i drove a shelby yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 8/23/06, 07:22 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
come on guys.....be good...I know you dont want people here that are trying to get you to buy something that is inflated $30,000...but like we've been working on before....think of nicer ways to say things..What do you think God thinks of how you're acting right now?

Don't flame me for mentioning God
Old 8/23/06, 07:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts
Yeah I'm not surprised the bids are that high. My dealer just got a TG with silver stripes and it got sold and taken away this week when the guy OFFERED $75k! I know they're great cars but this is rediculous! If you just wait a year or two they'll go for their actual sticker price.
Old 8/23/06, 11:19 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with HOTLAP, I'd like to hear more from the guy that actually drove the Shelby and what it was like! The way I see it, every ******* that buys one of these Shelbys for 30k over sticker is one more Shelby closer to MSRP.... wait, that doesn't make sense... lol but yall know what i mean, I just can't wait for these things to go down to MSRP

O and if you flame someone for mentioning God.... theres something seriously wrong with you...
Old 8/24/06, 06:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wow....Im just going to respond to my reaction to the post from the Shelbyhater guy. He responded to a thread by a forum member on Tuesday in which the member posted a thread about the terrible way he was treated at a dealer. It was like Tom or Mike something Ford. Sorry I do not know the exact name and the thread must have gotten way out of control later in the night because it was gone the next day. The guy just told his story of how he was treated like a POS and IMO he didnt say anything childish he just stated the facts of his trip. Then this Ihaveashelbyandyoudont person responded by saying that it was his Shelby that was at the dealer and called the person making the thread names and acted like a 4 yr old. So some people deducted that this guy was a salesperson at said dealeership since one person recognized the guys name from the dealer. Anyway, the same guy....shelby guy....then responds to this particular thread again trying to start sh*t. Lameo. Needs to grow up. If the owner of his dealership saw this I would like to thik the guy would get an a*s reaming. If the owner didnt care thats says alot. If someone recalls the name of the dealership please post it. I would love to see someone at Ford seeing it and making a call to the guys boss.
As for my criticism of the original poster my personal feeling was the guy was drumming up business for his dealer with his Shelby story. One second the car is sold at price A and the next it is lower. Then the whole "if I had the $$ I wouldnt even question it"....ok sorry for being a little distrustful but I call BS when I see it. Ill keep it to myself from now on. I deal with people like this all day and I have no tolerance for them.
Lastly, how the heck do we interject God into this thread? We have enough issues without adding to the mix. And no I am not an anti-god person.
Old 8/24/06, 07:14 AM

But Webba, what if the guy doesn't work for a Ford dealer? What if he was just defending a dealer that he had a good experience with? He never said he worked for the dealer, someone said that because his name was the same as someone who worked there, it must be the same. "Steve" is a fairly common name.
Old 8/24/06, 07:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yep, you are right. So as I said I will keep my opinions to myself. Of course lets also dismiss what many of you did not see or fail to care about. The fact he came on here, signed up for these boards, and attacked someone who posted his experience at said dealer. The guy didnt say anything derogatory. He said he was treated like a kid was told in so many words he couldnt afford the car and they said to him too bad you cant have one of these. Those arent the exact words mind you but I dont have the post. So anyway, I will keep my opinion to myself. I too would love to hear from someone who owns or has driven the Shelby. I just wish there was one we actually knew who did.......
Old 8/24/06, 08:19 AM
Banned

I can tell you that even with the trac-control on, the rear end gets squirrely under hard accel. I can tell you that the supercharger whine is louder than the exhaust on accel. I can tell you that it turns heads.

I can tell you that I bought it from a reputable dealer that I've been very happy with for sales and service for the past 5 years. Not all dealers are bad. I don't work there either. Don't judge anyone in the car business until you've sold cars yourself for at least a year because you really don't know what you're talking about until you do. I did sell for another Ford Dealer for 7 years so I speak from experience.

It just angers me when people call dealers crooks for trying to get fair market value for a limited production vehicle. They are not doing anything any different than the guy who comes in to trade his car, get fair market value. It's called good old fashioned horse trading. The last vestige of its kind. If someone doesn't want to horse trade then they should go buy a Saturn.
Old 8/24/06, 08:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

The guy didnt call you or anyone a crook. He said he was treated like a POS. He was taking in his dad's explorer for service work. You came on and called him a kid and threw it in his face that he didnt have a shelby and you suposedly did. I wish the thread was still open as it would clear up alot of the misconceptions. And the one doing the name calling was you. read your posts if you cant remember. Hell look at your member name. You are pompous or certainly come off that way. You think because you have a Shelby you are better than anyone else. If you do indeed have one. Next you will be unzipping your pants trying to have a length contest. Grow up. The majority of people on these boards are Ford and Mustang enthusiasts. The amount of $$ you make or have doesnt make you better than anyone else. It amazes me how some people who have $$ act. And then others you woudlnt know they do.
Old 8/25/06, 10:02 AM
Banned

