Visit to Local Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 8/15/06, 01:01 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Visit to Local Dealer

I had to go over to the local dealer today to schedule my Shaken up Shaker for service. They've been waiting for their Shelby to get there so I figured I'd go to the showroom to see if it had arrived. It has indeed arrived. It's the lighter gray/silver with white stripe convertable. BEAUTIFUL car. The in person presence of the car is awesome.

ADM Issue:

Sticker: $48,500

Selling Price: $68,500

The sales guy I talk to says it's to weed out the people who just want to buy them at retail, stick em in the garage and make a profit later.

Old 8/15/06, 01:27 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 97svtgoin05gt
I had to go over to the local dealer today to schedule my Shaken up Shaker for service. They've been waiting for their Shelby to get there so I figured I'd go to the showroom to see if it had arrived. It has indeed arrived. It's the lighter gray/silver with white stripe convertable. BEAUTIFUL car. The in person presence of the car is awesome.

ADM Issue:

Sticker: $48,500

Selling Price: $68,500

The sales guy I talk to says it's to weed out the people who just want to buy them at retail, stick em in the garage and make a profit later.

I want to buy one at retail....stick it in my garage.....and drive it whenever I dang well feel like it. Do you think that this will qualify me?

You should tell him that all of those people out there who want one for MSRP are so very thankful that they would stick their necks out and be gracious enough to accept an extra $20,000 to ensure that no one else gets to do the same.
Old 8/15/06, 01:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts
I saw one on a delivery truck today - Vista Blue. I almost broke my neck turning to eyeball it. Fortunately, we were at a stop light, and I was a passenger. So I just got to sit there and drink it in.

That's one righteous-looking Mustang.
Old 8/15/06, 02:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think it should be legally OK to kick a sales person right square in the ***** for saying such BS like that clown did. Must be another Bold Moves thing....
Old 8/15/06, 02:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

your response should have been, "So, it's your job to PREVENT people from buying new Fords...I see...thank you"
Old 8/15/06, 05:45 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by rocket88
your response should have been, "So, it's your job to PREVENT people from buying new Fords...I see...thank you"
+ "you're doing a great job!"
Old 8/15/06, 07:36 PM
Cobra Member

you folks really should reconsider treating the sales people as the enemy, they are not all bad.

-Dan
Old 8/15/06, 08:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Cleveland
you folks really should reconsider treating the sales people as the enemy, they are not all bad.

-Dan
I agree.....When I orderd my 05 in 04 everyone was slappin mark-ups on the GT.I wound up finding a salesmen at a local(SVT) Ford dealer that was outstanding to deal with and I've never done any buisness with them before.Got what I wanted and no mark up and we both went away smilelin.

I'll be his returning cash cow when the Shelby GT's ready to order.
As he said.....as long as I order it through him I'll get for MSRP.
Old 8/15/06, 09:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Try $75000 for the 48K sticker

I saw a red vert with stripe delete today. 75k.

I will just have to drive my 05 GT Vert and suffer.

Boo hoo.
Old 8/15/06, 11:22 PM

Angry

I received an e-mail message from the internet sales director for Folsom Lake Ford in the Sacramento CA area. Grabber Orange MSRP $43,570. Get this - dealer asking price $93,565 + T & L!!! Unbelievable.
Old 8/16/06, 12:14 AM

I stopped by Gaudin Ford in Vegas today to take a peak at one on the floor. Can't say I was overwhelmed as I've seen so many pics over the past year. Sales guy said it was the third sold of the nine they were allocated. All three, so far, at 20k over. The thing that I noticed were all the smudges and fingerprints on the car and he said the guy was supposed to have picked it up yesterday. Maybe he got smart... How difficult is it to look at a car w/o sticking your grubby mitts all over it?

As for sales personnel..shouldn't they know the product? We got to talking about the Shelby GT and I asked him (even though I knew the answer) "aren't they converting those here in Las Vegas?" His answer, "I'm not sure where they're doing that."
Old 8/16/06, 05:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DUD121
I stopped by Gaudin Ford in Vegas today to take a peak at one on the floor. Can't say I was overwhelmed as I've seen so many pics over the past year. Sales guy said it was the third sold of the nine they were allocated. All three, so far, at 20k over. The thing that I noticed were all the smudges and fingerprints on the car and he said the guy was supposed to have picked it up yesterday. Maybe he got smart... How difficult is it to look at a car w/o sticking your grubby mitts all over it?

As for sales personnel..shouldn't they know the product? We got to talking about the Shelby GT and I asked him (even though I knew the answer) "aren't they converting those here in Las Vegas?" His answer, "I'm not sure where they're doing that."
Scott, the sad thing that most salespeople (unlike all of us here on TMS), are not car nuts. They come in, do their job and leave. They don't have any passion for cars or for the brand that they sell. I'm a car nut (hence my sig below), and I routinely surf the net looking for more info on product. That then translates into doing better business, and helping the customer more. Product knowledge is key.
Old 8/16/06, 05:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

-Dan
Your right, I should but I dont not because of heresay by others but due to my actual dealings with them. Most, not all I realize, in my area are scumbags. They want to decieve you and bend you over and take as much $$ from you as possible. They will lie, cheat, and do whatever it takes other than learning about what they sell and knowing their a*s from their elbow. And then when they do finally have a hot car such as the GT500 that is in demand they will high 5 and celebrate raping a customer right in front of other potential customers. It is unfortunate because it shoundt have to be this way. Buying a car should be an enjoyable experience.
Old 8/16/06, 07:47 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

My fatherinlaws gooberheaded neighbor(on Long Island) is all proud- He got one for.......$75,000 Whoopee- and is crowing about it like a rooster at sunrise. Those people in that town have more money than sense.

The Adjustments are just stupid. Its like in 04, an unnamed ford dealer wouldn't sell me one of their "precious" overpriced 05s because they were saving them for people who wanted to pay markup- but would sell me an 04 that day.......I told them to suck on it and went to buy from Ernest Mccarty the same day- who also is selling their gt500's for sticker. Thats the only Ford Dealer I ever walked into where I didn't feel like I needed a bath to get the slime off me when I walked out. (and I bought two cars from em, so that speaks well)
Old 8/16/06, 10:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by V8_4me
I received an e-mail message from the internet sales director for Folsom Lake Ford in the Sacramento CA area. Grabber Orange MSRP $43,570. Get this - dealer asking price $93,565 + T & L!!! Unbelievable.
e-mail him back and tell him "no thanks", I just got one for $41,000.
Old 8/16/06, 02:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by V8_4me
They are obviously just fishing. They will sell it for less than that. They are just hoping some sucker pays 83 or even 73 or even 63 and feels like they got a good deal. Slimeballs.
Old 8/16/06, 06:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Update on this. I went in today to drop my car off and IT IS GONE!

I cannot believe it, but it's true. The car is gone at $65,500.
Someone from Boston sent a guy with a flatbed AND a cashiers check for the proper amount. The dealership made the guy stay overnight till the check cleared. Then they loaded it up and drove it away.

Unbelieveable. I swore that car would be there 6 months. It was barely there 6 hours.

Unreal.

Old 8/16/06, 07:22 PM
FR500 Member

Too bad, people willing to pay whatever the dealers ask means everyone else has to wait a little longer since the dealer knows it can "get away with it" - for now.
Old 8/23/06, 10:42 PM
Closet American

-Dan
THIS one is >>

What the hell difference does it make WHAT the buyer does with his car now...or years from now? It's none of the salesperson's bloody business.
Old 8/23/06, 11:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

I once heard a story of a snake salesman say "they don'y bite"

Quick Reply: Visit to Local Dealer