2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Brake duct Bezels for the GT/CS

Search this Thread

Old 8/27/10, 03:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Brake duct Bezels for the GT/CS

Since the S197 GT/CS and the Shelby GT share a front fascia/bumper cover, the Shelby-produced brake duct bezels fit both models. They were standard on Shelby GT-Hs.

If you look at the bezels offered by The Shelby Store, the photo is of the original, Shelby-designed ABS bezels with embossed "CS" logo and one-piece construction incorporating the air duct screen; the other opening fits PIAA driving lights.

Shelby Store Bezels

Some Shelby GT owners who have ordered the original bezels have received a later design actually built in-house at Shelby. They are of laid fiberglass construction with a separate screen for insertion into the air passage. They are said by those who received them to be of inferior quality and design. Some buyers have returned them for refund, saying they were not the items depicted and desired. Moss Muscle, who had also the originals, has had at least one set returned, and seem to have taken the item off their catalog.

One disappointed Team Shelby member has organized a thread asking people to put forward their names if they are interested in buying an original set of the Shelby "CS" brake duct bezels, hoping Shelby American will produce another run of the desirable items.

Brake-Duct-Bezels Signup

If you'd rather not sign up and post with Team Shelby, post here and I'll make sure you get counted as someone who is interested in buying a set of the original "CS" brake duct bezels.
Old 8/28/10, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everyone, I just saw this message, I am the team shelby member who is trying to get this list started. So far it is up to only 4 including myself. Please post on here, team shelby, or send me an email to christopher.d.larsen@gmail.com I think if we get about 20+ we should have a shot at getting a batch made assuming the company that supplied the parts still is in business, otherwise they would have to give the tooling to another company to outsource. Please leave your name or id and how many bezels you are interested in purchasing.

08sgt1289
Old 8/29/10, 05:35 AM

Interested in group buy for sure. Let us know Chris and thanks !
Old 8/29/10, 08:01 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

sign me uo for two more exter sets,with the way I drive ,things happen ," **it Happens " ,never know when I will have to redo the front bumper," hope not ,but is good to have all needed parts ,
Old 8/29/10, 08:09 AM
Cobra R Member

Talking

[quote=ricksGT/CS;5938839]sign me uo for two more exter sets,with the way I drive ,things happen ," **it Happens " ,never know when I will have to redo the front bumper," hope not ,but is good to have all needed parts ,[/quote here is a picture for this post,Brake duct Bezels for the GT/CS-478057-r1-07-18a.jpg
Old 8/29/10, 05:49 PM

We are now up to 9 requested sets on this site and team shelby combined. We are about half way there! Keep the requests coming so I can contact shelby!

Thanks!

08sgt1289
Old 8/29/10, 07:58 PM
GT Member

I'll take a set...glad I saw this post was just going to buy a set from Moss...let me know what happens. Send me PM on how to precede with purchase or if deposits are required.

Dave
Old 8/30/10, 07:21 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
depending on cost, put me down for a set.
Old 9/3/10, 06:58 PM

Any news ?
Old 9/3/10, 11:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Does that mean i get to send back the set I bought a couple of months ago. So i can get the real ones.

Old 9/3/10, 11:55 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I bought a set from Moss when they finally starting shipping them. Guess I got lucky to get the original 'good' kind.
Old 9/4/10, 02:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Seems the "original" part page has been removed from Shelby Store offerings. Replaced by the newer one:

New Shelby Store Duct page

To save a couple of steps, the "Shelby GT Brake Ducting" is not currently available, nor has it ever been, from what I have seen.
Old 9/4/10, 08:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by frank s
Seems the "original" part page has been removed from Shelby Store offerings. Replaced by the newer one:

New Shelby Store Duct page

To save a couple of steps, the "Shelby GT Brake Ducting" is not currently available, nor has it ever been, from what I have seen.
It looks like I have the originals cause the one I have does not look like the one on their new web page and mine has the cs lettering. Yes the new ones are fugly they look cheaply made, COME ON Shelby Performance this is no way to treat you customers.

Last edited by Javdog; 9/4/10 at 08:35 PM.
Old 9/8/10, 04:47 PM

Well after some further investigation and discussin directly with Shelby and one of there distributors both have confirmed that the originals are as stated above, no longer available. The questionable and less desireable replacement also are no longer available. Appearantly due to the ****ty in house mfg process and customer complaints Shelby has decided to discontinue these as well. So they will be removed from their site soon.

The good news though is that there is a replacement in the works. I was told that they (Shelby) are within a couple of weeks of completing the replacement design review and release of tooling. Specifics were not provided however they did comment that the new design may not have the same two hole design, so guess we will have to wait and see. Exact release timing was not provided.

So for those of you that have the originals you are fortunate, the rest of us must wait for the new and hopefully improved version !
Old 9/8/10, 04:56 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I want
Old 9/9/10, 03:53 PM

got an email from shelby looks like they are not going to reproduce the original sets they are working on new sets out of stainless steel

08sgt1289
Old 9/9/10, 06:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for your note; I have to guess the stainless steel is the full set they've been promising, complete with intake ducts, caliper ducts, and ducting hose. That'll put it out of my price range, I bet.
Old 9/9/10, 06:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Talking

Originally Posted by frank s
Thanks for your note; I have to guess the stainless steel is the full set they've been promising, complete with intake ducts, caliper ducts, and ducting hose. That'll put it out of my price range, I bet.
if your nice ,I'll put you on my Christmas list
Old 9/15/10, 11:52 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ricksGT/CS
if your nice ,I'll put you on my Christmas list

Me tooooooooo?
Old 9/16/10, 04:40 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed