The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/)
-   -   2007 GT/CS Photos! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/2007-gt-cs-photos-428701/)

65gtfastback 2/13/06 02:02 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tony Alonso @ February 12, 2006, 1:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I think 300hp and 320 ft-lb of torque from 4.6L on 87 octane gas is pretty impressive.
[/b][/quote]
I agree, think that they're goal was to build a 300hp car that they could sell for $25K, and be able to turn a profit. Assuming that they're making a decent margin, they've definately hit a home run ! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
The irony is that while doing so, they transcended what Mustang GT's had become, (gimmicky boy racer niche market car) and created the spiritual successor to the original 1965 GT fastback!
What I mean by that, is that the '65 was a reasonably priced GT, that offered clean and handsome styling, good performance and handling, (for it's time) and appealed to buyers of all ages. It wasn't gaudy or gimmicky, anyone could feel comfortable driving it in any country in the world, without making any excuses for it. To me the same can be said of the new car, for the first time in a long time! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
In '65 you could get the deluxe interior option, or as it's commonly known "The pony interior". Why don't they offer the same idea for us middle aged farts who are used to decent interiors? Keep the same tasteful exterior, but let us pay a bit more for an interior that better suits the potential of this car? Ever sit in even a new Accord? Even a base model Chevy minivan that I rented had nice stitched trim on the door panels? Aren't you even a little embarrassed Ford? (Ya I know, they're laughing all the way to the bank... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img])
I'll finish by saying (I promise! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] ) that with every Honda/Acura that I've ever had, I would continue to discover interesting features and attributes the more I drove the car. With the Mustang, I did find one, the power socket in the console. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] A problem though, when I went to get the cord for my phone, it was so dark in the bloody glove compartment that I couldn’t find it!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Paul

Vermillion98 2/13/06 03:23 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GTJOHN @ February 13, 2006, 12:52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Considering the Mustang is the only Ford car both the general public and Automotive Magazines love, you would think Ford would do a better job of catering to their potential buyers. All Ford is doing is exquisite feeling release of liquid waste product off potential buyers like myself, buy not releasing an SE with 350-400hp to compete against cars like the GTO. Or at least having an option to drop a 350-400hp engine in the Mustang GT.

GM & DC shouldn't be Ford's motivation for making improvements or releasing Special Mustangs. Their motivation should be guys like me screaming every week on the Net. Guys like me who are ready to spend $29k-34k.
I am not in the market to spend $40k on a Shelby, and if I am forced to wait and save for a Shelby, I am going to be pissed. Not that I bought a Shelby, but because I didn't have an option of a car staged between $25k-$40k.

GM & DC have already done their development. Dropping a 340-425hp motor in their cars is to be expected. Its time for Ford to get their crap together!
[/b][/quote]

While horsepower is good, and is one of the factors that can increase sales, horsepower alone isn't going to sell more cars. Look at the Camaro. It had more horsepower than the SN95s but where were the sales? Did more horsepower save the Camaro from exinction? Style is probably much more appealing to the non-enthusiast (i.e. the general public, not us gearheads). So Ford is keeping interest up by trying to keep the styling interesting with packages like the GT/CS.

But they haven't forgot the horspower crowd either, with the GT500, & there are reports of a Mach 1 in development. This stuff just takes time. How long was the SN95 out before there was a special edition, like the Cobra, Bullitt or Mach1?

If people don't want to wait for the GT500, they can always go aftermarket and upgrade a GT with go-fast parts. You could get similar performance or better performance than GT500 with aftermarket parts on Mustang GT.

V10 2/13/06 04:35 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GTJOHN @ February 13, 2006, 2:51 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Both GM & DC have proved you can build a 340-400hp in the $29k-35k price range - GTO, Charger & 300C. The Camero & Challenger shouldn't be any different. Add an extra $5k for a 425hp SRT Challenger.
[/b][/quote]

You're a bit off base John, the 425 HP Challenger will be $40K and you cannot buy one today. You have at least a 2 year wait.

Same with the Camaro. Assuming it will sticker for $35K with the 400 HP LS2, you can't buy one today. You have a 3 year wait.

