Grabber Orange Grabber Orange 2007+ Mustangs

Ordered my BOGO GT 2 weeks ago....the wait begins!

Search this Thread

Old 9/25/06, 01:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered my BOGO GT 2 weeks ago....the wait begins!

For most of my life I have been mostly interested in cars from the 60's and 70's. Most new cars that I saw during the 80's and 90's just didnt do it for me. The last few years I have been driving C3 Corvettes.

Then I saw the 2005 Mustang. I could not believe it. After the styling and performance torments of the late 70's Mustang II's, King Cobra's and most of the 80's and 90's versions, Ford FINALLY styled a decent looking Mustang. AND its on a NEW chassis with decent POWER!!

I have never owned a new car. The price and the payments would scare me away. Then came the news; 2007 Mustang in GRABBER ORANGE!

A month ago I saw one on a car lot. It had just arrived and was being prep'ed for its new owner. I fell in love. If any car could tempt me into a car payment this was the one.

I ordered my BOGO GT 2 weeks ago. Here is how I optioned it;

T82, 140A - 2007 Ford Mustang GT Coupe Premium
U3 - Grabber Orange
KW - Leather Seats, Dark Charcoal
44K - 5 Speed Manual
455 - 3.55 Limited Slip Axle Ratio
54G - GT Appearance Package
18G - Interior Upgrade Package
68B - Premier Trim
67L - Satin Aluminum Dash Panels
53B - Comfort Group
64W - 18" Polished Wheels
17L - Wheel Locks
918 - Shaker 1000
50S - Sirius Satellite Radio
14A - Active Anti-Theft
90W - Black Rubber Floor Mats

I think I ordered just about every option except the Front Seat side Airbags.

My dealer has not called me with a VIN number yet so I cannot track my order but I will be sure to keep everyone updated. I hope it arrives before Christmas!

Mark Goodell
Old 9/25/06, 04:10 AM
GT Member

Congrats, I felt the same way the first time I saw the color. Let us know when you get a due date. Welcome to BOGO!!!
Old 9/25/06, 08:20 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Safarisun
For most of my life I have been more interested in cars from the 60's and 70's. Most new cars that I saw during the 80's and 90's just didnt do it for me. The last few years I have been driving C3 Corvettes.

Then I saw the 2005 Mustang. I could not believe it. After the styling and performance torments of the late 70's Mustang II's, King Cobra's and most of the 80's and 90's versions, Ford FINALLY styled a decent looking Mustang. AND its on a NEW chassis with decent POWER!!

I have never owned a new car. The price and the payments would scare me away. Then came the news; 2007 Mustang in GRABBER ORANGE!

A month ago I saw one on a car lot. It had just arrived and was being prep'ed for its new owner. I fell in love. If any car could tempt me into a car payment this was the one.

I ordered my BOGO GT 2 weeks ago. Here is how I optioned it;

T82, 140A - 2007 Ford Mustang GT Coupe Premium
U3 - Grabber Orange
KW - Leather Seats, Dark Charcoal
44K - 5 Speed Manual
455 - 3.55 Limited Slip Axle Ratio
54G - GT Appearance Package
18G - Interior Upgrade Package
68B - Premier Trim
67L - Satin Aluminum Dash Panels
53B - Comfort Group
64W - 18" Polished Wheels
17L - Wheel Locks
918 - Shaker 1000
50S - Sirius Satellite Radio
14A - Active Anti-Theft
90W - Black Rubber Floor Mats

I think I ordered just about every option except the Front Seat side Airbags.

My dealer has not called me with a VIN number yet so I cannot track my order but I will be sure to keep everyone updated. I hope it arrives before Christmas!

Mark Goodell
Congrats! You'll love it! And by the way, if you have the order number and your dealer's number, you can still track the car. I had both on the paperwork from my dealer when I ordered.
Old 9/26/06, 12:14 AM

welcome to the the waiting game! i have been waiting 2 months and still not serialized... hope you get yours soon! the wait is driving me mad! lol
Old 9/26/06, 05:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

As soon as I saw my first "spy" pictures of GO online, I about wet my pants. So, I know the feeling. Welcome to the queue. You do not need the SN to track your order if you have the DORA. It has everything on it you need to track it by order number. You should have the DORA within two business days of your order.
Old 9/27/06, 11:16 PM
Cobra Member

Cool! Another driver that wants to stand apart from the herd of boring cars on the road. Sweet! Good luck with your ride when it arrives.

