2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Black/Dove...GT/CS

Search this Thread

Old 7/3/06, 06:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great looking car! Glad to hear you like it so much!
Old 7/9/06, 01:23 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MoonHawk
Here are some pictures of my CS. I purchased it two weeks ago, and love the dove interior. Of course it is a personal choice.

http://www.californiaspecial.com/for...?do=view&g=134

The GT/CS stripe does not show well on a black car, but if you look at the passenger side picture you can make it out. I am talking to a body guy about painting them on in silver. The gas cap type emblem on the trunk does say California Special, but my picture taking abilities are not that great. Will be trying for some better ones this week.
Looks great!! Have you seen Kevin's thread in this forum? He's looking at having some vinyl stripes made in different colors. I would highly recommend you NOT have them painted on. Depending on how long you keep this car, at some point originality is going to impact its value. At that time you or the future owner may be interested in putting it back to stock. If you pull the black stripes and put vinyl stripes on in a different color, it would be a very simple matter to reverse that and put NOS stripes back on in the future. If you paint them on, you may live to regret it.

The black stripes over black paint is a very interesting thing to do and rarely seen. There have been factory musclecars in which they have done this, I remember specifically an extremely rare black Cougar Eliminator that had factory black stripes. That is typically considered to be highly desirable in collector cars because it is so unusual. It is highly likely that Ford will discontinue this because most people buying new cars don't like it. Potentially your car could prove to be quite rare in the future for having this option from the factory. If you replace the stripes, I would suggest buying a spare set from Ford and keeping it in a safe place
Old 7/18/06, 07:11 PM

Hmmm....something I had not considered. A good point about ordering an additional set. And yes, I checked into the paint process, dould create larger problems down the road as the clear coat could separate and peel. So, we will be sticking with the stripe kit.

Thanks for the input!!
Old 7/21/06, 07:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Nice combination. Better pictures than the ones at 'forddirect.com.'