Oh Really?

Search this Thread

Old 7/9/06, 01:38 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh Really?

Well, you probably have remembered reading in articles by Ford a few months ago, about them de-tuning the Shelby's until they got to the dealer lots. This was supposed to reduce the chance of people in transportation for taking these out for a 'joy ride'. However, they never told us how exactly they were going to de-tune them. Well, over the weekend I ran into a buddy of mine that works for Ford and he told me about a News Bulletin that tells how to de-activate the de-tune. I guess you either have to A) Turn the car on at least 50 times or B) Drive 5 miles without turning the car off to engage more boost from the Supercharger. I know this is not any EARTH-SHATTERING news, but when I heard it, it made me go "hm that’s neat" so perhaps it will do it to you?
Old 7/9/06, 03:50 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lethaljay
Well, you probably have remembered reading in articles by Ford a few months ago, about them de-tuning the Shelby's until they got to the dealer lots. This was supposed to reduce the chance of people in transportation for taking these out for a 'joy ride'. However, they never told us how exactly they were going to de-tune them. Well, over the weekend I ran into a buddy of mine that works for Ford and he told me about a News Bulletin that tells how to de-activate the de-tune. I guess you either have to A) Turn the car on at least 50 times or B) Drive 5 miles without turning the car off to engage more boost from the Supercharger. I know this is not any EARTH-SHATTERING news, but when I heard it, it made me go "hm that’s neat" so perhaps it will do it to you?
Nice to see that Ford has faith in their transportation contractors.
Old 7/10/06, 10:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Probably nothing, but it makes me wonder if the cars the guys got to test for their articles (ie car and driver, motortrend, etc) were 'detuned' and if they tested them that way. I'm sure they were driven more than the required 5 miles, but perhaps not without having stopped and turned off as was required.

Just a thought.
Old 7/10/06, 10:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by b_btrick
Probably nothing, but it makes me wonder if the cars the guys got to test for their articles (ie car and driver, motortrend, etc) were 'detuned' and if they tested them that way. I'm sure they were driven more than the required 5 miles, but perhaps not without having stopped and turned off as was required.

Just a thought.
I'm sure that was turned off. Ford would never let them out that way and the numbers would be ever worse.
Old 7/10/06, 02:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by bpmurr
I'm sure that was turned off. Ford would never let them out that way and the numbers would be ever worse.

Thats why I was wondering about it, because the numbers didnt seem to quite live up to expectations. I thought perhaps that someone had forgotten to retune? them the way they are supposed to be. Of course thats assuming (no comments please ... lol) they were detuned to begin with.
Old 7/12/06, 04:07 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
Nice to see that Ford has faith in their transportation contractors.
It happens very often. Some SOB took my Bullitt for a 12 mile joy ride, I tell you, it doesn't go down to good. It feels like someone stole something from you. It must have been written all over my face because the sales manager and the service manager came over and begged me not to do anything.

That is why it is not a good idea to carry a concealed weapon.

Old 7/13/06, 08:09 PM
GTR Member

hahahah!