2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Black or Blue....Tan or Dove? Hmmmmm....

Search this Thread

Old 1/4/07, 07:06 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black or Blue....Tan or Dove? Hmmmmm....

I am just about ready to order my new stang. I was 99% sold on getting a Tungsten GT Convertible with polished 18's. Then, as I continued to research on this great site I started to become won over by the GT/CS. I really like the front fascia, rear bumper and side scoops. I also like the fact that it comes standard with the polished 18's, which I was going to order anyway.

I know I want either Vista Blue or Black as an exterior color. I think the flat black stripe on the black paint is super cool. It is sort of like a "ghost" stripe and reminds of the black billboard stripes on the black '71 Plymouth Cudas. I always thought that was a cool menacing look. On the other hand, I hear others saying black is very difficult to keep clean looking. I also like metallic paints and the Vista Blue is beautiful.

So, I have a few questions I was hoping you other GT/CS owners could answer for me to help my decision along....before I go out of my mind:

1. How much more difficult is it to keep a Black car looking clean. Would Vista Blue require less maintenance to keep it looking good?

2. I think I prefer the look of of the Parchment (tan)/Charcoal interior over the Dove. I'm sure this would look excellent in a black convertible, but I'm not sure how it would look in a Vista Blue vert. Photos of this combo would be much appreciated.

Thanks fellas.

Skip
Old 1/4/07, 08:06 PM
Cobra Member

[quote=QuarterHorse;812922]I am just about ready to order my new stang. I was 99% sold on getting a Tungsten GT Convertible with polished 18's. Then, as I continued to research on this great site I started to become won over by the GT/CS. I really like the front fascia, rear bumper and side scoops. I also like the fact that it comes standard with the polished 18's, which I was going to order anyway.

I know I want either Vista Blue or Black as an exterior color. I think the flat black stripe on the black paint is super cool. It is sort of like a "ghost" stripe and reminds of the black billboard stripes on the black '71 Plymouth Cudas. I always thought that was a cool menacing look. On the other hand, I hear others saying black is very difficult to keep clean looking. I also like metallic paints and the Vista Blue is beautiful.

So, I have a few questions I was hoping you other GT/CS owners could answer for me to help my decision along....before I go out of my mind:

1. How much more difficult is it to keep a Black car looking clean. Would Vista Blue require less maintenance to keep it looking good? Much less work to keep the Vista Blue looking good - my '05 GT was black and it was just too much work to keep clean (IMO). My GT/CS is VB and it stay cleaner looking much longer

2. I think I prefer the look of of the Parchment (tan)/Charcoal interior over the Dove. I'm sure this would look excellent in a black convertible, but I'm not sure how it would look in a Vista Blue vert. Photos of this combo would be much appreciated. I too was torn between the black with parchament and blue with dove - eventually went with the blue with dove and like it - goes very well with the black cloth top of my vert. Search for a thread by "papas mach I" he posted some great pics of the Vista Blue vert with dove interior and black cloth top....by the way (IMO) the cloth top is worth every penny - "classes" up the Mustang vert and is a nice contrast with the Vista Blue!

In the end, it's really your decision and you can't go wrong either way - both colors look great on the GT/CS....
Old 1/4/07, 08:51 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Having owned 3 black cars and currently owning a Moonlight Blue 96GT (it looks just like Vista Blue), I'd have to say that Vista Blue would be much easier. The metallic flakes help to hide imperfections in the paint better than a solid color.
JMO.

Also, if you haven't already ordered, you may want to wait ~3 more months and order an 08. Rumor has it that the 08 GT/CS might have more color options (stripes and exterior colors). Who knows, maybe Tungsten will be an 08 GT/CS color
Old 1/4/07, 09:13 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the responses guys. AFBlue.....got a link to these rumors?
Old 1/4/07, 09:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A Vista blue GT/CS with a parchment interior?????
Attached Thumbnails Black or Blue....Tan or Dove? Hmmmmm....-07-mustang-mods-i-008.jpg   Black or Blue....Tan or Dove? Hmmmmm....-07-mustang-mods-i-030.jpg  
Old 1/4/07, 10:05 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Originally Posted by QuarterHorse
Thanks for the responses guys. AFBlue.....got a link to these rumors?
Look at posts 26 and 28.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...ipe#post782176
and
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...4&postcount=38

Nothing solid at this point, but may be worth waiting a couple more months for something official before you order.

Order banks for 2008 models opens on 16 April. Expect the order guide to be out 2-3 days prior.
Old 1/4/07, 10:43 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
Look at posts 26 and 28.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...ipe#post782176
and
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...4&postcount=38

Nothing solid at this point, but may be worth waiting a couple more months for something official before you order.