It'll be well worth the wait.
Old 9/28/06, 05:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

I get some comments from feeble minds about the color being a "girly" color. I say that I want to make sure that you know its me coming when you see that second sun in the sunset.
Old 9/28/06, 07:47 AM
Cobra Member

I haven't heard anything of the sort, but I have heard people complain that it was too light. They wished the orange was darker, like Competition Orange or Omaha Orange.

But then it wouldn't be a "grabber" now, would it?

I think some people just buy colors they think will gain them praise and universal acceptance. They're afraid to be different because they don't have *****. I'd rather stand apart.
Old 9/29/06, 05:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

My only negative thought on the color is that when it is dark out and the cars sits under a street light or a business light, it looks yellow.
Old 9/29/06, 07:07 AM
Bullitt Member

I have got to ask why you would order almost every option and skimp on the air bags. Isnt the safety of you, your family and passengers worth the extra money. It always ****es me off when manufacturers make you pay extra for safety features, but it is money well spent.
Old 9/29/06, 07:39 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by sts767
I have got to ask why you would order almost every option and skimp on the air bags. Isnt the safety of you, your family and passengers worth the extra money. It always ****es me off when manufacturers make you pay extra for safety features, but it is money well spent.
Amen, brother!

That was probably THE most important option I ordered for my '07. Living in Sacramento, many drivers think traffic lights are merely suggestions on whether to stop or go. I can't tell you how many drivers I've seen blatantly run red lights; everything from cars to school buses and even police cruisers. I wait a second before proceeding after the light changes to green...just to be sure. I ordered the side impact airbags on my '05 as well. Just another protective measure. You can't be too safe; it could make the difference between spending a day in the hospital or spending a week!

A word on the color: I think it's a SAFE color. It's easily seen, day or night, and easy to find in a parking lot. While some may argue its merit as a "safe" color, and raise the issue of increased visibility to law enforcement, I still believe the benefits outweigh the disadvantages.

And I still think lighter colors are easier to keep clean.
Old 9/29/06, 11:28 AM
Bullitt Member

BUILD UPDATE: As of 09/29/2006 - Clean and Unscheduled

Regarding the Side Airbags....

Well, I guess its a combination of the money ($380.00), my generation (more grey hair every day!) and my personal driving experiences.

When I was a kid, some cars were equipped with seat belts and some were not. Not that it mattered because no one used them anyway. The seat belt ***** and the airbag would not come along for several decades. Safety was not that big of an issue then. Heck, it was not unusual for a bunch of us to ride in the back of a pick-up truck. Try getting away with that today!

So as I kid I rode without seat belts. When I got my license I drove without seat belts. I only put them on at the drag strip or when I knew I was going to be doing some high speed driving.

The same thing applies to Anti-lock Brakes. I have driven cars with Anti-lock brakes and didnt like them. I felt that I had better control with standard brakes. Just give me some good power assisted disc's and I'm good to go. No car I have ever owned had anti-locks and I dont feel that I have missed them. I guess 30 years without any serious accidents give me confidence in "old school" technology.

I have owned dozens of cars over the years but this Mustang will be the first one that is brand new. It will also be the first I have owned to have any kind of airbag and/or anti-lock brakes.

I guess I feel that between the seat belts, front airbags and modern anti-lock brakes that I am safer in this Mustang than any car I have driven in the past 30 years. I'm not saying my reasoning is rational, but thats what was going on in my head as I check off the option sheet. "Side airbags? 400 bucks? Nahhh. Dont need them. Good brakes and a front bag is plenty".

So for better or worse, thats my story. I'm ok with my decision.

