Grabber Orange Grabber Orange 2007+ Mustangs

Oh, Pitpup - this is for you!

Search this Thread

Old 6/22/06, 01:50 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, Pitpup - this is for you!

I went back to my local Ford dealer to do a test drive on a GT with the 5 speed, even though I'm months away from ordering. When I spoke with the salesman yesterday, he said he'd have a GT gassed up and ready for us this afternoon.

Knowing that you wanted to see some shots of the Orange Grabber with the stripe job, I got my wife's camera and snapped a few shots. And guess how surprised I was to discover that we were to do our test drive in the Grabber Orange! I knew you'd be proud of me for doing so. All I can say is, "Wow!" Fantastic car and it looked great with the stripes and GT appearance package.

And the dealer had a second Grabber Orange and even an Alloy on the lot.

Here are the pictures for ya:

Pitpup - I hope you got your Grabber Orange today.
Old 6/22/06, 02:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

That dealer badge is :gay:
Old 6/22/06, 02:09 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by BuzzyStang05
That dealer badge is :gay:
It wouldn't have been my choice either.

I wonder how hard those are to remove?
Old 6/22/06, 03:04 PM
Cobra Member

Wow. Flieger67... you get an A for effort. The dealer gets an F for execution. Now I know how NOT to stripe the Big Tang if I stripe it at all. Do the stripes on the hood appear to you as if they don't come all the way to the edge? I'm really not diggin' on the LeMans for Grabber.

Remember, this is no reflection on YOU. Outstanding job! But I think the car looks better nekid.
Old 6/22/06, 03:31 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by pitpup
Wow. Flieger67... you get an A for effort. The dealer gets an F for execution. Now I know how NOT to stripe the Big Tang if I stripe it at all. Do the stripes on the hood appear to you as if they don't come all the way to the edge? I'm really not diggin' on the LeMans for Grabber.

Remember, this is no reflection on YOU. Outstanding job! But I think the car looks better nekid.
You are very welcome for the effort. As a newbie, I have to do something to make friends around here.

The stripes were done by a local shop, though being new to the area, I didn't recognize the name. The stripes did not wrap around under area in front of the hood or under the front of the scoop. In addition, the stripes did not go down the back side of the scoop - at the back end of the scoop, the stripes just stop and then start again on the hood. You can see a similar situation on the back end, too. But they did actually make a curve in the stripes to go around the Sirius antenna on the trunk lid.

Overall, I wish they had done more of a wrap on the stripes. They did appear to be well lined up and I didn't notice any bubbles or blurbs but to be honest, I didn't go over them with a fine-tooth comb. And the stripes are indeed vinyl and not actual paint. Surprisingly, there wasn't anything on the window sticker to indicate an upcharge for the stripes.

My wife now thinks we should get a Tungsten GT and then do black stripes at a later date. I think she's still under the influence of "Gone in 60 Seconds", which we watched last night.
Old 6/22/06, 08:47 PM
Queen Of Nascar

I think it looks HOT, if only the stripes were wider. I like it!!
Old 6/23/06, 07:20 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Donna
I think it looks HOT, if only the stripes were wider. I like it!!
What SHE said!
Old 6/24/06, 06:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yep, those stripes are WAY TOO NARROW!
Old 6/24/06, 10:58 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah I agree. Just eyeballing it, looks like they are ~6-7 inches wide each, with 1" gap.
Old 6/24/06, 11:04 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
tell your dealer that when you order your car..no dealer stickers and if they put one on you will refuse the car
Old 6/25/06, 01:47 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by burningman
tell your dealer that when you order your car..no dealer stickers and if they put one on you will refuse the car
You know, I hadn't really paid attention to the dealer badge before but now that you mention it, I'm going to ask that it not be applied to my car. I don't mind spreading the word for a dealer who does a good job, but I don't want the lines of the car ruined.
Old 6/28/06, 01:19 PM
Cobra Member

I'm kinda diggin' the white. Here's a mock-up:

Old 6/28/06, 01:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Forget the stripes and just put some black FR500 rims on it.
Old 7/1/06, 12:15 AM
V6 Member

That looks like a 50/50 bar,....er car. I like it. However, if you decide to go with black stripes, might I suggest the Mercedes Mclaren SLR black. The black paint they use on that car has got to be the most b-e-a-utiful black I have seen in my 22 yrs. of life. The way I see it,...white, black, or nekid, you've got a winner! Or at least you will when you get your car Pitpup Haha! JK! Soon enough...
Old 7/1/06, 06:03 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JimmyT
The way I see it,...white, black, or nekid, you've got a winner! Or at least you will when you get your car Pitpup Haha! JK! Soon enough...
If you think fooling around with Mother Nature is tricky...
You don't even want to mess with El Diablo!

ED Phone Home!
Old 7/2/06, 10:56 AM
Cobra Member

In a pathetic, last ditch attempt to get pics of his Grabber Orange GT posted on the web before the upcoming July 4th holiday, Pitpup retires to his basement and decides to 'fake' El Diablo's arrival...

Old 7/2/06, 11:37 AM
Bullitt Member

In a pathetic, last ditch attempt to get pics of his Grabber Orange GT posted on the web before the upcoming July 4th holiday, Pitpup retires to his basement and decides to 'fake' El Diablo's arrival...

Does that model come in a vert? If so, make and name please
Old 7/2/06, 11:42 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Can't wait to see it completed
Old 7/2/06, 06:29 PM
Cobra Member

No, no vert. It is 1/25th and made by Revell. I'll have to finish it and post over in Toys & Collectibles... Are you good with (and do you own) a Dremel Tool? You could make a snazzy vert, fo' sure!
Old 7/2/06, 06:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

No, no vert. It is 1/25th and made by Revell. I'll have to finish it and post over in Toys & Collectibles... Are you good with (and do you own) a Dremel Tool? You could make a snazzy vert, fo' sure!
Where did you get that paint?

I saw my first grabber orange in person today. V6 Vert automatic w/spoiler delete and cloth top. Unremarkable except for the color and the top. The the dealer puts a 5 inch oval white sticker on the back!

Quick Reply: Oh, Pitpup - this is for you!