oh my 2008 GT/CS is on the way. Performance White
I got:
Interior upgrade package
dove interior
charcoal aluminum panel
sirius satellite radio
wheel locking kit.
3.31's...
Short sweet list. I didn't want the other stuff.

Mods ready to go in:
Engine cover ordered from site listed here on the forums
Hurst Short Throw Shifter

My car is going to be badass.... I am stoked. oh and no lame hood scoop. I don't really like them.
Old 8/29/07, 11:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by theredliner
Thanks for the advice about the bra. I think I may go with clear one. Seen any 05-07 with a sunroof?
GAH!!!
Why??
Old 8/29/07, 11:57 PM

Congrats!!!

Originally Posted by CarRamRod
oh my 2008 GT/CS is on the way. Performance White
I got:
Interior upgrade package
dove interior
charcoal aluminum panel
sirius satellite radio
wheel locking kit.
3.31's...
Short sweet list. I didn't want the other stuff.

Mods ready to go in:
Engine cover ordered from site listed here on the forums
Hurst Short Throw Shifter

My car is going to be badass.... I am stoked. oh and no lame hood scoop. I don't really like them.
Old 8/30/07, 05:50 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Do GT/CS mustangs have a unique VIN number designating them as something different than a standard GT? Most cars that are collectible have a unique body code indicating they are something special ... otherwise it's a GT + stickers + Plastic + 3M tape ... IMHO
Old 8/30/07, 07:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
Do GT/CS mustangs have a unique VIN number designating them as something different than a standard GT? Most cars that are collectible have a unique body code indicating they are something special ... otherwise it's a GT + stickers + Plastic + 3M tape ... IMHO
The GT/CS does not have a unique VIN number. The only way to tell if your car is a true GT/CS is to go to the Ford Dealer Parts Dept and have them run a HVBoM report on your VIN which will show the GT/CS option package. On your report under verisions you should see a code AACTF0 for the California Special package. Here is an example of the report.
Attached Thumbnails Collectibility of Car GT/CS:Mixed feelings-page2.jpg   Collectibility of Car GT/CS:Mixed feelings-page3.jpg   Collectibility of Car GT/CS:Mixed feelings-page4.jpg   Collectibility of Car GT/CS:Mixed feelings-page5.jpg  
Old 8/30/07, 07:45 AM
2&2
GT Member

I was 16 years old in 1971. In 1978, I could have bought 68' to 70' Shelby's all day long for around seven Grand. But why would anyone pay two times the money for an eight year old car that you could buy a brand new car for? They said those cars may not go down in value ,but they will not go up any more. Same for the 68' cal special. I wish I would have bought a couple. I do still have my 65'fastback but sold my 70"cuda for pennies. I see the same thing happening today with the new cars. They will hold value (the shelby's) or go down slightly(the GT/CS), for the first 15 years, then will start to go up and go up very well, too the point that they do better than the stock market.I feel the Shelby GT will be worth more than the Shelby GT500. And the GT/CS will hold or gain the same percent gain as the GT500. I want the Shelby GT, but can not get over that $1,000.00 gas guzler tax. It is just the point of it. So the GT/CS is every bite as good looking as the Shelby GT and I can actually drive it.

I think the $1,895.00 GT/CS pakage is really a good deal. If you put that car next to a standard GT, it looks so much sleeker and faster. It is all about looking fast to me. I do not understand why more owners do not select that package. I hope they dont so less get built. They pay $1,200.00 for a stereo upgrade and do not blink an eye.
Old 8/30/07, 02:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Got to Agree !!

