2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Charcoal or Aluminum Instrument Panel Applique

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/07, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charcoal or Aluminum Instrument Panel Applique

First of all, just wanna say hi to everyone as this is my first post to the forum and a thanx to all who've posted pics, i've gotten so many idea's for my new gt/cs which i will be purchasing in the very near future. This will be my 3rd stang. I had an 86GT and currently own a 2002GT, both of them black and there'll be no exception for my future 07!!!...One thing i'm having trouble deciding on is whether to go with the charcoal or brushed aluminum instrument panel applique and whether to go with camel or dove. Alot of people seem to be going with the brushed alluminum on dove which looks nice but i think that the charcoal will give a nice contrast to the whole dash since it would be on either dove or charcoal but i can't find any pics of charcaol panels out there to prove my theory. So if anyone has the charcaol panel on the camel or dove interior, please post your pics....CAUSE I'M GOING ABSOLUTLY BONKERS TRYING TO MAKE A DECISION!!!
Old 3/8/07, 06:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

found this on another thread...
Old 3/8/07, 06:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is my interior!..........but I like the bordello look!......
Attached Thumbnails Charcoal or Aluminum Instrument Panel Applique-mvc-007s.jpg   Charcoal or Aluminum Instrument Panel Applique-mvc-002s.jpg   Charcoal or Aluminum Instrument Panel Applique-mvc-001s.jpg   Charcoal or Aluminum Instrument Panel Applique-mvc-005s.jpg  
Old 3/8/07, 06:49 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
I've had and like both. My vote is for charcoal.
Old 3/8/07, 07:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I think it may depend on the cars color scheme, I was going to get charcoal then thought satin would look best for me in this instance.
Attached Thumbnails Charcoal or Aluminum Instrument Panel Applique-mt-douglas-005.jpg   Charcoal or Aluminum Instrument Panel Applique-mt-douglas-006.jpg   Charcoal or Aluminum Instrument Panel Applique-mt-douglas-004.jpg  
Old 3/8/07, 10:11 PM
Bullitt Member

I had a difficult time making my decision between the charcoal or the satin aluminum instrument panel applique too. But since I went with the dark charcoal seats and interior, I wanted the contrast of the satin aluminum panel.

The charcoal panel looks great also, so it just depends on which you decide looks best with the rest of your Mustang's interior. Look at it this way - you can't make a mistake - they both look great.

I'm thinking that with a camel or dove interior, a charcoal panel would look really great because of the contrast. But that's only my opinion. Look at some pictures or best of all the real thing and then decide for yourself.

Here's great links from here on the MSF that you may find helpful:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...pgrade+Package

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...harcoal%20dash
Old 3/8/07, 10:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

I agree, it depends on the color of the exterior and interior. I usually like charcoal when I see it though.
Old 3/9/07, 06:42 PM

Hey guys, thanks to all for your help....Ed, thanks for those links....I've been out to several dealerships to look for one with the charcoal panel but all the stangs on the lots all have the alluminum panel....thanks to those links you posted, i could see what i was picturing in my head and YES, on a gt/cs, i would have to go with the charcoal panel to carry on the contrast of seats onto the dash.
Old 3/11/07, 02:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Since you are getting a black stang, I think a black car with the charcoal interior and the aluminum dash would look great. Very classy! My car is Redfire but here are a couple of pics of her interior.
Attached Thumbnails Charcoal or Aluminum Instrument Panel Applique-168.1.jpg   Charcoal or Aluminum Instrument Panel Applique-169.jpg  
Old 3/11/07, 03:26 PM
GT Member

I think everyone had this dilemma. Ended up with black/dove and satin. I like the subtle blend into the dove from the black eyebrow on the dashtop.

Did look at a CS that was black/parchment (camel or whatever they're calling it now...) and the strong contrast against the parchment was very dramatic. Personal call but if I could have one Stang with each that would be a happy-happy joy-joy moment....
Old 3/11/07, 03:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have a black stang. I vote charcoal
my friend has a black v6 w/ aluminum.
I totally prefer the charcoal.
Old 3/11/07, 03:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have a question... I have the Aluminum panels is it possible to cover that with the carbon fiber charcoal or not. I think that I can't but just want to double check.
Old 3/12/07, 05:40 PM
V6 Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Interior

How is this???
Attached Thumbnails Charcoal or Aluminum Instrument Panel Applique-interior-1-.jpg  
Old 3/19/07, 06:35 PM
Closet American

No bad combinations on this car; only personal preferences.

At first, I was planning to order the satin aluminum finish. But after seeing both in person, what I discovered was that the texture and reflectance of the charcoal aluminum finish looked richer and more expensive. It also contrasts nicely with the chrome colored HVAC vents.

Generally speaking, pictures don't do the charcoal aluminum finish justice. When I saw it in pics, I thought it was too dark and didn't offer enough contrast with the black interior. I was wrong.
Old 3/20/07, 08:02 AM
V6 Member

Mine's black/dove with the aluminium panel, but I decided that I didn't like it - so fitted a carbon fibre dash kit!

Old 3/20/07, 08:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
After delivering a fellow members new GT/CS Vert (Quarter Horse's car), and finally seeing the interior in person, I have to say, that even though I love the silver dash, in the GT/CS two-tone interior, the charcoal dash looked KILLER!!
Old 3/20/07, 10:46 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
After delivering a fellow members new GT/CS Vert (Quarter Horse's car), and finally seeing the interior in person, I have to say, that even though I love the silver dash, in the GT/CS two-tone interior, the charcoal dash looked KILLER!!
Gotta agree with you there. I tried to get the spec. I wanted with the charcoal - but just couldn't without special ordering (5 month wait in the UK!). So the carbon fibre was the best option for me.
Old 3/24/07, 06:24 AM
Cobra Member

I have had both and IMO the satin (silver) looked better in my black on black '05 AND Joshua tree makes a nice interior dress up kit that matches the satin trim pieces very well....if used sparingly it can really add a nice touch to the Mustang's rather sparten interior....but in my '07 GT/CS I went with the Charcoal and wish I could find the matching interior kit...that console top surface and window switch bezels need something IMO....anyone know of a company making the matching charcoal dash/interior pieces?
Old 3/24/07, 08:34 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Definitely aluminum
Attached Thumbnails Charcoal or Aluminum Instrument Panel Applique-dash3-10-13-06.jpg  
Old 3/24/07, 08:37 AM
Cobra Member

Silver...

Quick Reply: Charcoal or Aluminum Instrument Panel Applique