2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

300 Miles on the Gt/CS yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 11/9/06, 04:41 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300 Miles on the Gt/CS yesterday

Took a trip yesteday in the '07 GT/CS vert. I haven't had the opportunity to put many miles on it yet (just hit the 1K mark) and yesterday's drive reinforced how much more refined this '07 seems than my '05 coupe. No offense meant - but it seems much quieter from a road noise perspective, and the convertible top is the quietest vert I've ever owned...anyone else notice this - or could I just be rationalizing my need to trade up to the '07
Old 11/9/06, 07:36 PM
V6 Member

I found my car quiet as well. I believe it is the cloth top as I had a Mercedes with a cloth top before this and it was the same. Strange but I reached the 1K mark yesterday as well though I think I got my Mustang well after you. I've never had a vehicle that I enjoy as much including my '69 383 Cuda fasback when I was a young adult and that's saying something.

All smiles all the time with GT/CS
Old 11/9/06, 09:08 PM
GT Member

Geez, Comox, you at 1000 kms (or miles?) already??

I have only about 1700kms on mine and I got it Aug 11....I need to drive more...
Old 11/9/06, 09:29 PM
Cobra Member

Hey Tuco and Comox - two fellow GT/CS vert owners ...do you find that when you lower the top it needs to be hand pushed down a bit to settle as low as possible when in the full down position? I'd actually like to get mine to settle a bit lower when down - but it only goes to the top of the rear seat headrest level and doesn't appear to be adjustable any lower. Also, isn't the "global down" for all the windows pretty cool when you try and lower the top with the windows up.....was wondering if I could get that "global down" feature to work with the fob unlock function - that would be pretty cool!

Enjoy your rides
Old 11/9/06, 09:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by HOTLAP
Hey Tuco and Comox - two fellow GT/CS vert owners ...do you find that when you lower the top it needs to be hand pushed down a bit to settle as low as possible when in the full down position? I'd actually like to get mine to settle a bit lower when down - but it only goes to the top of the rear seat headrest level and doesn't appear to be adjustable any lower. Also, isn't the "global down" for all the windows pretty cool when you try and lower the top with the windows up.....was wondering if I could get that "global down" feature to work with the fob unlock function - that would be pretty cool!

Enjoy your rides
Mine does the same thing, but I think the top not lowering all the way helps with reducing the back draft. I noticed it is not as bad in my vert as it is in some others I have been in.
The window feature, I don't think is "global down" as much as it is " auto down". It only works when you drop the top. The global down feature was discontinued in early 06 due to some problems, what problems I'm not sure. Wish they still had it.
Old 11/9/06, 11:13 PM
GT Member

HOTLAP - the top on mine goes to what sounds like about the same place as yours and Dougxox's does. I find it fine and don't push on it with my hand to try to drop it lower. And, yep, the auto down on all the windows when dropping the top is a cool feature (however I must admit that I generally drop the windows myself, first the fronts, then the small rears - just my **** approach to it I think ).
Old 11/9/06, 11:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm just too anxious to drop the top , I forget about the windows, glad the car does it for me.
Old 11/9/06, 11:45 PM
V6 Member

Yup I have 1000 Kilometers. I went to Victoria last weekend and that is 440 Kms. round trip plus visiting clicks. It adds up fast with trip. My top down is the same as everyone elses but I don't think it is a good idea to force it further. It could cause damage or premature wear on the joints. I do think Ford was a bit cheap in not having 2 buttons for the rear windows. I sometimes like having a rear window open for a touch of fresh air -- without the cross draft. That being said it is **** fine that I don't have to reach back and wind them manually.
Old 11/10/06, 12:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Global down with fob can be enabled by a tech with a pc BUT you don't want that on ! why well as I recall when it first came out people had locked thier cars up , and when they came out they found windows down ? interferance or maybe just bumping the fob in the pocket , not sure , but I had the chance to have it done but declined just for SAFETY.
Old 11/10/06, 10:58 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Global down with fob can be enabled by a tech with a pc BUT you don't want that on ! why well as I recall when it first came out people had locked thier cars up , and when they came out they found windows down ? interferance or maybe just bumping the fob in the pocket , not sure , but I had the chance to have it done but declined just for SAFETY.
My '01 Lincoln LS had the global down feature via the key FOB (and the driver's door key as well) but you had to hold the FOB unlock button for at least 10 seconds so you really couldn't accidently open the windows...the sunroof was linked to the global feature as well and it was a blessing on a hot day to be able to vent the cabin while approaching the car........