I'm sure the 2009 Mustang will be very competitive with the 2009 Challenger and 2009 Camaro.

The 2006 GTO may have 400HP and sticker for only $33K, but somehow GM can't sell them. So tell us, why is GM struggling to sell 15,000 GTOs / year but Ford can sell 150,000 Mustangs / year?

incomingRPG 2/13/06 06:03 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(65gtfastback @ February 13, 2006, 4:05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I agree, think that they're goal was to build a 300hp car that they could sell for $25K, and be able to turn a profit. Assuming that they're making a decent margin, they've definately hit a home run ! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
The irony is that while doing so, they transcended what Mustang GT's had become, (gimmicky boy racer niche market car) and created the spiritual successor to the original 1965 GT fastback!
What I mean by that, is that the '65 was a reasonably priced GT, that offered clean and handsome styling, good performance and handling, (for it's time) and appealed to buyers of all ages. It wasn't gaudy or gimmicky, anyone could feel comfortable driving it in any country in the world, without making any excuses for it. To me the same can be said of the new car, for the first time in a long time! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
In '65 you could get the deluxe interior option, or as it's commonly known "The pony interior". Why don't they offer the same idea for us middle aged farts who are used to decent interiors? Keep the same tasteful exterior, but let us pay a bit more for an interior that better suits the potential of this car? Ever sit in even a new Accord? Even a base model Chevy minivan that I rented had nice stitched trim on the door panels? Aren't you even a little embarrassed Ford? (Ya I know, they're laughing all the way to the bank... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img])
I'll finish by saying (I promise! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] ) that with every Honda/Acura that I've ever had, I would continue to discover interesting features and attributes the more I drove the car. With the Mustang, I did find one, the power socket in the console. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] A problem though, when I went to get the cord for my phone, it was so dark in the bloody glove compartment that I couldn’t find it!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Paul
[/b][/quote]Oh my god, I am not alone, I'd swear that I wrote this, I've said it before, I'll say it again, Ford should be embarassed to use some of those materials in any car.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V10 @ February 13, 2006, 6:38 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You're a bit off base John, the 425 HP Challenger will be $40K and you cannot buy one today. You have at least a 2 year wait.

Same with the Camaro. Assuming it will sticker for $35K with the 400 HP LS2, you can't buy one today. You have a 3 year wait.

I'm sure the 2009 Mustang will be very competitive with the 2009 Challenger and 2009 Camaro.

The 2006 GTO may have 400HP and sticker for only $33K, but somehow GM can't sell them. So tell us, why is GM struggling to sell 15,000 GTOs / year but Ford can sell 150,000 Mustangs / year?
[/b][/quote]Is it me or does anyone else think that 35 and 40K, is just way too much money for these cars? Seriously, that is a big chunk of change.

GTJOHN 2/13/06 07:52 PM

The GTO is struggling because it looks like a Grand Am, not because of its performance. The Mustang is an American Icon, and it will always sell well. I'm just tired of Ford acting like they are doing us die hard Ford/Mustang buyers a favor when they happen to increase the Horse Power, when actually, they are lagging 5 years behind the competition.
Like I said before, if GM can sell a 400hp GTO for $34k and D.C can sell a 340hp 300C for $35k, you better believe they can sell a 400hp Camero for the same price or even less. I may of been a few thousand dollars off on the SRT Challenger, but the V8 Challenger ( at least 340hp ) and a 400hp Camero aren't going to be that much more than a Mustang GT.

Tony Alonso 2/13/06 07:56 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(incomingRPG @ February 13, 2006, 8:06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Is it me or does anyone else think that 35 and 40K, is just way too much money for these cars? Seriously, that is a big chunk of change.
[/b][/quote]

Yes, I think it is too much money for these cars. I honestly think the Mustang GT, when you load it up, is also too much money - $31,000 for a convertible GT!

At $40,000, I think we are bumping on another performance car market segment.

GTJOHN 2/13/06 09:19 PM

You guys are right! The cost of these cars are ridiculous! My fully loaded 2001 Mustang GT was under $25k. Now Mustang GT's are between $25k -$31k.
I want an SE, but I am not happy about paying $33k for a toy. I'll pay it, because I want a special car, and its a lot cheaper than a Shelby.
I wanted a Shelby really bad, but then the $40k price tag started to scare me.