Mark
Old 9/29/06, 11:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm the same way about side air bags. My father worked for Ford, and he was very seriously concerned about the effectiveness of air bags relative to the danger of them going off for no reason and the expense of getting them repaired. He was very much against putting air bags in cars back in the early 80's. I think that the technology is now sound for the front air bags, but they continue to tweak them.

I feel that at this point in time the technology for the side air bags is unproven, and I don't know that I felt that the money was worth the risk especially given the fact that the car will not be a daily driver. Had I been faced with the decision five years from now, I might have made a different decision.
Old 9/29/06, 12:04 PM
Bullitt Member

First Congrats. Had I waited, GO would be on the short list.

I got the airbags thinking it would positively effect my insurance rate. After I bought the car, though,the computer at Statefarm didn't care....

Now I want to get the two tone skins from the CS and the bags will make it difficult (more $$$$$).
Old 9/29/06, 12:12 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by flashfearless
I feel that at this point in time the technology for the side air bags is unproven, and I don't know that I felt that the money was worth the risk especially given the fact that the car will not be a daily driver.
Have you called your insurance company and inquired about a rate reduction for the side airbags? I believe some imsurers are offering them.

For me, anything that might give me a little more protection in the event of a collision is worth it. Heck, I wear my seatbelt at all times on an airplane, regardless of how smooth the air is or whether or not the seatbelt sign is illuminated.
Old 9/30/06, 10:04 AM
Cobra Member

I guess it's true what they say about teaching old dogs new tricks!

I suppose you've got a point. In some T-bone wrecks, side-impact airbags may not help at all, but it could mean the difference between open casket and closed. A friend of mine says I'm too concerned about safety. He's happy to drive itsy bitsy cars with little or no hope of surviving a crash. However, I've seen first hand the carnage on the road by careless drivers and I'll take whatever life or limb-saving devices they've got to offer!
Old 10/3/06, 10:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Commodity Hold for 18" Wheels

BUILD UPDATE: As of 10/03/2006 - Clean and Unscheduled, Possible HOLD for 18" Wheels

My dealer just called and told me that my Mustang is on hold due to a shortage of 18" wheels. He does not know if the hold could be just a few weeks or as long as several months.

I could order the car with the standard 17" wheels but he do not know if the computer can be reflashed to use the 18" wheels if I decide to add them later. My dealer says they had some problems in the past with computers that will not accept a new wheel size and make the necessary speedo correction.

Can anyone here confirm if the 2007 computer can be reflashed by the dealer to change the wheel setting from 17" to 18"?

Thanks.
Old 10/3/06, 10:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

I would not expect those shortages to last more than a week. If it were me, I would hold out for the 18's. Love the 18's. There was a guy who used to post the build restrictions from week to week, but I haven't seen that since like May.
Old 10/3/06, 10:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Grabber Orange is cool .... if I could have found a V6/5-speed in my area I would have got it instead of my Screaming Yellow ... but all I could find were Automatics and I didn't want to order so I took the rebate on the Yellow Instead. I also wish Ford made it Competition Orange instead of Grabber ... at dusk my Screaming Yellow car actually looks Orange .....

Old 10/3/06, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Safarisun
BUILD UPDATE: As of 10/03/2006 - Clean and Unscheduled, Possible HOLD for 18" Wheels

My dealer just called and told me that my Mustang is on hold due to a shortage of 18" wheels. He does not know if the hold could be just a few weeks or as long as several months.

I could order the car with the standard 17" wheels but he do not know if the computer can be reflashed to use the 18" wheels if I decide to add them later. My dealer says they had some problems in the past with computers that will not accept a new wheel size and make the necessary speedo correction.

Can anyone here confirm if the 2007 computer can be reflashed by the dealer to change the wheel setting from 17" to 18"?

Thanks.
i have been suspecting that my long wait has been due to the 18" wheels as well...... oh well..... on another note my fiance just joined the new car waiting game as her Audi A3 is not gonna get here till sometime in Dec..... now she will know how i feel and why i call the ERL every day!! lol

Quick Reply: Ordered my BOGO GT 2 weeks ago....the wait begins!