My, my, my! GT500 owners are so sensitive!

Search this Thread

Old 7/17/07 | 07:28 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

My, my, my! GT500 owners are so sensitive!

The ones that are selling, that is.

I've been searching for either a new or a low mileage GT500. In my search I've come across some really uptight individuals, many easily offended by "reasonable offers" on Top Of The World GT500. Tirades usually follow, many lamenting on the price they paid.

Welcome to the world of Mustang depreciation!

I asked one if he would accept the amount of the original "MSRP"... KAABOOM! What I think he heard was that I called him a SOB, that his wife was a HO, and his kids were on drugs. Abbreviations can be so confusing!

I am under the impression frustration is beginning to sink in about the fact that the outrageous prices were not going to last eternally.

Well, its time to get back to my search andl use some of my rollover minutes.

Old 7/17/07 | 07:30 PM
I lust for a M24

Good luck on your search. Have fun.
Old 7/17/07 | 08:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
The ones that are selling, that is.

I've been searching for either a new or a low mileage GT500. In my search I've come across some really uptight individuals, many easily offended by "reasonable offers" on Top Of The World GT500. Tirades usually follow, many lamenting on the price they paid.

Welcome to the world of Mustang depreciation!

I asked one if he would accept the amount of the original "MSRP"... KAABOOM! What I think he heard was that I called him a SOB, that his wife was a HO, and his kids were on drugs. Abbreviations can be so confusing!

I am under the impression frustration is beginning to sink in about the fact that the outrageous prices were not going to last eternally.

Well, its time to get back to my search andl use some of my rollover minutes.

You mean they aren't always going to be worth $25,000 over sticker?
Old 7/17/07 | 08:57 PM
Bullitt Member

I was at the dealer last weekend (Lithia in Fresno, CA). A guy was just picking up a black one. It was the third GT500 they had sold that week, all for $10,000 over list. On the other hand there was the "California Concept" Mustang, basically a Grabber Orange pseudo-Boss with stock engine and automatic trans which they have priced higher than the GT500 MSRP. It's been gathering dust for about 8 months.
Old 7/18/07 | 06:41 AM
Bullitt Member

People don't like being reminded of questionable decisions they may have made in the past....

I know I don't...
Old 7/18/07 | 07:08 AM
Team Mustang Source

You know the owner of Modular Fords.com is selling his GT500, white with blue stripes 4k miles for $48k I think
Old 7/18/07 | 07:16 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

The best price I personally know of that a 2007 GT500 sold at !.. was $52.000 grand out the door !
Old 7/18/07 | 09:05 AM

I came across a used one, with about 5k miles, and the guy wanted 55k firm.
Old 7/18/07 | 09:08 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Why are you lookiing for another one george? looking for a different color combo?

Or were you going to buy me one for my birthday?
Old 7/18/07 | 09:09 AM
NTTAWWT

The markups are absolutely rediculous. The local Ford dealer Hub Ford (prev. Horne Ford) had a Red GT500 in their showroom one night, when I went by to look at this other Mustang. I went back two days later, and the guy told me someone from Florida ordered it from the factory, and paid somewhere around 80k.
Old 7/18/07 | 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Knight
Why are you looking for another one?
Because the BULLITT seems like it won't satisfy my taste buds. I like the white but that's for sunny days and weekends. I still would like a Torch Red or a darker color for a daily driver.

Besides, I don't want to be a riser forever.