FYI - I have nothing against the Mustang GT. I love it. But, I plan on keeping my next Mustang a really long time, and I want something special. Thats why I am crying so much. $40k for a Shelby is too much, considering I live in Ohio and I would only be able to drive the thing 4 months out of the year.

Tony Alonso 2/13/06 09:26 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GTJOHN @ February 13, 2006, 11:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
FYI - I have nothing against the Mustang GT. I love it. But, I plan on keeping my next Mustang a really long time, and I want something special. Thats why I am crying so much. $40k for a Shelby is too much, considering I live in Ohio and I would only be able to drive the thing 4 months out of the year.
[/b][/quote]

Where in Ohio? It probably would be more like 5 months [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

pvillepiper 2/14/06 06:33 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GTJOHN @ February 13, 2006, 10:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You guys are right! The cost of these cars are ridiculous! My fully loaded 2001 Mustang GT was under $25k. Now Mustang GT's are between $25k -$31k.
I want an SE, but I am not happy about paying $33k for a toy. I'll pay it, because I want a special car, and its a lot cheaper than a Shelby.
I wanted a Shelby really bad, but then the $40k price tag started to scare me.

[/b][/quote]
I bought my 97 mustang new off the lot and I tend to keep my cars for 8 to 10 years so like you I want to get a special car that I will love driving. And also I too am wary of the big price tag of the Shelby. Of course my biggest problem is I have been bitten by the customizing bug and believe me, THIS WEBSTITE AIN'T HELPING!!! I had the bug 2 years ago when I started to work on my 97. Then all the stuff started to come out about the 05 and soon I wanted to buy one and start customizing it but I did not have the money. Now my wife says I can buy a Shelby if I want but at that price I won’t have very much left over for customization. The same might be true of a SE but I do have enough money to customize a new 06. Hence my dilemma: do I get an 06 and customize, get a Shelby and enjoy it as is or wait and see what the SE might look like… Tough choice. On one hand I still enjoy driving my 97, so an 06 would be cool years from now. BUT I don’t know how many times I wished that I had ponied up the extra money for a Cobra. So I don’t know. Right now my strategy is to bank some money and wait till this fall and see if an SE is in the works (I would like more than rumors and Brads winking thumbs up). And then there is the chance that Ford will screw up the SE… After the wonderful job the did on the 03/04 Mach 1 they just might serve up a something less than platable.
Oh well… Time will tell.

V10 2/14/06 06:15 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GTJOHN @ February 13, 2006, 9:55 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The GTO is struggling because it looks like a Grand Am, not because of its performance. The Mustang is an American Icon, and it will always sell well. I'm just tired of Ford acting like they are doing us die hard Ford/Mustang buyers a favor when they happen to increase the Horse Power, when actually, they are lagging 5 years behind the competition.
Like I said before, if GM can sell a 400hp GTO for $34k and D.C can sell a 340hp 300C for $35k, you better believe they can sell a 400hp Camero for the same price or even less. I may of been a few thousand dollars off on the SRT Challenger, but the V8 Challenger ( at least 340hp ) and a 400hp Camero aren't going to be that much more than a Mustang GT.
[/b][/quote]

You figured it out yourself. Ford doesn't have to put a 400 HP engine into the Mustang to sell plenty of them.

It is also not clear what Challenger models DCX will build. Some rumors say the only model will be a 425 HP, 6 speed manual with limited production.

If DCX builds V6 Challengers they will have a lot of trouble selling them. The Challenger is HUGE, HEAVY and an impractical car. It is really a toy, like a Viper.

Boomer 2/14/06 06:49 PM

I think the problem a LOT of us have is that we figure what WE want is what should be....

... and thats not the case.

Yes we are part of the target market, but it is only a piece of the pie.
And you can't show your whole hand/idea's all at once, or there'd be no reason to sell/upgrade.

Ford is doing us favors... to keep us happy...
but you'll never please everyone with a price that everyone wants.