2&2: Got to agree with what you have said about the GT/CS's. That is pretty much why we are driving one today! Showed CalStang off at Flashback's car display last night in Big "O". Some people even thought it was a factory custom, because they had never seen a GT/CS before. I said. No, not a custom, just a special addition and anyone can order one from FoMoCo. By the way. Did you ever get up to Woodhouse Ford, just to do some of your startup pricing on the 2008 GT/CS yet? Good Luck with that !! P.S. They are so very much fun to drive. Zoom! Zoom!
Old 8/30/07, 02:21 PM
2&2
GT Member

They have a Vista Blue 08' GT/CS coupe on the lot now that I am going up this weekend to see if I really like that color. It is between Vista and Candy Red right now. I am leaning toward Vista Blue. My wife wants a convertible so we may have to order it to get what we want. It sounds like they are open to deal with. I am getting my 65' Fastback ready for the show and shine weather coming up. Maybe I will see you at some events.
Old 8/30/07, 07:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool "Choices, Choices"

2&2: If your wife really wants a Vert, would probably recommend that you not test drive that Vista Blue GT/CS Coupe. As that Blue is a way-hot color and was my second choice. But Candy-apple Red would be very sharp too. Also. Because you already own a '65 fastback, then you know about that love affair we Stang Nuts have with that solid, tight and fast looking body style!! Consider yourself warned friend!! Trusting that Woodhouse will take very good care of you also. If you do decide to purchase or order through them, just see my man Josh J. Good luck on this and we will watch for your white '65 fastback at the area's Fall show and shines. Zoom! Zoom!
Old 9/5/07, 08:27 PM
V6 Member

The 08's are out but I do not see any GT/CS on the lots as of yet. It seems like a lot of people are ordering them though. Thanks for the great input on this post. I saw a 72 Mustang the other day and he saw me and asked me if the GT/CS stood for Caroll Shelby. I started to say why sure it does but I caught myself and told him what it really meant. He then said he remember the original GT/CS but nver really thought about collecting it. Turns out he was the original owner of the 72 he was driving and his advice to me was to drive it hard and start storing spare parts. GEE i said thanks ...he really thought my CS was special! So did the lady I met at the Home Depot today. She pulled up in a Dodge RAM said hi told me her she owned an 06 GT and complimented me on my GT/CS . I felt great she even knew what the CS stood for. Impressive. I know we have something special hear. Next May I will buy a 2008 Mustang Convertible...a 2008 GT/CS Mustang convertible that is! 2 cars equals 2 times the collectibility!
Old 9/5/07, 08:38 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

OK,
If you think that the '07/08 GT/CS is a collectible car? Then you are probably correct.

With it being a "special package" from Ford - YES, with it being a collectible car - MAYBE.

Having owned and sold many Muscle Cars, (1967-1973) and also owned quite a few Mustangs, (1965-2007) this is just my opinion.

Having sold 2 cars last year at Barrett Jackson, and having an inside connection at the market, I am saying.

Keep your's factory stock, save the window sticker, and wait 10 to 15 years, then put it on the auction block.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

TDS
Old 9/5/07, 09:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CarRamRod
Neither is the GT/CS but at least I don't see them at all in Charlotte, NC. I see a shelby at least 3-5 times a week. Different ones on different roads. Makes you wonder how many GT/CS there are out there? I don't see GT/CS at the dealers either... rare as hell. I've seen 2 in 3 months and that was going to every dealer in town looking for the one I wanted. Charlotte is a big enough city that I would expect to see more if there were high production on these.
I live in Charlotte too. When I ordered my '07 GT, I wanted to test drive a GT with a 5 speed. The salesman gave me the keys to a California Special on their lot. I couldn't believe it. I thought the GT/CS should be washed up and on the showroom floor, not being used for test drives! Nice Mustang and I enjoyed driving it.
Old 9/5/07, 09:11 PM
Bullitt Member

I'd already be driving the car if Dale Jarrett ford had not been a bunch of jackasses. oh well 08 ordered... I think they only like premium money. Really ****ed me off at the time. I'm now getting a better deal on an 08 vs the one they offered me this summer on an 07 that had been parked out in front for at least 6 months. Same exact car only I went for the charcoal panel instead of the satin. I didn't like the glare.
Old 9/8/07, 10:32 PM
GT Member

Dale Jarrett Ford,.... er, uh, he drives a Toyota now..., think that that has anything to do with them screwing up???? It was a sad day in Hickory when he bailed on Ford.

