Is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 8/24/07, 07:29 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it just me?

I am ready, willing and able to order my 08 GT-500 just as soon as I find that preverbably great deal.......... I sent out a few emails over the course of this week and got one froma dealer that kinda rubbed me the wrong way....... here's a quote from the email.....

"Do you know that I have other dealerships across the country that we turn down at $10,000.00 over sticker even at $12,500.00 over sticker, what makes you believe that you are that special that you can get a car that is a collectors piece before it arrives at the price you want to pay? "

All I asked for was if he could do better than offer I already had from another dealer, granted I don't beleive I would have gotten the same response If I had been there in person.

Anyone else out there that has tried to deal from via email that has recieved the same response?
Old 8/25/07, 02:16 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
wow...what a jerk. My local dealer already sold all thier allocations...all for sticker. I got an email syaing that they could get one from another dealer, but thery will charge them (my dealer) ADM just to get it to sell it to me....they then have no other chioce but to pass that expense on the the buyer...looks like I missed out.
Old 8/25/07, 03:26 PM
GT Member

You know I can understand your dealer charging the extra charge on the last one he could get for you....... but I don't understand how FORD can stand by and let these dealers do what they do, then you find a jerk, punk salesman that tries to belittle someone that he may think has no means of buying at car at this price........

Would you try to track down this guys manager, district manager or maybe even the Ford cusomer service and file some type of complaint?

Sorry for the rant, just still alittle chapped over this...........
Old 8/25/07, 05:25 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Spider
... Would you try to track down this guys manager, district manager or maybe even the Ford cusomer service and file some type of complaint?
It would be a waste of time. From whom do you think dealers get advice?

On the bright side, it is not difficult to understand the roots of their arrogance has a lot to do with frustration. Anyone who visits dealers regularly will notice any of their vehicles with the exception of the GT500, can be had for the price one wants.

A friend of mine resently purchased a fully optioned 2008 diesel 4 x 4 F250 for $500 under invoice and got the excellent condition trade-in-value for his 2007 4 x 4 F150 with 16K miles. I had told him if he wanted another Ford the dealers were ripe to have every single drop of blood squeezed out of them, and he did. The local dealer had declined his offer but a dealer 30 miles away took the bait. He told me the sales manager did not look like a happy camper. Then he called the salesman he had been dealing with for years at the local dealer and thank him for his efforts. He got two dealers for the price of one.

Old 8/27/07, 07:24 PM
Cobra Member

hat quote is outragous... Makes me want to punch him in the face
Old 8/27/07, 07:53 PM
GT Member

Thats exactly how I felt as well !!!! ......... As Marcel said in Pulp Fiction......... I am about to mid-evil on your A..
Old 8/27/07, 08:41 PM
GT Member

Why would they turn down offers for 10-12K over MSRP for their GT500's? It seems to me that if they are still sitting in the showroom nobody's biting on them. Pure ignorance.
Old 8/28/07, 02:05 PM
GT Member

I suppose Its the games people play........ but still, all I asked for was a quote. I didn't asked to be belittled. I personally think this was a punk kid with zero class and just out of school with no respect for anyone that could be considered a CUSTOMER!
Old 8/28/07, 06:52 PM
GT Member

I would go to the dealership and ask to speak with him. He doesn't know you, so when he greets you get in his face and rattle his cage. It would give you some satisfaction for sure.
Old 8/28/07, 07:44 PM
Cobra Member

hey I'm a punk kid and I still would never say that to a customer.
Old 8/28/07, 07:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ford makes a big deal on those dealer eval cards they "need" you to fill out after a purchase. They allocate cars like the GT500 to locations that get back all good replies. Find someone who recently bought a car from that dealership and show them the original reply from that sales guy. Shoot, for that matter, print out the darn thing 100 times and put it on all the new car windshields on a Sunday morning! Monday his supervisors will be fumed. No better way to tell him to go to hell!
Old 8/29/07, 08:31 AM
GT Member

Good Idea......

Thats a good Idea Shaun, but I don't live anywhere close to where this dealer is located......... but I am in contact and corresponding emails and phone calls with the customer relations department over this matter....... So I'll keep you guys updated!
Old 8/31/07, 07:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'd forward that email to the manager of the dealer.

OR I'd respond with a nasty email saying something to the effect that you KNOW you are SPECIAL cuz you're a F-in CUSTOMER. You're special because it's people like us that pay his salary and put food on his F-in table.
Old 8/31/07, 07:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
It would be a waste of time. From whom do you think dealers get advice?

If the dealership cares about its customers it wouldnt be a waste of time. The more customers it P.O's the less business it does. It would be in their best interests to employ well mannered salesman(unlike this dude).

and if it did nothin, maybe it would make you feel good chewing him out in front of his co-workers.
Old 8/31/07, 11:30 AM
Bullitt Member

It's just a typical sales ploy. Get you riled up and get you to act out of emotion and not logic. But, you don't have to like it and I don't either. If I was buying I'd eat his frigging lunch.
Old 8/31/07, 08:57 PM
GT Member

Update on unprofessional e-mail

Well after I read this e-mail to my wife, i saw a new side of her. Due to her line of business, she has to deal with a..holes all the time. So on Monday morning, she called Southway Ford's General Manager and, of course, he was not available. Then because she was not getting anywhere trying that route first, she called Ford Motor Corporate's customer dispute line and spoke to a gentleman, who asked her to send the e-mail to him and he would file a complaint with the dealership. In that e-mail she stated my side of the story of how this would be our four ford vehicle and our second mustang, we are professionals, and deserve respect.

Then I received an e-mail for Ford Corp, asking for me to contact the general manager. So of course she wanted to try to call again, this time she got a hold of him and he wanted to see the e-mail himself and also said to her that it was unacceptable. She did not hear back from him at all, so today she e-mailed him the following message:

I am e-mailing you to give you an update on our progress. Because of your salesman’s response to us, there have been several other postings regarding your dealership’s attitude as a whole and other people’s experiences with your salespeople. Therefore I hope by us bring this to your attention, you will take this opportunity to improve your customer relations. Thank you!

So we are interested to see if this e-mail will get a response, probably not!

It is so awesome to have a wife that will help me achieve my dream car!