GTJOHN 2/15/06 12:36 PM

I am going to wait another 12 months, and see what happens. Maybe we will know a lot more about SE's and GT upgrades. But, waiting stinks!
I am just worried that as soon as I buy a new Stang, something much better will come out 6 months to a year later, and then I'll be mad!

66ponyman 2/15/06 03:29 PM

any new or more pics of the new gt/cs? or any new info about it?

bar 2/21/06 08:11 AM

05stangkc said, "I talked to an insider a few days back and got some info on the Bullit and The Mach, But I was sworn to secrecy. No I am Kidding! No I am not! biggrinjester.gif Well maybe I know something."

Bullitt? When, when, and WHEN?! MY08?!
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]

Tres Wright 3/3/06 12:31 PM

I LOVE the GT/CS!!! I didn't think I would, but upon seeing the pictures and hearing about the two-tone leather seats I'm digging it.

I think anyone that complains about the scoops not being functional is being hypocritical, you can't tell me that none of you have ever put a mod on your car simply to make it look better. Why pay the extra money for IUP, it doesn't help the performance! Why put different wheels on there if it doesn't help the performance! Why put a rear spoiler on, it doesn't help the ... etc. etc. etc. There's no end to that line of thought. If all you were interested in was "performance" and looks meant nothing, you'd be better off getting a GTO.

I'm also amazed at the weird line of thought expressed by several here that any development time spent with appearance items takes development time away from performance. That's absurd. It is highly unlikely that the appearance development team within Ford even knows the people on the performance development team. It is also doubtful that money spent in one area would impact money spent in the other. It is safe to say that development is taking place in both camps simultaneously.

Now, when can I order my GT/CS? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

AFBLUE 3/3/06 02:22 PM

Preach it brother! Preach it!

mustang68w 3/3/06 05:02 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tres Wright @ March 3, 2006, 11:34 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I LOVE the GT/CS!!! I didn't think I would, but upon seeing the pictures and hearing about the two-tone leather seats I'm digging it.

I think anyone that complains about the scoops not being functional is being hypocritical, you can't tell me that none of you have ever put a mod on your car simply to make it look better. Why pay the extra money for IUP, it doesn't help the performance! Why put different wheels on there if it doesn't help the performance! Why put a rear spoiler on, it doesn't help the ... etc. etc. etc. There's no end to that line of thought. If all you were interested in was "performance" and looks meant nothing, you'd be better off getting a GTO.

I'm also amazed at the weird line of thought expressed by several here that any development time spent with appearance items takes development time away from performance. That's absurd. It is highly unlikely that the appearance development team within Ford even knows the people on the performance development team. It is also doubtful that money spent in one area would impact money spent in the other. It is safe to say that development is taking place in both camps simultaneously.

Now, when can I order my GT/CS? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Thank You [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

kenb0218 3/3/06 06:21 PM

It looks like the 2007 will have some of the options that people have been stating that they want (heated seats, upgraded interior [padded dash, tu-tone seats], engine/body/exhaust dressups)

I just wish that there were engine/transmission options like the late 60's/early 70's. It would be nice to be able to get a non-GT with the pony package grill with a V8/heavy duty transmission that would come in between the V6 and GT prices. On the GT, you should be able to get a NA 5.4 if you want and upgrade to the 6 speed manual without having to get a Shelby.

'67/68 had 6 engine options (1 6 cylinder, 5 V8's)

scode 3/3/06 08:08 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(incomingRPG @ February 13, 2006, 7:06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Oh my god, I am not alone, I'd swear that I wrote this, I've said it before, I'll say it again, Ford should be embarassed to use some of those materials in any car.
Is it me or does anyone else think that 35 and 40K, is just way too much money for these cars? Seriously, that is a big chunk of change.
[/b][/quote]

Automotive News reported last week that GM is saying good night to the "Aussie" GTO. Enough Said!

TomServo92 3/4/06 08:03 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scode @ March 3, 2006, 9:11 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Automotive News reported last week that GM is saying good night to the "Aussie" GTO. Enough Said!
[/b][/quote]

BUT Autoweek reported this week that a new GTO based on the same platform as the new Camaro is planned.

Apparantely enough wasn't said! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]