awesome.

Point of all that silliness is to say... Do you like it? Is it fine for you to have that there, and the grille? Yes? Don't worry about it! You do you and that'll do! And welcome to the forums!

Last edited by houtex; 5/20/22 at 09:56 AM.
Old 5/20/22, 10:13 AM

thank you for the welcome and very helpful info. I am seeing the car tonight. here is a link to the car, disregard that price listed. I can get it for cheaper.

Rauls Auto Sales - 2007 FORD MUSTANG 2DR
Old 5/20/22, 02:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Yeah, that could or could not be a CS. The interior sorta looks right with the two tone, but I dunno... the seats look like they've been recovered. For sure the rear panel on the trunk is an add on, and the quarter windows are those Silverhorse inset ones replacing the actual windows... Grille's aftermarket, and I don't know why but the bumpers look kinda misaligned, as if they were replaced. The driver's scoop's color seems slightly off, like it was added afterwards or something... The CS medallion is gettable back then, easy replacement, and i'm pretty sure those wheels didn't come on the CS, but people do like them.

But hey, again... whether it's a CS or not isn't really the thing though. Lots of people did the 'make it look like' thing. Bottom line: If you like it, then you like it, and that's all that matters.

/As long as it's a decent car in the first place, of course. If it's a rattletrap falling apart on ya, that's not fun a'tall.

//The license plate bracket for the front bumper is available, last I checked around, and I'd get it rather than run a bare plate or just leave the ugly holes.
Old 5/20/22, 02:37 PM

Just checked it out. Overall it's nice. Definitely aftermarket exhaust and sound incredible. Prob not a CS but that's ok not that I was looking for one.
im going to see it again tomorrow and will check those louvers out. Assumed they were cosmetic. I did notice they were on good. I saw some surface rust in that area which I'm **** about rust.

If u zoom in u see it. Didn't pick up good on camera.ivdid notice the louvers had tinted inserts.
Old 5/20/22, 04:33 PM

Well they sold it after I left lol. Was to go back in the morning so wife could see it but sold. Odd because it was for sale for almost a month and sells within 2 hours after I test drove it lol. The rust bothered me anyway and was on both sides.

Other cars out there anyway so will keep looking.
Old 5/20/22, 04:35 PM

Well they sold it after I left lol. Was to go back in the morning so wife could see it but sold. Odd because it was for sale for almost a month and sells within 2 hours after I test drove it lol. The rust bothered me anyway and was on both sides.

Other cars out there anyway so will keep looking.

Old 5/21/22, 02:21 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,173 Likes on 1,750 Posts
Just for future reference, consider using the edit function rather than submitting double posts. Meanwhile, welcome aboard.
Old 5/21/22, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Just for future reference, consider using the edit function rather than submitting double posts. Meanwhile, welcome aboard.
thx, not sure why it double posted and would not let me delete it. Thx for the welcome.