Order banks for 2008 models opens on 16 April. Expect the order guide to be out 2-3 days prior.
Interesting. However, if I wait, I then run the risk on missing out on the current incentives: $1,000 rebate or special financing.
Old 1/5/07, 06:09 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

True, but odds are the summer incentives on 07s (need to clear them out for the 08s) will be greater than currently offered. Look at the end of year sales event which just ended. It was greater than currently offered (also got $500 X-plan cash back).
Old 1/5/07, 06:31 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,876 Posts
I would Go Vista Blue! And on the Interior if you go for Parchment I feel the Satin IUP Looks Best, on the Dove the DarK Charcoal IUP Looks Best! BTMO! I have not Seen a Parchment Top in Person other than on a Redfire Car which Looks Spectacular BTW so I can not Comment on that. I love the Parchment Interior on My Redfire BTW! NO MORE BLACK CARS FOR ME! No Time to wash! BUSY BUSY BUSY!

kc
Old 1/5/07, 09:35 AM
Bullitt Member

I have had black cars and now I have the Vista Blue and it is a LOT easier to keep clean. VB is a great looking color as well. The black looks the best when it is clean, but a lot of work needs to be done. Tough choice, I guess it would depend on whether or not you have the time to keep it clean.
Old 1/5/07, 09:40 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
I would Go Vista Blue! And on the Interior if you go for Parchment I feel the Satin IUP Looks Best, on the Dove the DarK Charcoal IUP Looks Best! BTMO! I have not Seen a Parchment Top in Person other than on a Redfire Car which Looks Spectacular BTW so I can not Comment on that. I love the Parchment Interior on My Redfire BTW! NO MORE BLACK CARS FOR ME! No Time to wash! BUSY BUSY BUSY!

kc

+1 on that KC - just too hard to keep looking nice! I would have considered the Parchament top - if it were available in cloth as the cloth top really does look nice (go down to a dealer and compare the cloth vs vinyl) but I think the parchament top would be much harder to keep looking clean especially where it folds and rubs when opening/closing. And last but not least, (IMO), I just like the balance of the black vert top with all the other black exterior trim pieces of the GT/CS....flows nicely.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=51919 Follow this link to the Vista Blue with Dove and Black cloth top w/charcoal dash panel
Old 1/5/07, 04:30 PM
Cobra R Member

here are some interior shots IUP and Parchment interior.
As for the parchment top keeping clean, I have no problems. I have a lot of oak trees here and the acorns and leaves leave black stains on everything if you don't keep after them. I use 303 on it and I think it is wonderful stuff, I use it on my boat too. Nothing more fun than to go around the vert top and pick out acorns . I wonder where they go when I forget to take them out and how many will fit there untill its full.
Attached Thumbnails Black or Blue....Tan or Dove? Hmmmmm....-mustang-ii-045.jpg   Black or Blue....Tan or Dove? Hmmmmm....-mustang-ii-046.jpg  
Old 1/5/07, 04:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go BLACK
Old 1/5/07, 04:43 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the replies fellas. As far is the top is concerned, I'm definitely going with black....this I know. I think the cloth top looks better than the vinyl, but I plan to go with vinyl because this will be a fair weather car and the top won't be up much when it is in use. I also remember reading somewhere that the cloth requires more upkeep and shows a lot of lint.

I have copied and printed about 20 photos of different cars to help me. I wish I could line them up in person to see them in the flesh. I'm sure this would make the decision easier, but there just isn't many GT/CS's around here. I think I am leaning more to the Vista Blue because I prefer metallic paints, but it was this beautiful photo by Comox that really got me interested in black:

Comos, I hope you don't mind me re-posting this photo, but that interior and color combo looks absolutely beautiful. I think one of the reasons I like the parchment interior so much is because of your excellent photo. The lighting is great and the colors are not washed out. It shows how dark the charcoal portions of the interior really are. I haven't really found any photos of the dove interior that are as well done as yours. I may like the dove just as much if I had. Anyway....I'm just not sure I would like parchment with Vista Blue.
Old 1/5/07, 05:30 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Blue/Black
Old 1/5/07, 05:44 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Dougxox
here are some interior shots IUP and Parchment interior.
As for the parchment top keeping clean, I have no problems. I have a lot of oak trees here and the acorns and leaves leave black stains on everything if you don't keep after them. I use 303 on it and I think it is wonderful stuff, I use it on my boat too. Nothing more fun than to go around the vert top and pick out acorns . I wonder where they go when I forget to take them out and how many will fit there untill its full.
Those are also some great shots of the parchment interior. Again, accurate coloring and the photos aren't all washed out. Beautiful interior. Got any shots with the top down showing the interior and at least a portion of the VB body?
Old 1/5/07, 05:48 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
True, but odds are the summer incentives on 07s (need to clear them out for the 08s) will be greater than currently offered. Look at the end of year sales event which just ended. It was greater than currently offered (also got $500 X-plan cash back).
This may be true, but I am ordering the car and it might be difficult to time it just right.....besides, I would be losing some valuable top down time
Old 1/5/07, 06:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Those are also some great shots of the parchment interior. Again, accurate coloring and the photos aren't all washed out. Beautiful interior. Got any shots with the top down showing the interior and at least a portion of the VB body?
Depending on the weather tomorrow, I will get them
Old 1/5/07, 08:31 PM

choices

Obviously, you can't really go wrong with whatever choice you make, when it comes in you will go ape-sh...

I've got the vista blue with parchment and couldn't be happier. The blue appears to change color with the lighting. At dusk, it almost appears purple. And having a black car also, I can attest to the extra care they need. Good luck with your choice.
Old 1/6/07, 03:02 PM
Cobra R Member

It is a nice and sunny day , a great day for a vert
Attached Thumbnails Black or Blue....Tan or Dove? Hmmmmm....-mustang-ii-048.jpg   Black or Blue....Tan or Dove? Hmmmmm....-mustang-ii-050.jpg   Black or Blue....Tan or Dove? Hmmmmm....-mustang-ii-051.jpg  

Quick Reply: Black or Blue....Tan or Dove? Hmmmmm....