Webba's hypocrisy

Originally Posted by Webba
The guy didnt call you or anyone a crook. He said he was treated like a POS. He was taking in his dad's explorer for service work. You came on and called him a kid and threw it in his face that he didnt have a shelby and you suposedly did. I wish the thread was still open as it would clear up alot of the misconceptions. And the one doing the name calling was you. read your posts if you cant remember. Hell look at your member name. You are pompous or certainly come off that way. You think because you have a Shelby you are better than anyone else. If you do indeed have one. Next you will be unzipping your pants trying to have a length contest. Grow up. The majority of people on these boards are Ford and Mustang enthusiasts. The amount of $$ you make or have doesnt make you better than anyone else. It amazes me how some people who have $$ act. And then others you woudlnt know they do.
I think it should be legally OK to kick a sales person right square in the ***** for saying such BS like that clown did. Must be another Bold Moves thing....
Now look who's calling names and advocating violence against salespeople. Especially after you said you would keep your opinions to yourself! Read YOUR OWN posts. Are you Webba because you cant afford more than one Webber? I'm outta here for good.

Post edited for content
Old 8/25/06, 10:11 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by IHAVEASHELBYANDYOUDONT
Now look who's calling names and advocating violence against salespeople. Especially after you said you would keep your opinions to yourself! Read YOUR OWN posts. Are you Webba because you cant afford more than one Webber? I'm outta here for good.
Old 8/25/06, 11:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

ROTFLMAOPMP...apparently he cannot comprehend sarcasm when he reads it. And the post was probably a week ago, well before my current opinion statement. Regardless, I dont advocate violence against sales people, just moron sales people or any other moron for that matter. Anyway, come back if you can get over yourself. Enjoy that Shelby you dont have this weekend too.......(sarcasm if you cant pick up on it)
Old 8/25/06, 03:20 PM
V6 Member

Now look who's calling names and advocating violence against salespeople. Especially after you said you would keep your opinions to yourself! Read YOUR OWN posts. Are you Webba because you cant afford more than one Webber? and I'm outta here for good.
Post Edited for content
Old 8/26/06, 11:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by drmustang
"Loosers"? Look at your screen name pal, who's the Looser?
Yeah, his screen i.d is the most childish, and pompous name you can imagine. He has no idea about being an enthusiast. Most likely he will trade the car in as soon as the Challenger, or the next hot, limited production "it" car comes in. And most likely pay way over sticker for that when it reaches market too. I hate these types of people, who think their *&^% don't stink, just because they have money. Time to get a reality check there dude! People like this Jacka$$ made me leave the FCA (Ferrari Club of America). While I don't have one, I love exotics, and love seeing these cars in person, hence why I joined, to see the shows. I just got tired of going to some of the shows, and everyone there was just so full of themselves, I felt like I needed a shower when I left. They never wanted to chat with the "lower class", the real enthusiasts, who's passion comes from the heart, and not bought. Glad I didn't renew the membership. For 1 year of FCA, equals 6 years of MCA, and its the best move I ever did. People are way more pleasant, friendly and just more fun to be around. I hate richy rich atitudes. If he is leaving the boards for good, Bon Voyage! You won't be missed.

In closing, if he really has his GT500, where are the pics? Hey "Ihave", post some pics to disprove the doubt. If your not up for pics, then I guess we have our answer.

Sorry for the long post, but people like this really get my skin crawling. I hate pompous, snotty, snobby people.
Old 8/27/06, 06:14 AM
Banned

You forgot wannabe's! By the way, what the heck is an enthusiast, especially if you don't even own the car?

This hasn't been the first time I've asked you to watch your language...
Old 8/27/06, 07:39 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Exclamation

It just angers me when people call dealers crooks for trying to get fair market value for a limited production vehicle.
Technically... ALL mustangs are limited production.
They limit how many they make, they are limited to around 130-160,000 a year.
But how limited is the shelby, considering they will make over 8,000 a year for 2-3 years. Not really THAT limited.
The Bullitt was more limited, and the Cobra R's even MORE so at only 300.

The dealers that I have problems with are the ones that promise people a set price, and sell it under them or turn around and ask for this 'market adjusted value'

I do however agree, that buyers who DO bite on the MAV... have no one to blame but themselves. You know the saying about a fool and his money.

But I will guarentee you this, just like in the past... the fools will be gone after their spend their cash... and a lot of the cars will be sitting on lots.

For anyone who got it at a reasonable price.... congrats to you.

There are polite ways of getting points across... its a shame that you have to resport to flaming and name calling.

