Grabber Orange Grabber Orange 2007+ Mustangs

I'm just sick

Search this Thread

Old 8/25/06, 07:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm just sick

..Driving today to work in the vert. Two lane highway, opposite traffic heavy with construction vehnicles on PA 352 in Chester County. I hear a "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" as a rock (or something) flies out of a dump truck and hits (I thought) my windshield. I guess I am lucky that it didn't hit me in the head. It hit the crossbar above the windshield and made a dent the size of a dime and took the paint clear off!

I guess my $0 deductible comprehensive is gonna come in handy; Orange Peel be ****ed! This is getting fixed...Now the hassle begins...
Old 8/25/06, 08:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear about that

Let us know what the adjuster says, and best of luck in your repair.
Old 8/26/06, 10:21 AM
GT Member

Oh Man, Take some Pepto Bismo & make sure you Kiss the BooBoo. Let us know when it's all better.
Old 8/26/06, 10:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Alan, sorry to hear about this. Luck it didn't crack the windshield at the same time, and possibly come into the car itself. Whenever I see a dump truck, if I can, I switch lanes ASAP!! Its things like this that worry me so much.
Old 8/28/06, 07:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

No Hassles (yet)

Well, I must say that my agent has been cool about the damage. I took it to two shops this AM. One initially wanted to take the windshield out because they wanted to get behind the two black clips that hold it in the frame. Their concern was not the paint but making sure that the clearcoat had a termination point below the molding. One shop dealt with insurance directly, the other which is more of a high end boutique type kind of works it out post facto with insurance. The insurance company does not like the botique (Cavello's) because they cost more. But the botique etimate came in the same as the high volume place. $250, so not a lot. But it was cool, I set up an appointment for 9/11 and then they get the insurance guy to show up there the same day and they ****er about the approach and the cost.
Old 9/2/06, 08:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Pic of the damage

I finally got around to shooting a pic of the damage. Doesn't really do it justice, but it is what it is...Lucky that it didn't hit me in the head...

Old 9/2/06, 08:50 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by flashfearless
Well, I must say that my agent has been cool about the damage. I took it to two shops this AM. One initially wanted to take the windshield out because they wanted to get behind the two black clips that hold it in the frame. Their concern was not the paint but making sure that the clearcoat had a termination point below the molding. One shop dealt with insurance directly, the other which is more of a high end boutique type kind of works it out post facto with insurance. The insurance company does not like the botique (Cavello's) because they cost more. But the botique etimate came in the same as the high volume place. $250, so not a lot. But it was cool, I set up an appointment for 9/11 and then they get the insurance guy to show up there the same day and they ****er about the approach and the cost.
OK, these language filters really suck... what is ****er???
Old 9/2/06, 08:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
OK, these language filters really suck... what is ****er???
my geuss is d icker. As in argue.
Old 9/2/06, 08:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by korinwoodo
my geuss is d icker. As in argue.
What he said, Sorry, I didn't realize that was edited..
Old 9/2/06, 08:58 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh, alright. I was thinking other stuff. Dumb nanny doesn't know a word that my grandma uses from a word that describes genetalia.

Anywho, good luck on the repair. I really wish that dump trucks would be held accountable for the messes they make. They really **** me off when they pull out of a work site and dump mud, dirt, and rocks into the road and traffic for the next 1/2 mile.
Old 9/8/06, 07:43 AM
Cobra Member

I agree. Those dump trucks can wreak havoc on car finishes.

I think you can say **** on this site. Let's try and see if I get doused in holy water. Oops! Didn't capitalize "holy."

Oh pooh...
Old 9/8/06, 07:46 AM
Cobra Member

Nope, can't say ****. How about tinkle? Wee wee?
That Holy water is really burning my eyes.
Old 9/9/06, 03:31 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by CelticNut
Nope, can't say ****. How about tinkle? Wee wee?
That Holy water is really burning my eyes.
Old 9/13/06, 06:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Body Shop Update and Question

My vert is in the body shop right now (Cavallo's). They said that they would install my quick lifts for me, so I hope to find a new present under the hood as well.

I also wanted to mention something that I think that my bonehead son did. I noticed a scratch (1/2 inch) down to the metal on the inside of the passender side door. I assumed that it was a factory issue. This AM, I remembered an event that my son did which probably caused the scratch. One day, we're heading out for a ride, and the car is (obviously) locked (even in the garage). He gives the door a hard yank, and the passenger door opens a crack! And then the alarm goes off. I reset the alarm, open the car start it up and see that the IUP says "Security Event" or something like that. I think that the lock mechanism on the door caused the scratch when he yanked it. Why would it "give" at all? Why was he able to get it open even a crack? Could it be that the MGW stuff on the passenger side is preventing the door from locking all the way? I had to screw that side down pretty far to get it to thread because of how low the unit sits in the door on that side.

When I lock the door, it makes a whacking sound as it locks. Would hate to have to go back to stock...