i drove a shelby yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 8/29/06, 05:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good luck with your new shelby, post some pictures !!! go to auto geek.com for good tips and products so it will shine?
Old 8/29/06, 07:14 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Judy... I think if you read a lot of posts about the Shelby on this board you'll find that a lot of people ARE angry about the whole situation with ADMs etc.

But virtually any other place on this board you won't run into that. This particular thread dealt with a dealer and someone who worked at a dealership so yes... there were people who were annoyed / angry.

As for your question. There is a "Car Care" section on the forum that deals with washing / waxing etc. So you'll probably be better off posting your question there.

I would recommend Zaino. Do a search on the "Car Care" section and you'll find plenty of info about your question.

Welcome to the forums
Old 8/29/06, 07:32 PM
Cobra Member

Judy,

Welcome! I but that shelby is amazing.... pics!!!!
Old 8/30/06, 02:29 PM
Banned

One of these days...

I'll post pics in my Shelby shaking my pom poms.

I've never had bad relations with a dealership. I realize that I am the one in control when I walk in there and I can walk out as easily as I walked in. I have found that most of them are straight with me once they realize that I am being straight with them. If they don't, then I leave. It's that simple.

As for ADM's I can't blame someone, anyone, for trying to get the most money when ever they sell anything. I know some of you will disagree, but don't you do the same thing?
Old 8/30/06, 03:48 PM
Cobra Member

Read through the MANY MANY posts on this subject... I'm sure you'll find all the points of view you can handle.

This is a subject that's been beaten to death and to be honest I wish there wasn't one more thread about it because obviously there are people that feel one way and people that feel another and it sure doesn't look like either will be changing their minds anytime soon.

But to respond to your question since you asked... for me, and many others here, it has nothing to do with dealerships wanting to get more money. I could care less. If they can find someone to pay their ADM good for them.

The problem I have is when they treat their loyal Ford customer base badly because they've got this "hot" car that they think is so great you should beg to get one. I don't care what product it is... cars, tvs, whatever... if a company, salesman, or in this case-- dealership treats me poorly I will NEVER give them my business. And I certainly want to know of anyone's poor experience so that I can avoid that company, salesman, or dealership because there simply is no excuse for it.
Old 8/30/06, 04:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by shelby_sez
I'll post pics in my Shelby shaking my pom poms.

I've never had bad relations with a dealership. I realize that I am the one in control when I walk in there and I can walk out as easily as I walked in. I have found that most of them are straight with me once they realize that I am being straight with them. If they don't, then I leave. It's that simple.

As for ADM's I can't blame someone, anyone, for trying to get the most money when ever they sell anything. I know some of you will disagree, but don't you do the same thing?

Waaaaiiiiiiiitt......

wait for it.....

its coming ....

and

THERE IT IS!

I couldn't resist!

welcome. Don't let the bitterness and cynicism deter you, this is usually a great board with mostly great people, with a few exceptions...
Old 8/31/06, 09:50 AM
Banned

But pookums ...

Originally Posted by Imatk
The problem I have is when they treat their loyal Ford customer base badly because they've got this "hot" car that they think is so great you should beg to get one.
Please tell me how it SHOULD be handled in your mind and i might shake my pom poms for you. XOXOXOXOXO.

Old 8/31/06, 10:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

How bout some pics of you and the Shelby?
Old 8/31/06, 10:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Please tell me how it SHOULD be handled in your mind and i might shake my pom poms for you. XOXOXOXOXO.

If I had a nickel for every time a woman said that to me ...
Old 8/31/06, 10:38 AM
Banned

I'll show you mine if you show me yours!
Old 8/31/06, 11:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

My what...nickel, pom poms, or Shelby??! I dont have a Shelby. But I do have an 06 GT
Old 8/31/06, 11:20 AM
Cobra Member

That's quite a snide remark actually... and you came here complaining about people on this board being angry?

Are you looking for an arguement? If so perhaps you should get a hobby.

As for how I personally think a salesman, or business / dealership should behave...

Well, if you happen to be in sales of some sort and you don't know how to behave in order to get repeat business and happy customers then I would recommend you go into a different field.

If you have to ask an anonymous person on an internet board how to do your job you should definately look into other work.... maybe a fisherman? Or woman? Or perhaps there's a bright future for you in the railroad industry?

Good luck

P.S. your remarks sure do seem very similar to the guy that just got banned here.... interesting...
Old 8/31/06, 11:26 AM
Banned

Snide comment? Wow! I'm only asking you to defend your statement. Take it easy big boy or no pom poms for you.
Old 8/31/06, 12:32 PM
Cobra Member

wait.... whats going on.... we're still talkin about a shelby right?
Old 8/31/06, 01:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Snide comment? Wow! I'm only asking you to defend your statement. Take it easy big boy or no pom poms for you.
Old 8/31/06, 07:02 PM
Cobra Member

And I did... and I shall die with a hollow feeling wishing that I had pom poms... oh the missed opportunity.... *sigh*
Old 8/31/06, 08:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

I keep seing people who say they have GT500s but never have any pics...

IHAVEATHUMBUPMYWHAT? never posted any pics of his "Shelby" did he??

I bet it was an 80's charger!
Old 9/1/06, 07:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Imatk
Hi Judy... I think if you read a lot of posts about the Shelby on this board you'll find that a lot of people ARE angry about the whole situation with ADMs etc.

But virtually any other place on this board you won't run into that. This particular thread dealt with a dealer and someone who worked at a dealership so yes... there were people who were annoyed / angry.

As for your question. There is a "Car Care" section on the forum that deals with washing / waxing etc. So you'll probably be better off posting your question there.

I would recommend Zaino. Do a search on the "Car Care" section and you'll find plenty of info about your question.

Welcome to the forums
Welcome to The Mustang Source, Judy !

You will find great knowledge in here and the "arguements" are usually educational.

As for the Shelby GT500 wax job --- i have three coats of Zaino on my Angel and she is glowing already - it is very easy to use - relatively fast to apply and makes the car easier to clean. I put it on her rims too and it makes them so much easier to keep clean. And be sure you do a good wash and claybar job prior to the first application of wax to get the paint at it's cleanest. Even a new car straight from the Factory needs a claybar.

A friend coaxed me into trying Zaino on my Redfire Roush and she was a show winner everywhere - Mineral Grey Roush is as well.
Attached Thumbnails i drove a shelby yesterday-angel-frt.jpg   i drove a shelby yesterday-angel-top.jpg  
Old 9/1/06, 09:58 AM
Cobra Member

Beautiful car
Old 9/1/06, 12:10 PM

Wow, what a read this thread is!

If you guys think that 2x sticker ADM is bad...I got a story for you:

Back in the day out of high school I worked at a body shop that primarily catered to new cars and dealers that sold 'em. There was a Lincoln Mercury dealer that seemed to hire car hikers that loved crashing the new cars. I was amazed at the 'additional dealer profit' stickers for a couple grand on such collectables as Grand Marquis and Town Car. Amazing.

Quick Reply: i drove a shelby yesterday