Shelby GT500 video sequence in the Legend movie

Search this Thread

Old 12/13/07, 06:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shelby GT500 video sequence in the Legend movie

Yahoo has the opening sequence of the movie with the GT500.
www.yahoo.com/s/760171
Old 12/13/07, 07:25 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just caught that. Listen to that supercharger whine, baby! Ya!
Old 12/13/07, 09:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you look closely...

the deer have emblems on them...they read Camaro and Challenger!

And why didn't he just hit one with the car?...Oh, yeah... dents!
CAN'T DENT THE MUSTANG.
And I guess it would be hard to get Gieco out to the scene.
Old 12/19/07, 12:41 AM

Thats not the whole scene. The car still has the window sticker on it. Its visable when he rolls it down for the dog. I am assuming that the deleted scene will be him busting the car out of a dealers show room since they filmed the car busting through a glass window.
Old 12/19/07, 02:21 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by mrdci
I am assuming that the deleted scene will be him busting the car out of a dealers show room since they filmed the car busting through a glass window.
Sadly that scene was left on the editing room floor.
Old 12/19/07, 01:26 PM
Bullitt Member

That's some fancy way of hunting deer. Im guessing it was for food and not game
Old 12/19/07, 05:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just saw that movie last night. It is perty good for a remake of a classic. The Shelby scene is by far the best part of the movie.
Old 12/19/07, 08:10 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Silver99v6
I just saw that movie last night. It is perty good for a remake of a classic. The Shelby scene is by far the best part of the movie.
Remake of what classic?
Old 12/19/07, 08:11 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by BLCKNED
That's some fancy way of hunting deer. Im guessing it was for food and not game
Well, I'm gonna guess the "fresh" meat left in Manhattan grocery stores wouldn't be too fresh after three years...so it would be for food, yeah.
Old 12/19/07, 08:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
Remake of what classic?
The Last Man on Earth. I cant remember what year it came out. A few years ago, I went through a phase where I watched nothing but classic horror movies. Most movies today are remakes, especially horror films. And of course the original movie came from the book.
Old 12/19/07, 08:43 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Silver99v6
The Last Man on Earth. I cant remember what year it came out. A few years ago, I went through a phase where I watched nothing but classic horror movies. Most movies today are remakes, especially horror films. And of course the original movie came from the book.
The Last Man on Earth - 1964, starring Vincent Price. This isn't a remake of that movie, it's an interpretation of Richard Matheson's original novella, "I Am Legend".
Old 12/19/07, 09:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
The Last Man on Earth - 1964, starring Vincent Price. This isn't a remake of that movie, it's an interpretation of Richard Matheson's original novella, "I Am Legend".
Yes, but the movies have virtually the same story line. Ill be honest, I don't read many books, I don't watch many movies either. Im just too busy with work and school, but if I had to guess, The Last Man on Earth is probably also an interpretation of the novella also. I probably shouldn't have called it a "remake".
Old 12/20/07, 07:58 AM
Bullitt Member

The first movie version of this book was called "The Omega Man" starring Charlton Heston
Old 12/20/07, 07:47 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by rarecat
The first movie version of this book was called "The Omega Man" starring Charlton Heston
The first movie version of the book was 1964's The Last Man on Earth, starring Vincent Price.

Omega was the second go at it.
Old 12/23/07, 05:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Did anyone else notice the technical inaccuracies in the the shelby scene?

First, I guess the dog was shifting the car as he had a rifle in is right arm and steering with the left.....

Next the dog was not strapped in and just sat there in the passenger seat through the entire 'hunting' sequence.......uh huh.

Also with the window sticker still on the car, I guess we know how long the dealer sat on this car waiting for some sucker to walk in the door and pay the ADM. The 'event' happend in 2009 and the movie took place in 2012. So the car was new on the dealer lot Christmas of 2009. Three years old.

Gas was 6.95/gal in 2009. Could be 2 years from now but I would doubt it. Hollywood envrioweenies again. There are just too many energy technologies that become economicly viable long before $200/barrel. There is no shortage of oil or energy, just a shortage of cheap energy.
Old 12/23/07, 01:29 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by jcthorne
Gas was 6.95/gal in 2009. Could be 2 years from now but I would doubt it. Hollywood envrioweenies again.
Ever seen what most Hollywood types drive? The vast majority DON'T drive hybrids and Smart cars, the vast majority drive Bimmers and Mercedes and Range Rovers.

Also, you seem to have forgotten that Will Smith was driving a Shelby GT500.

Hardly "enviroweenies". Believe me, the set dec person didn't put that much thought into the gas price beyond extrapolating what they were hearing on the news.

