Grabber Orange Grabber Orange 2007+ Mustangs

The Flashmobile makes its arrival

Search this Thread

Old 7/29/06, 08:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Flashmobile makes its arrival

Well, she's finally here and she is a dream. Drives like a champ and today I actually managed to get it into fifth gear (bad traffic yesterday). I woke up this morning, took a look at the blazing heat and started with the bath. Bugs were strangely drawn to her like she represented the sweetest, tangiest nectar. Ah, mother natures knows Grabba, Grabba Do Too. We retreat to the garage where I can hide from the sun if not the heat. I wasn't planning on using the Clay bar, but I was bold and did a surface test in one area. After touching the before and then the after section, I came to the conclusion that it would be a waste to not do the Clay bar. The Clay bar made the surface so slick, my detailing spray bottle would not stand on the treated surface.

Nothing really remarkable about the interior on this unit as it is straight black and satin IUP. I thought that the Shaker 500 performed beautifully (I did make a cruising MP3 CD and the Shaker had no issue reading my music tags). For some reason the dealer cranked me a full tank of gas, so I am much appreciative for the spot on that...

I then proceeded to do two coats of Meguilars NXT. I have come to the conclusion that NXT is impossible to get off with standard diaper cloths. I found it much easier to get off with the microfiber towel that comes in the Meguilar's clay bar kit. Put come Mother's polish on the wheels, and we were set for a Saturday night cruise night. My and my son (he took the obligatory no-one-ever-rides-free pose with the Grabber Orange hat) and we were off. I struggled in finding just the right spot for the right light for the Grabba pictures.

The drive along the Brandywine creek was surreal it was so nice. A little on the warm side, but I always imagined it being one of the perfect vert driving roads and I was right. A couple of places near the DuPont family homes you can almost grab some air if you hit the hill at the right speed. I am not quite ready for grabbing air yet, but you can be sure there will come a time..

I was amazed by the fact that the car only ate one bug (in the scoop wouldn't you know) on the cruise and my day's worth of work was not lost. A couple of guys in a park ranger truck with flashing lights said that they would like to swap. I don't think so Tim. I noticed people going out of their way to take notice (as they should). We topped off the evening at the outdoor ice cream stand and took in all the stares...Of course we eat outside of mother nectar...

The only thing which really was not very much fun was putting on the convertible boot. But I am sure that I will get over that. It wasn't until I got home that I realized that I hadn't taken any pics with the top up. I guess that means we will have to make another trip tomorrow night, huh?

Enjoy!

Old 7/29/06, 08:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats!
Old 7/29/06, 09:01 PM
Cobra Member

Very nice pics! You chose the best one for your avatar!

Take care of her and enjoy! We definately gotta get together for a group photo.

Now here's your nanners!
Old 7/29/06, 09:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by pitpup
Very nice pics! You chose the best one for your avatar!
Thanks. I definately had to play around with the images to make them look right on this site. I just edited the pictures again so that this thread does not "go wide" anymore.

Time to cross post to BOF and BMG!....

Always up for a get together. There is a show coming at Chapman I had heard. Anyone know anything about that?
Old 7/30/06, 08:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Flash,
Great pics! Sounds like both you and your son are doing what you're supposed to....enjoying that Mustang! Have fun!
-Chip in SC
Old 7/30/06, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by flashfearless
Thanks. I definately had to play around with the images to make them look right on this site. I just edited the pictures again so that this thread does not "go wide" anymore.
Hey fearless, WOW I'm jealous. She is beautiful. I was the guy who said it looked like yellow on MF but it is definately Grabber Orange here. I just heard that mine is due at the dealer 8/18. I was expecting it a week earlier. If it really does arrive then, it will be on Friday one day before the Woodward Dream Cruise. If my dealer doesn't get it prepped I'll miss the big cruise. I tell you I will never order a new vehicle from the factory again. It is making me a nervous wreck.

I hope you and your new Mustang live happily everafter. And put off grabbing air... you might meet someone in midair coming the other way.
Old 7/30/06, 08:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by wingman75
Hey fearless, WOW I'm jealous. She is beautiful.
Thank you. It really does depend on the lighting as to whether it looks yellow. I looked at one of those pics and I think that he car looks yellow in one section and orange in another one. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I tell you I will never order a new vehicle from the factory again. It is making me a nervous wreck.
It will be here soon enough, and you will change your tune once it arrives. The key is that you are getting exactly what you ordered.
Old 7/30/06, 09:11 AM
Cobra Member

Say, Alan. This is my favorite 'shade' of Grabber Orange (or some thing close to it).

Old 7/30/06, 09:42 AM
GT Member

Something about a Lady going Topless!!! She is Beautiful. Isn't it funny how the light plays with the color in person & especially thru the lense of a camera.
Congrats again
Old 7/30/06, 10:57 AM

O man, I got about another 4-5 weeks till I get my '07 Grabber Vert!!! Geesh!!! Congrats man, All of your pics and PitUps pics I have added to my screensaver!!!
Old 7/30/06, 11:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Say, Alan. This is my favorite 'shade' of Grabber Orange (or some thing close to it).
Hey Stan, yeah I know what you mean. I was looking for something to capture a sig with.

Since you're so good with Photoshop, I need you to do a picture for me with my windows tinted. I wonder if it will look right when the top is up, with the top being black?...How hard would that be to do.

We went out for a drive today even though it is sweltering again. Its OK as long as you keep moving. The red lights are killer. Had to end it with a stop at Rita's. I also saw a competition orange 40th anniversary Boss today at the local WaWa. I told the guy nice car and he barely grunted...

Spouse unit returns today and will see the car for the first time. Already has 110 miles on it...My avg mpg is still below 15...
Old 7/30/06, 12:10 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks fantastic! Congratulations!
Old 7/31/06, 06:39 AM

Got any pics with the top up? I've been considering this color and seen some coupes but no verts yet. Looks great with the top down BTW.
Old 7/31/06, 07:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1st Stang
Got any pics with the top up? I've been considering this color and seen some coupes but no verts yet. Looks great with the top down BTW.
Thanks. I will post one tonight after I get home from work...Look at ISELLFORD's pics. Does he not have any with the top up either? This time of the year, we go topless most of the time...
Old 7/31/06, 08:35 AM
Cobra Member

This time of year, you can find strange smells... so I prefer a coupe.

Old 7/31/06, 08:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

This time of year, you can find strange smells... so I prefer a coupe.
Definately put the top up when driving through Kennett Square, PA (mushroom capital of the world)...If you ever know what they treat those things with to make 'em grow, you would never eat another one..
Old 7/31/06, 11:22 AM
V6 Member

Flash,

Great job guy. Only way to enjoy the vert is to keep it open. Still have about 2 - 2 1/2 weeks for my triple black GT vert (if the old ERL is accurate). Almost wishing I had ordered the same wheels. Possible upgrade later. Keep having fun with it.
Old 7/31/06, 07:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1st Stang
Got any pics with the top up? I've been considering this color...
Ask and ye shall recieve...Some pics with the top up. Not quite as scenic and kind of as the light was waning, but I think that you get the idea. One caution about the cloth top is that it will collect lint. My wife rolled her eyes when I said that she should pick me up a lint brush at the mall..

Old 7/31/06, 08:59 PM

Thanks flashfearless, appreciate the quick response. Looks great!!!

But then again, you already knew that.
Old 7/31/06, 09:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Beautiful car!

Quick Reply: The Flashmobile makes its arrival