2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Anyone have problems scraping with the Cali-special front bumper?

Old 2/19/07, 05:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have problems scraping with the Cali-special front bumper?

hello everyone,

i have the fang chin spoiler and lowering springs. i am sick of my car scraping on steep driveways and although i like the aggressive look of the chin spoiler, i think the lower lip of the cali special bumper is a good compromise.

do you think it's even worth changing out? the fang looks real nice and aggressive. i'm almost at the point of putting in airbags just for the front to get around driveways.

any scraping issues with the cs bumper?

thanks
mike
Old 2/19/07, 05:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Which springs do you currently have??
Old 2/19/07, 07:35 PM
Bullitt Member

I don't think the GT/CS front end will be any better. My brother and brother-in-law both had the opportunity to rent Shelby GT-H's which are lowered 1.5" and have the GT/CS front end. They both had problems scraping the front end. This is a picture of the one my brother-in-law rented. It had been scraped many times like this on both sides.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have problems scraping with the Cali-special front bumper?-thanksgiving-031a.jpg  
Old 2/19/07, 08:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
No I try to wear Bubbles glass's from trailer park boys so I don't scrape,
Sorry not yet and regretting that day as it has to come well maybe.
Old 2/19/07, 09:43 PM
Bullitt Member

i have the vogtland springs which lower the car approx. 1.5 inches. i think the problem with the fang is that it juts out like a beak.

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Which springs do you currently have??
Old 2/19/07, 09:44 PM
Bullitt Member

OOUUCCCHHHHH

that hurts to look at. oh man i think it's inevitable although i'm sure it'll scrap less than the fang.

Originally Posted by Tispco
I don't think the GT/CS front end will be any better. My brother and brother-in-law both had the opportunity to rent Shelby GT-H's which are lowered 1.5" and have the GT/CS front end. They both had problems scraping the front end. This is a picture of the one my brother-in-law rented. It had been scraped many times like this on both sides.
Old 2/19/07, 09:46 PM
Bullitt Member

man i think for the future i might just put airbags just for the front of the car to eliminate any chance of scrape
Old 2/19/07, 11:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Ghettobooty
i have the vogtland springs which lower the car approx. 1.5 inches. i think the problem with the fang is that it juts out like a beak.
I'd recommend switching to Steeda Ultralites since they only drop the front 1 inch and 1 1/4 inch in the rear.
Old 2/20/07, 07:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

They repaved the parking lot at my local Safeway. I pulled in yesterday and found out the hard way they raised the cement stops, damage was not to bad (Can't see it unless you get on your knees and look) and my GT/CS is stock.
Old 2/20/07, 05:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'd find a new route if you want to shop there ? Save The Car
Old 2/20/07, 06:03 PM
Bullitt Member

jeez, ok that's it, i'm going to save for airbags up front.
Originally Posted by FRITZ
They repaved the parking lot at my local Safeway. I pulled in yesterday and found out the hard way they raised the cement stops, damage was not to bad (Can't see it unless you get on your knees and look) and my GT/CS is stock.
Old 2/20/07, 11:26 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Ghettobooty
hello everyone,

i have the fang chin spoiler and lowering springs. i am sick of my car scraping on steep driveways and although i like the aggressive look of the chin spoiler, i think the lower lip of the cali special bumper is a good compromise.

do you think it's even worth changing out? the fang looks real nice and aggressive. i'm almost at the point of putting in airbags just for the front to get around driveways.

any scraping issues with the cs bumper?

thanks
mike
You might consider putting a backup camera on the front. I have mentioned it before and though I haven't set mine up yet I hope to do it next week and will post the results. It is a wireless setup though that is bit of a misnomer as there is some wiring. IF interested look through my threads and read all the info. The camera is incredibly small and can be installed on the licence plate.
Old 2/21/07, 08:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

What Spence said if it would stop raining ! Grrrrrrrr ohhh I'd settle just to be allowed to put the top down !
Old 2/21/07, 10:00 AM
GT Member

Stock GT/CS front air dam is low enough that I have to watch it in several parking situations. I will not be dropping mine any further.
Old 2/23/07, 06:51 AM

Does it make sense to use Steeda Ultralites in the rear only on the GT/CS for an aggressive look but without the problems of hitting curbs and driveways?
Old 2/23/07, 09:54 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll be putting the Ultralites on my car in a couple weeks, I'll let you know if I start experiencing problems with the chin scraping.
Old 2/23/07, 10:59 AM
GT Member

Has anybody with a GT/CS done just lowering in the back??? Pics??
Old 2/23/07, 10:02 PM
GT Member

+1 . . . .
Old 2/26/07, 07:33 PM
GT Member

My car is lowered (I have coil overs) and I have not scraped it any more. At stock height I scraped it a few times, but now I know where it canand can not go when it comes to scraping. My car is pretty low, I can drop it more but I rather not deal with scraping it all the time. You can not see my scrapes when looking at the car unless you have your face to the ground
Old 3/5/07, 11:37 AM
Cobra Member

I have scraping issues unfortunately. Once my dad was parking in a parking lot and he did not notice that the curb was high up. He hears a thud and then gets out to look at the front of the car.There was alittle paint scraped off at the bottom of the front bumper. He got touch up paint and it looked like brand new again. A couple of days ago he was going down a road and there was a big piece of brush right in front of him. He did not have time to react.Then he hears a loud thud at the front of the car. Luckily he was driving fast enough so that it did not get caught under the car. There was some scraping damage at the bottom of the bumper in the same spot that it happened last time. Luckily there was no suspension damage.I was in the car both of these times.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone have problems scraping with the Cali-special front bumper?