Updated Shelby Info

Search this Thread

Old 4/26/06, 06:36 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is the latest that I downloaded from the Ford Service area. It comes from the presentation material for a conference call that I will be dialing in on tomorrow as I am our Shelby Coordinator.
Here are the PUBLISHED numbers :

Job#1 6/26
OK to ship 6/26

2007 Shelby
7,070 US Units [although the marketing plan is set at 10,000 units so it is not known if they will increase production; I will ask question tomorrow].
255 Canadian Units
25 WDMO Units [worldwide distribution]

2008 Shelby
7,330 US units
340 Canadian Units
30 WDMO Units

I also talked to the Mustang Brand Manager yesterday and anyone who has the power lease guarantee will see their letter mailed this week. They then will have the opportunity to order their car from the dealer of their choice and that order will receive production priority and will not count against the ordering dealer's allocation. I am glad I talked one of my good customers into the power lease a couple years ago; now he is guaranteed a Shelby.

My first retail Shelby was given an 01 priority by the region last night so it will get serialized this week. It's a torch red vert for another good customer of mine.

I will post more info as I get it, either after the teleconference on Thurs or on Friday; just depends on how busy it is at work.
Old 4/26/06, 06:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ed Thanks for the info. Do you have any info on how I can listen on the conference call here at my dealership? If you can PM me with some info, I'll definitely want to listen in as well. Thanks again for the up to date data. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/26/06, 06:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Ed,

Looking forward to getting new info.
Old 4/26/06, 06:57 AM
Cobra Member

So now we have production #'s set. Good news.
Old 4/26/06, 06:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wow, Canada really gets screwed there. 595 total? that's a shame.
Old 4/26/06, 08:21 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
If you take a look at previous models, it's about the same as before for Canada.

Unfortunately being the NEW one and a Shelby...
They'll sell well.

Then again, depending on how much it costs, they may sit on delears lots like the 03 cobra's eventually did. (and those were only a 2 year run as well)
Old 4/26/06, 09:14 AM
GT Member

Ed, thanks for the info - looking forward to what else comes up in the call!
Old 4/26/06, 11:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hey after seeing the pics of that pink tattoo mustang in the 2005-2008 Mustang thread canada deserves to get screwed [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
Old 4/26/06, 11:46 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mudshuvel319 @ April 26, 2006, 7:02 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Wow, Canada really gets screwed there. 595 total? that's a shame.
[/b][/quote]

Actually, if my info is correct, u.s. is getting screwed by allowing ALL Ford dealers to sell this car, I hear only SVT dealers in Canada will sell these so....................approx 27-30 SVT dealers in Canada, ...... do the math............approx 10 each on average. Who's getting screwed???? Not us !!!!
Old 4/26/06, 11:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SVTpower @ April 26, 2006, 1:49 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Actually, if my info is correct, u.s. is getting screwed by allowing ALL Ford dealers to sell this car, I hear only SVT dealers in Canada will sell these so....................approx 27-30 SVT dealers in Canada, ...... do the math............approx 10 each on average. Who's getting screwed???? Not us !!!!
[/b][/quote]

I wasnt aware of the dealer alotment in Canada, but i was talking cars per person.

Given that Canada's population is around 32 million, 595 cars equates to about 1 per 54,000 people.
In the US, with about 300 million people and 14,400 cars, there is 1 car per 21,000 people or so.
Neither is an optimum situation, but its about about 2 1/2 times easier to find one in the US then above the border.
Old 4/26/06, 12:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Any idea on when we will be able to purchase or order GT500-specific parts? I'm waiting to get my hands on the intercooler coolant tank and related parts for use on my '06 GT. Thanks for all of the info so far!
Old 4/26/06, 12:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Do you think they will be releasing MSRP at this time?
Old 4/26/06, 12:19 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sharp @ April 26, 2006, 1:15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Do you think they will be releasing MSRP at this time?
[/b][/quote]

As I have previously posted, Mustang pricing wil be available towards the end of May.
Old 4/26/06, 01:55 PM
I Have No Life

The problem in Canada right now...
That sucks...

Is the dollar is up... like 88cents to the US Dollar, but our car prices have not changed.

The GT500 will be a 50-55,000 dollar car.
Not many people will be able to afford...let alone want to buy a 55,000+TAX (15%) = 63,250 dollar mustang

Don't get me wrong, they will sell... but per person... we don't have as many people that can afford those kinds of cars, or have different priorities.
If I could, I'd buy one...
But that's too rich for my blood
Old 4/26/06, 09:30 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mudshuvel319 @ April 26, 2006, 12:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I wasnt aware of the dealer alotment in Canada, but i was talking cars per person.

