2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

All I can say is WOW!!

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/06, 10:50 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All I can say is WOW!!

I picked up my 2007 GT/CS, 5 sp mtx, convertible this weekend!! What a great experience it was, going to my friends dealership and there it was sitting on the showroom floor....it nanners time !! I was so busy checking out Kevin's ride - I didn't get the chance to take pics of it on the floor - but I'll get some soon and post. Kevin was nice enough to get pics of it being offloaded from the truck and I'll check those out and post them as well.

So many feelings observations/comparisons with this new Stang...first the dealership - I finally got to meet Kevin in person and check out his Redfire '07 GT/CS. He has a great look with the CDC fog light relocation kit, the GT 500 style rear spoiler, and it sounds great with the coffin mufflers - very agressive with not too much of the drone. KC was kind enough to take me around the local "demo" course in his ride so I could hear the coffins up close and personal. Great guy and great dealership Unfortunately, my good friend was off hunting so I missed him - but as I was signing all the paperwork, the owner Truman Clevenger came in and introduced himself - very nice gentlemen and while I didn't realize it at the time I was shaking hands with a former New York Yankees pitcher I later noticed a banner with his career stats in the showroom. Suffice it to say I couldn't have had a better time picking up my new ride.....now on to the new GT/CS.

From the first time I saw it on the showroom floor I knew I was going to like this car!! Pictures of the Vista Blue color - don't do it justice - it's awesome up close and looks great the way it subtly changes in direct sunlight vs shade. The cloth top is real class on these cars and under 60 mph it was just about as quiet as my '05 GT coupe (from a wind noise perspective). I'm getting used to the convertible "headshake" that comes with having a convertible - not too bad and it helped to reduce the tire pressure to 30lbs - doesn't ride quite so harsh. Overall the ride is smoother - less precise mainly due to the tires - these 235/50 18's are pretty tall and I'll probably change them out over time with a lower profile tire. These rims are the first set from Ford that I will be keeping!! I like the look and the way they bevel inward and have depth to them - very nice job Ford and it's nice to know that I'm not going to have to spend $2K - $3K on new wheels/tires. The valve stems are way too long - don't know why Ford didn't use the shorter versions. Going to have to paint the calipers as that BRIGHT silver draws way too much attention to stock calipers. The engine/exhaust note seem quieter than the stock setup on my '05 and it feels about equal on power - but with only 200 miles it's not even broken in yet. Seems to take longer to rev up than my '05 and I'm betting that's because of the ud pullies I had on the '05. The GT/CS interior is a nice contrast in colors and I'm trying to decide what changes I want to do inside....on my '05 black interior, I had the brushed satin panels installed over the center stack surround, the window switch plates and console top - masking much of the cheap looking plastic....with the '07 and the charcoal dash - I'm not sure what Im going to do with the interior as of yet. KC has the alum shifter bevel and I'm going to order that 1st thing Monday. It feels as if I'm sitting lower in the convertible than the '05 coupe - and the power passenger seat is a nice touch. However, Ford deleted the seat belt stay (the one that snaps and holds the belt to the seat) on the passenger seat - which makes it more difficult to reach back and find the seatbelt and allows the buckle to hang against the rear quarter panel and make noise. I may see if I can get the parts and add it myself. Still no footwell lights - so I'll be adding those as well. The '07 Shaker 500 HU seems to work better than my '05 and I haven't found any "bugs" in it's operation as of yet. The sound is better - I think because with the covertible the speakers are relocated to the rear quarter panels and not the package shelf. The '05's rear speakers were limited range and not very noticable - however, the '07's rear speakers sound are much fuller and deeper. I'll probably change them out with upgraded speakers soon anyway.