There are just too many energy technologies that become economicly viable long before $200/barrel.
I see ZERO evidence of this.
Old 12/25/07, 10:27 AM
Bullitt Member

I see plenty of evidence of this. Real projects, BILLIONS of dollars being spent to develop and put into use. Our business (Engineering and construction for the energy and petrochemical industries) has not been this busy since the late 70s. The industry is spending a bunch of money on technology that was considered way out of reach just a few years ago. I spent the last 4 months in Denver working construction of a ultra high efficiency coal to liquids plant. You can see it if you drive I-270 near Vasquez road and look to the south side of the highway. The price rise of corn is doing amazing things in the ag sector. Lots of turmoil for sure, but change is happening. Fuels will continue to rise in price, but supplies will rise as the price rises too.

Coal to liquid technology is not really new, having been around since WWII. New catlysts and new uses for the high purity off gasses from the process are begining to make it economicly and environmentally feasible. The project I was on was justified on $45 a barrel oil. It ain't ever going to be that low again.....So as long as the environmental issues stay solved, it will go forward to large scale production.

Our company is heavily involved with oil sands and shale oil projects here in the US and in Canada. New technologies for enhanced recovery of oil that is in the ground. Much of it is still down there when a well plays out for natural flow. In some cases more than 70% is still there. Heck even the middle east is begining to use these technologies at the now common price of oil.

I am very optimistic that I will be able to drive my Shelby for many years to come. Not everyone is as pessimistic as Al Gore. Some folks are solving our energy problems while others get Nobel Prizes for telling us how bad our problems are. When the money is there, the problems will get solved. Government or no.
Old 12/25/07, 10:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Saw this movie last weekend, i have never seen such an intense movie! GT500 was a good part but i wish it would have had more action. Atleast he was driving a Ford throughout the rest of the movie though.
Old 12/25/07, 12:57 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Airwolf
... i have never seen such an intense movie!
Its intensity was greatly assisted by the deafening sound effects.
Old 12/25/07, 03:58 PM
Closet American

I see plenty of evidence of this. Real projects, BILLIONS of dollars being spent to develop and put into use. Our business (Engineering and construction for the energy and petrochemical industries) has not been this busy since the late 70s. The industry is spending a bunch of money on technology that was considered way out of reach just a few years ago. I spent the last 4 months in Denver working construction of a ultra high efficiency coal to liquids plant. You can see it if you drive I-270 near Vasquez road and look to the south side of the highway. The price rise of corn is doing amazing things in the ag sector. Lots of turmoil for sure, but change is happening. Fuels will continue to rise in price, but supplies will rise as the price rises too.

Coal to liquid technology is not really new, having been around since WWII. New catlysts and new uses for the high purity off gasses from the process are begining to make it economicly and environmentally feasible. The project I was on was justified on $45 a barrel oil. It ain't ever going to be that low again.....So as long as the environmental issues stay solved, it will go forward to large scale production.

Our company is heavily involved with oil sands and shale oil projects here in the US and in Canada. New technologies for enhanced recovery of oil that is in the ground. Much of it is still down there when a well plays out for natural flow. In some cases more than 70% is still there. Heck even the middle east is begining to use these technologies at the now common price of oil.

I am very optimistic that I will be able to drive my Shelby for many years to come. Not everyone is as pessimistic as Al Gore. Some folks are solving our energy problems while others get Nobel Prizes for telling us how bad our problems are. When the money is there, the problems will get solved. Government or no.
None of that is a solution. It is a propagation of the same old carbon problem. "Clean coal technology" is an oxymoron packaged as "green" marketing hype.

And corn ethanol is a phony bill of goods for myriad reasons; just like the hybrid nonsense.

Re Al Gore: Except for a few persistent naysayers, there’s a broad public and global consensus that the planet needs to take action against global warming - and not just emissions from cars, but idiotic things like cutting down rainforests in the Amazon, which is a double whammy: it not only burns off carbon itself, but begins to eliminate 20% of the oxygen produced on the planet through the loss of the trees themselves.

The bottom line is that there are no REAL new technologies out there yet that are ready to take over. Electric cars hold the most promise right now as far as eliminating emissions are concerned, but the battery technology needs to evolve for a few more years yet.

Hydrogen power is the ideal solution, but right now it takes more energy to produce than it provides in energy return. This problem may be solved if some of the new biotechnologies that could generate hydrogen through synthesis are successful and capable of being taken to a commercial level.

Quick Reply: Shelby GT500 video sequence in the Legend movie