Old 7/18/07 | 11:04 PM
V6 Member

Bob Baker Ford in SD sold 2 for 50,600 in 2 days.
Old 7/19/07 | 08:58 AM

I went to the dealership last night and they were ridiculous. They were like why would we take any less that 20k over when we've already sold 2 for that. It didn't matter that I bought my Stang there and sent them more business including my dad to buy his truck. I told them they are getting outsold on Ebay and that's just stupid. I think I insulted them when I told them my car was faster and lighter and much cheaper. Oh well I still want a black with Tungsten stripes so if anyone knows of a good deal on one of those let me know.
Old 7/19/07 | 09:38 AM
GT Member

StangMahn....you may find this interesting...Hub Ford in Florence SC has a RED/WHITE GT 500 advertised on auto trader.com for 52,500....with 312 miles....
After several e-mails to the "manager"...."Greg".....most of my questions were not answered about the specifics on this particular vehicle etc...
However, I made an honest offer to pay MSRP and promised to wire the money ASAP if they would consider faxing me an agreement etc...
The reply was that "they" have forwarded my offer the the "owner" and he replied that he would accept 50K "today only".....futher more the manager explanied that the the owner had paid MSRP himself etc......I of course replied with my original offer and never asked him to clarify what he meant by saying "owner"....because the carfax showed only 2 auction purchases....and a clear title.

I have been searching for a GT500 for MSRP for weeks now and most of the replies that I have recieved are completely offended by my offer of MSRP.
Its amazing to me how anyone, dealer or individual, would make a speculative investment in any vehicle knowing its the #1 depreciating assest in the world....but thats whats happening. Im sure I will find a GT500 at MSRP eventually...but I suspect the "owner" will not be smiling about it.....
Just like the 03/04 Mach1's and the 03/04 Cobra's in particular will begin to fall to reasonable prices when the new model year is released.......like now.
Old 7/19/07 | 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by 2006GT500
... They were like why would we take any less that 20k over when we've already sold 2 for that...
Saying they sold two for $20K ove is one thing, actually doing so is another. Dealers don't want the party to end. eBay has been a measuring stick for dealers' sales pitches until recently but it is no longer convenient to even mention it. GT500s are selling for a lot less than the dealers' asking prices or ads get reposted by dealers who want to keep their hopes up.
Old 7/22/07 | 10:30 PM

GT500 Saga... the search continues!

Lying can be embarrassing and sometimes a bit upsetting.

Couple of weeks ago I visited a dealer who was incredibly offended I offered MSRP for his $20K over GT500. I left, no harm done, I still had my jaw in one piece and to my surprise, no black eyes.

Then yesterday I discovered a GT500 with the same unique options and by a miraculous coincidence, the same vin number, at a different dealer in a different city. Sooooooooooo, I decided to call the "offended party".

It went down like this:

... Hello so and so, how are you? This is George, I stopped by a few weeks back and looked at the black GT500, I drove a blue Honda, remember?
- Oh, yes George, now I remember.

... Is it still available?
- No, it's been sold.

... Oh, really? Did you get what you were asking for it?
- Every penny!

... Wow! That's incredible! Congratulations! And selling it to your sister dealer for that much money must have really made your day.

<silence>

... Perhaps they will also be willing to buy the black Shelby GT for the $10K over you are asking. Well, have nice day!
- CLICK!!!

Old 7/23/07 | 08:31 AM

^^^ That's good stuff. I think the main reason that these guys are getting so offended is because they know they got themselves into a bad spot. I've been reading where more and more people are buying GT500's at sticker and with '08's coming out I think the prices are going to start coming down on the '07's. I'd love to get an '08 with some of the new options but I'll take an '07 for sticker if I can find one. My dad even stopped and looked at one this weekend where the dealer admitted that he probably got in over his head when he bought the GT500 they had as he feels that the market for the '07's is going to go soft soon.

By the way the official production numbers for the '07's were posted and there were 10,xxx made. Quite a few more than they originally thought were going to be made.
Old 7/24/07 | 12:19 PM
The Analog Admin!

What Three Letters Guarantee a Topic full of Hate and Discontent?

ADM

{ Can't We All Just Get along!}
Rodney King

{That's all I Have to say about that!}
Forest Gump

LOL!

MGB!

KC
Old 7/24/07 | 12:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

good luck on your search!!
don't give up
Old 7/24/07 | 12:41 PM
Post *****

Way to go George, way to go. You have no idea how proud I am that I know the person that did that lol

Quick Reply: My, my, my! GT500 owners are so sensitive!