Given that Canada's population is around 32 million, 595 cars equates to about 1 per 54,000 people.
In the US, with about 300 million people and 14,400 cars, there is 1 car per 21,000 people or so.
Neither is an optimum situation, but its about about 2 1/2 times easier to find one in the US then above the border.
[/b][/quote]

Don't take this the wrong way but what???? I'd say it's easier to only deal with 27 dealers across the board that on avg will get 8-10 cars than all of u.s. getting 1-4 only. No ???? common sense here. I'm told I should have no problem from a high volume SVT dealer as my deposit has been down 11 months ago.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boomer @ April 26, 2006, 1:58 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The problem in Canada right now...
That sucks...

Is the dollar is up... like 88cents to the US Dollar, but our car prices have not changed.

The GT500 will be a 50-55,000 dollar car.
Not many people will be able to afford...let alone want to buy a 55,000+TAX (15%) = 63,250 dollar mustang

Don't get me wrong, they will sell... but per person... we don't have as many people that can afford those kinds of cars, or have different priorities.
If I could, I'd buy one...
But that's too rich for my blood
[/b][/quote]

Your estimate is from??? Just curious. I'm being told $50-$52K plus tax of course
Old 4/27/06, 05:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SVTpower @ April 26, 2006, 11:33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Don't take this the wrong way but what???? I'd say it's easier to only deal with 27 dealers across the board that on avg will get 8-10 cars than all of u.s. getting 1-4 only. No ???? common sense here. I'm told I should have no problem from a high volume SVT dealer as my deposit has been down 11 months ago.
[/b][/quote]

I'm not talking specifically about cars per dealer. If you look strictly at the numbers, there are significantly less GT500s in Canada than in the US, and that's unfortunate for them. That's all I'm saying. If you already have your car waiting for you, then great, I'm thrilled for you. But the simple fact is that, per person, there are less cars in Canada. And while it may be easier to deal with only select SVT dealers, this does not somehow create a surplus of cars. If you already have your deposit down, and are promised a car, then obviously this doesn’t affect you. But for others, the odds of finding a car, even if they can afford it, are extremely slim.
Old 4/27/06, 05:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

The Canada thing was a joke...but seriously think about all the screwing on this car that is going on when you can buy it through any Ford dealer here in the US. Yes the volume isnt as good as we had hoped but still. Now you go to Canada and can only buy it from 25-30 dealers, or whatever low number you mentioned. Im thinking the stitches per bung required after purchase will be many more than here in the US. But hopefully for you guys I am wrong.
Old 4/27/06, 07:04 AM
V6 Member

I'm no expert on Canadian cars, but the total number of Shelby Mustangs seems about right for Canada. The car will be terribly impractical. I've never even been to Southern Canada, but I'm told it gets cold up there. Shoot - it even gets cold here in Kansas City. It is very difficult to drive a high torque car on ice. If I lived there, I'm sure I would want something that had AWD and anitlock brakes. The Shelby doesn't quite fit the bill here. This is not to mention Northern Canada - what is the market for Shelbys around Baker Lake?

Interestingly enough, I think that cars for export to Canada have to have metric speedometers and have all documentation in English as well as French. I'm not how sure this would work buying one here and using it there and vice versa.
Old 4/27/06, 07:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CrossBoss @ April 27, 2006, 9:07 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm no expert on Canadian cars, but the total number of Shelby Mustangs seems about right for Canada. The car will be terribly impractical. I've never even been to Southern Canada, but I'm told it gets cold up there. Shoot - it even gets cold here in Kansas City. It is very difficult to drive a high torque car on ice. If I lived there, I'm sure I would want something that had AWD and anitlock brakes. The Shelby doesn't quite fit the bill here. This is not to mention Northern Canada - what is the market for Shelbys around Baker Lake?
[/b][/quote]
The car is definitely impractical in Canada. It's not even very practical in the US. But there are plenty of Canadan guys on these boards, and I'm sure they wouldn’t mind having a Shelby.

Also, I'm not sure what all they would have to change to sell it there though. The metric conversion for sure, but I wonder what else.
Old 4/27/06, 08:24 AM
I Have No Life

yeah it hits over 100 degrees in the summer... REAL impractical [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
It gets cold during the winter, not the spring/fall/summer
I find it funny how people still think we live in igloos [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Yes there are months that these cars would be put away, but it is no different than the upper states.
I don't know if you guys realize that a lot of states are actually higher than the bulk of the population of Ontario???

It's not so much the climate (winter storage)
It's the cost of the cars.
It WOULD be impractical however if you have to have a second car and/or winter transportation as well.
Again, not many Canadians WANT to spend the money on a 55,000 dollar mustang.
(I'm not one of them ... I would, but I have other priorities... I'd rather be paying for a house, than a depreciating asset)

As for the price quotes:
50-55,000 (Coupe/Vert)

Quick Reply: Updated Shelby Info