It stops here.
Old 8/27/06, 07:39 AM
Cobra Member

You forgot wannabe's! By the way, what the heck is an enthusiast, especially if you don't even own the car?
why should i or anyone else have to own a car to be an enthusiast...if there were not people like us who have a passion for cars like the mustang and shelby`s as well as other makes and model`s they would not be worth a dime.... they would hold no value....and if there were not people like us there would be no mustang no shelby.you would be driving a probe right now.........it`s people like us that saved and hold true the reasons muscle cars and hot rods ...heck even rat rods exists.......cause of our passion for cars...old and new...and to me you come off like someone that thinks there better than everyone one here......your not...wake up a smell the roses pal.........
Old 8/27/06, 11:53 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you Boomer
Old 8/28/06, 06:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ditto Boomer
Old 8/28/06, 10:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wow....Im just going to respond to my reaction to the post from the Shelbyhater guy. He responded to a thread by a forum member on Tuesday in which the member posted a thread about the terrible way he was treated at a dealer. It was like Tom or Mike something Ford. Sorry I do not know the exact name and the thread must have gotten way out of control later in the night because it was gone the next day. The guy just told his story of how he was treated like a POS and IMO he didnt say anything childish he just stated the facts of his trip. Then this Ihaveashelbyandyoudont person responded by saying that it was his Shelby that was at the dealer and called the person making the thread names and acted like a 4 yr old. So some people deducted that this guy was a salesperson at said dealeership since one person recognized the guys name from the dealer. Anyway, the same guy....shelby guy....then responds to this particular thread again trying to start sh*t. Lameo. Needs to grow up. If the owner of his dealership saw this I would like to thik the guy would get an a*s reaming. If the owner didnt care thats says alot. If someone recalls the name of the dealership please post it. I would love to see someone at Ford seeing it and making a call to the guys boss.
As for my criticism of the original poster my personal feeling was the guy was drumming up business for his dealer with his Shelby story. One second the car is sold at price A and the next it is lower. Then the whole "if I had the $$ I wouldnt even question it"....ok sorry for being a little distrustful but I call BS when I see it. Ill keep it to myself from now on. I deal with people like this all day and I have no tolerance for them.
Lastly, how the heck do we interject God into this thread? We have enough issues without adding to the mix. And no I am not an anti-god person.

The dealer was Mike Shad Ford at the Avenues in Jacksonville, Florida.

I was driving by, spotted the Shelby from the road and pulled in to take a look.

My main gripe was that the they were asking $20K over MSRP (which apparently someone was willing to pay) and couldn't even be bothered to type up the extra sticker on which they listed the $20K mark-up. Instead it appeared that the dealer was in such a hurry and tripping over itself to get the $20K sticker on the car and get their money that they wrote it out in chicken scratch.

Then as I stood shaking my head in disbelief, some employee comes by mentioning something like don't you wish you could buy it, and don't drool on it.. or some such similar. The probklem with that was not the words, but the condescending tone.

I am a professional with a very good white collar job. However, I look exceptionally younger than I am. When coupled with the fact that my daily driver is a 95 nissan 4-banger that gets stellar gas mileage, I understandably don't exactly seem "Shelby able" customer. Even if I am wearing the suit I wear to work everday.

To me, the response I engender from dealers is very telling of their customer service. If I am not wearing my work dress clothes, I can appear even younger. If I am treated poorly, then I will not purchase from such a dealer when I purchase.

The point of my post was that this dealer is one which i will not be purchasing from, for both what I perceive to be disproportionate greed re the Shelby and the poor customer service that I have experienced firsthand at the dealer on several occasions over the past several years.

Whether the guy bought the car or not was not the point of my post and I could care less frankly. Nor was my point to express envy or jealousy. The car is nice, but I like many others have, become somewhat disenchanted with it over time. That's not to say I wouldn't buy one if given the opportunity to do so at MSRP. I'd think about it for sure. But no way for $20K over. Even with the Shelby name, i do not consider the car to be collectible in the same manner as real shelbys of yore or in the same league as a C6 Z06 or a 911 or most other vehicles you can purchase for $65K+. Its a mustang, period. Don't misinterpret that statement, as I am certainly a fan (enthusiast!!!!) and have been on these boards for years, but the car is what it is, and that's it.

That guy is a tool. I hope I see his shelby in a parking lot sometime.

And the car was a blue/white coupe. It looked very nice, but definitely appeared to sit very high. My. $.02.
Old 8/29/06, 04:06 PM
Banned

Hi Boys

I'm new to the forum and it seems everyone here is angry at something or another. I just bought a new Shelby and was hoping to make some friends. Does anybody know how to properly wash and wax it and what type of wash and wax and applicators are best.

Thanks Boys!
Judy

Quick Reply: i drove a shelby yesterday