I live in Hickory, where Dale resides. My GT/CS was ordered special from a local Dealer, who really took care of me, very, very, fair I might add. The only problem was delivery, 3 days late, due to Ford.

But all is well now. Good luck on yours. It's worth the wait.
Old 9/9/07, 06:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 3Strikes
Dale Jarrett Ford,.... er, uh, he drives a Toyota now..., think that that has anything to do with them screwing up???? It was a sad day in Hickory when he bailed on Ford.

I live in Hickory, where Dale resides. My GT/CS was ordered special from a local Dealer, who really took care of me, very, very, fair I might add. The only problem was delivery, 3 days late, due to Ford.

But all is well now. Good luck on yours. It's worth the wait.
Oh really. My Dad bought his 2001 F150 lightning over there and It has totally changed since he did that deal. That is very interesting. My Dad will be interested in that information.
Old 9/10/07, 12:13 PM

I think it's funny how much people are paying for a Shelby GT. it's rediculous money for nothing special. now the GT 500 is something special.
Old 9/11/07, 06:26 AM
2&2
GT Member

I have got to disagree with you Wes. I think the fact that Shelby actually put his hands on the Shelby GT is what will make it worth more in the long run than the Shelby GT 500's. Now I am talking percentage wise on holding its value. It is all about the history of a car.The Shelby Gt 500's are nice but will be just like the mustang cobra of the late 90's and early 2000.s. Now I have to say that they did make many many SGT's. If you go look on ebay you will see about ten or more SGT's all the time. But look for GT/SC's, you only see about four most of the time. The GT/SC is a good one too, and you are not afraid to drive it. So that means, more than likely, 1/2 the GT/SC's will someday make it to the junkyard, which in turn drives up the value. Very few Shelby GT's will have the wheels driven off. So like someone else advised, drive you GT/CS hard but save all the parts for thr restoration.
Old 9/11/07, 06:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
The GT/CS has the same wheels that are optional on the GT and the gears are no different.
$1895 get you side stripes, side scoops, 2 tone seats, and the 18" wheels (~$900 option on the GT).
It is also lowered 1.5" from the regular GT. Having owned both and now the GT/CS it has a totally different feel for me than my last GT Deluxe. The seats seem to be more comfortable. I don't know about any extra future value. I had done a search and saw an estimated 8000 for 07. I also saw speculation about a short run for 08 on another forum.
Old 9/11/07, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by 2&2
I have got to disagree with you Wes. I think the fact that Shelby actually put his hands on the Shelby GT is what will make it worth more in the long run than the Shelby GT 500's. Now I am talking percentage wise on holding its value. It is all about the history of a car.The Shelby Gt 500's are nice but will be just like the mustang cobra of the late 90's and early 2000.s. Now I have to say that they did make many many SGT's. If you go look on ebay you will see about ten or more SGT's all the time. But look for GT/SC's, you only see about four most of the time. The GT/SC is a good one too, and you are not afraid to drive it. So that means, more than likely, 1/2 the GT/SC's will someday make it to the junkyard, which in turn drives up the value. Very few Shelby GT's will have the wheels driven off. So like someone else advised, drive you GT/CS hard but save all the parts for thr restoration.
when I bought my car I looked at the SGT as well I just couldn't justify spending the extra money for a name and a few mods that I could do myself for half the the price they were charging. for their owners sake I hope they do become collectibles. and I hope they enjoy them while they sit under their custom fit car cover in their climate controlled storage unit of choice. ooooh that sounds like fun.
Old 9/11/07, 12:09 PM
Bullitt Member

so wait is the car lowered or just the front fascia?

Quick Reply: Collectibility of Car GT/CS:Mixed feelings