SVT IS ALIVE AND WELL!

Search this Thread

Old 4/13/06, 03:26 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>SVT is alive and well according to the Ford execs I spke with yesterday.
They said once the GT500 hits the dealers the SVT team will be working on
getting a truck to market. They wouldn't say which truck but it will be a
truck.[/b][/quote]
I spoke to a friend today who has alot of connections and thats what he said, take it as you will [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dancedood.gif[/img]

I then replied to him with
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>why'd they say on the phone that it'd be dead april 1? cuz i guess a bunch of ppl called and they all said its merging with FRPP and all operations will seize on april 1??[/b][/quote]

He then once more replied
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Who knows. They know they need performance and I think someone who has
recently left the company was against it. with him gone makes it easier to
keep SVT. That is pure speculation though.[/b][/quote]
Old 4/13/06, 06:43 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Optimism is good but it won't help in SVT's case. April 1st is not the date. It will be June 1st.

... As we announced last month, Ford Racing is taking the lead in finding a new direction for the SVTOA and continuing the company's efforts to enhance the Ford ownership experience -- not only for owners of SVT vehicles, but for owners of all performance Fords of any vintage. To that end, we have been working on a formula for the SVTOA to become a brand new Ford performance club by July 1, 2006, under the Ford Racing umbrella..."

"... Don't forget that you'll be receiving the expanded
Inside The Oval (with SVT Enthusiast inside) on a monthly basis, which is an enhanced benefit compared to the bi-monthly issues we had in the past. Plus we're busy expanding the scope of the content that you've been telling us you want included, so keep the ideas coming!" ...

SVTOA has received periodic updates on the oncoming plans and Ford has not indicated any changes. I hope you are right but I would not bet my family jewels on it.
Old 4/14/06, 06:52 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
At the Ford press conference at NY, it seemed as though SVT was alive and going to stick around.

Watch the Debut video of the Shelby GT-H and make a determination for yourself.
Old 4/14/06, 10:02 AM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1 BULLITT @ April 13, 2006, 7:46 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Optimism is good but it won't help in SVT's case. April 1st is not the date. It will be June 1st.

... As we announced last month, Ford Racing is taking the lead in finding a new direction for the SVTOA and continuing the company's efforts to enhance the Ford ownership experience -- not only for owners of SVT vehicles, but for owners of all performance Fords of any vintage. To that end, we have been working on a formula for the SVTOA to become a brand new Ford performance club by July 1, 2006, under the Ford Racing umbrella..."

"... Don't forget that you'll be receiving the expanded
Inside The Oval (with SVT Enthusiast inside) on a monthly basis, which is an enhanced benefit compared to the bi-monthly issues we had in the past. Plus we're busy expanding the scope of the content that you've been telling us you want included, so keep the ideas coming!" ...

SVTOA has received periodic updates on the oncoming plans and Ford has not indicated any changes. I hope you are right but I would not bet my family jewels on it.
[/b][/quote]
Good Read [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] I'm still skeptical and I haven't gotten my hopes up, but I'm going to stay on the positive side and see what Ford can do for us

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr-mstng @ April 14, 2006, 7:55 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
At the Ford press conference at NY, it seemed as though SVT was alive and going to stick around.

Watch the Debut video of the Shelby GT-H and make a determination for yourself.
[/b][/quote]
The speaker whom I qouted was at the auto show (press releases) thats also when he talked to the ford exec's, not that he doesn't have those connections on normal time though [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
Old 4/14/06, 11:51 AM
Bullitt Member

This is what the Ford Media web sight has to say about it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Next is SVT and products like the Ford Shelby GT500. Our plan is to offer one performance Mustang and one performance truck in our lineup going forward. These vehicles will represent true Ford performance and stay true to the SVT brand that our loyal customers have come expect. We expect to sell 5,000 to 10,000 of each SVT vehicle a year going forward.[/b][/quote]

Check out the whole article here
http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?...0&make_id=trust

It sounds like there might be hope for SVT. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 4/14/06, 01:08 PM
GTR Member

thanks for the link, it does indeed look good
Old 4/14/06, 01:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mark Fields:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>You probably have guessed that I am from the school that says performance vehicles make brands stronger.

[/b][/quote]

Gotta love hearing that. I just hope he is serious.
Old 4/14/06, 04:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

If Ford was smart they would do the same thing as DC does with SRT. SVT versions of the whole lineup including Mercury and Lincoln.
Old 4/14/06, 05:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bpmurr @ April 14, 2006, 5:44 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
If Ford was smart they would do the same thing as DC does with SRT. SVT versions of the whole lineup including Mercury and Lincoln.
[/b][/quote]
They dabbled in that with the Mercury Marauder. It didn't sell all that well.
Old 4/14/06, 06:57 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Hey, its easy for SRT to modify all the models, after all, they all look alike. Even their trucks.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 4/15/06, 11:02 AM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1 BULLITT @ April 14, 2006, 8:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hey, its easy for SRT to modify all the models, after all, they all look alike. Even their trucks.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
haha yes, all like Pit Bulls....[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/puke.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bpmurr @ April 14, 2006, 5:44 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]
Yes, but whoring out the SVT name (like shelby does) makes the name less exclusive and just another overused trademark, what SVT did was make the cars more of a rarity, like SALEEN [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/15/06, 04:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Remember that SVT has only made Mustangs, F-150's, and Focuses. So they are rare.
Old 4/15/06, 04:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shelby GT500KR @ April 15, 2006, 5:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Remember that SVT has only made Mustangs, F-150's, and Focuses. So they are rare.
[/b][/quote]

You forgot Contours.
Old 4/15/06, 07:16 PM
GT Member

I think we'd all prefer to forget the Contour.

I'm glad SVT Is still alive.

Maybe now I can get my Turbo 3.5 AWD STI Killing Focus?
Old 4/15/06, 08:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
The SVT Contour was a great handling car. It's too bad the overall car line was not well received.
Old 4/15/06, 10:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05MustangFanII @ April 15, 2006, 8:19 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I think we'd all prefer to forget the Contour.

I'm glad SVT Is still alive.

Maybe now I can get my Turbo 3.5 AWD STI Killing Focus?
[/b][/quote]

The regular Contour maybe but, as Tony said, the SVT variant was a great handling little car. In typical SVT fashion, they made a silk purse out of a sows ear.
Old 4/16/06, 01:38 PM
GTR Member

hmm, everyday we see more and more proving that svt is alive and well...to those of you whom I doubted your reliability and the factuality of your statements of svt sticking around, i apologize.
Old 4/16/06, 02:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Read Sharp's post above...
Old 4/16/06, 03:35 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tony Alonso @ April 16, 2006, 3:04 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Read Sharp's post above...
[/b][/quote]
Is that my new nickname? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/what.gif[/img]
Old 4/16/06, 03:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fordracing200 @ April 16, 2006, 3:38 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Is that my new nickname? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/what.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Sorry, I thought your post mentioned something about "what was happening to SVT", so I was pointing Sharp's post. I think my mind has not been focusing well since I saw that Saleen/Parnelli Jones Mustang.

Quick Reply: SVT IS ALIVE AND WELL!