Since getting home Friday, I've added the shorty antenna, Red Line Racing hood struts (can't believe Ford is still using that prop rod - must have had excess inventory from the Pinto days ), Sylvania SilverStar headlights and Foglights, leather console lid, preimum trim pedal covers, MAG mirror inserts, washed and detailed the car and am going to pick up a new clay bar today - can really feel the contaminates in the clear coat from the cross country rail trip, need to order wheel locks - my '05's don't fit the '07. I'll also be changing out the stock mirror for my compass with HomeLink today. Future mods....I'm thinking the taillight panel would look good - kind of cut up all that blue in the rear of the car and blend nicely with the other exterior black accents and still on the edge about a Roushcharger.....now it's time to go for a drive
Old 10/1/06, 11:00 AM
Bullitt Member

That's great to hear! My wifre should be picking mine up this week hopefully. 2 more weeks and I'll be home to drive it. She promised she'd put it in the garage with a bow on top of it for me.
Old 10/1/06, 11:21 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by fxdwg2002
That's great to hear! My wifre should be picking mine up this week hopefully. 2 more weeks and I'll be home to drive it. She promised she'd put it in the garage with a bow on top of it for me.
Nice....she's a keeper for sure Enjoy your new ride
Old 10/1/06, 12:57 PM
GT Member

Congrats, Hotlap, on picking up your new GT/CS. No question it's a thrill when you first see it, and a fun car that never stops being fun. Enjoy.

Old 10/1/06, 03:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Drive the car for awhile ...............forget about the Mods for month They exhaust on the 07s gets louder after a 1000 miles I will start my mods next month.......just enjoying the car for now

Oh forgot Congrats its about time!
Old 10/1/06, 04:49 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks Tuco and Rapture - I "tested" the convertible roof today for leaks and none noted.....got caught in a rare downpour here in SoCal
Old 10/1/06, 06:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Check the miliage, bet she'll be out driving it

By the way there is a permanent smile on peoples faces when they drive one
Old 10/1/06, 06:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hotlap, congrads on the GT/CS

and the Vista Blue rocks

lets see some pics
Old 10/1/06, 06:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Hotlap,

Congrats on the new '07!!!!
Old 10/1/06, 08:47 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,539 Likes on 1,874 Posts
It was Nice Meeting you also. I was expecting you on Saturday which would have givin me more time to visit and my car would have been a whole lot cleaner! Hopefully on your Next visit the Roushcharger will be Installed on my GT/CS and I can give an even More Impressive Demo ride!

FYI, His 05 Stang Trade in had only 8k on it. My 05 had 6k I think we are both a Little Crazy!

Enjoy!

And Thanks!

P.S.

Lets get that Avatar Updated!

KC
Old 10/1/06, 08:54 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
It was Nice Meeting you also. I was expecting you on Saturday which would have givin me more time to visit and my car would have been a whole lot cleaner! Hopefully on your Next visit the Roushcharger will be Installed on my GT/CS and I can give an even More Impressive Demo ride!

FYI, His 05 Stang Trade in had only 8k on it. My 05 had 6k I think we are both a Little Crazy!

Enjoy!

And Thanks!

P.S.

Lets get that Avatar Updated!

KC

Kevin - just say the word when you have the Roushcharger installed and I'll be there!! Can you go ahead and order the bright alum shifter bezel/boot for me (same as yours)? Really dresses up the console top and thanks again for the time checking out your ride - I had a great time!! Will Bill be back tomorrow? I need to call and thank him for ordering the '07 and getting it so quickly....just over 6 weeks - not too shabby
Old 10/2/06, 08:59 AM
GTR Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Congrats on getting your GT/CS!
Old 10/3/06, 01:18 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks eveyone - really enjoying the new vert - sweet cruising with the top down and hearing that awesome V8....nice "backburbble" from the exhaust between shifts
Old 10/3/06, 01:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Great to hear dude! That was a long wait huh?
I know the feeling.

Best part are the turning heads on the road.
Old 10/3/06, 01:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Get home safe friend.

Nice avatar too. 'Tallica fan?
Old 10/4/06, 09:54 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by BLCKNED
Great to hear dude! That was a long wait huh?
I know the feeling.

Best part are the turning heads on the road.
Boy that's for sure...my '05 black coupe did the same - but this GT/CS really get's the looks.....especially car buffs who realize it's a new package when they see the side stripe
Old 10/4/06, 11:22 AM
GT Member

Nice to be noticed, in a positive way.
Old 10/4/06, 04:08 PM
GT Member

Sorry, but I have to do it. lets see em!!!
Old 10/4/06, 11:41 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by NYtoDCStang
Sorry, but I have to do it. lets see em!!!

I was waiting on that I have a new digi camera and for the life of me I can't get the software to work on my computer without crashing....I promise to spend some time this weekend figuring it out
Old 10/5/06, 02:48 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,539 Likes on 1,874 Posts

Quick Reply: All I can say is WOW!!