i drove a shelby yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/06, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking i drove a shelby yesterday

hey everybody i am new to this forum. i just wanted to let you all know that i work at a ford dealer in murray utah and we received our shelby yesterday it is the first one in utah . it is red w/ white stripes i am the one who gets to do the PDI's on all the new cars so it was me who had the priveledge to PDI this one. let just say that for those of you that are buying one you wont be dissapointed it was so much fun to drive everybody on the road got whiplash trying to see it going down the road even the coppers. the sticker price was $45k & some change but my dealer is taking the highest bit which is currently @ about $75k but if i had the money i would pay it no questions asked. i am going to take some pics of it today if it is not sold allready.
Old 8/1/06, 07:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Must have been fun to drive it. If you had the money and bought it you would complete the age old addage "a fool & his money are soon parted". You wont find too many people on these forums willing to be raped like dealerships such as your employer. Anyway thats for the story. Please leave a tub of KY in the glove box for the customer who buys the Shelby. He will need it.
Old 8/1/06, 10:49 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm sure thats the good hearted response he was looking for. Just be happy for the guy and stop bashing dealers because they have a popular car. Being curteous is not an impossibility. Sorry you're so frustrated, but wait a little while and you will surely get one if you want it.
Old 8/1/06, 12:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am not frustrated. If I really wanted one I would go buy it. My personal take on the post is he is hoping to get interest for his dealerships auction. But regardless thanks for your concern......
Old 8/1/06, 04:18 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Webba
My personal take on the post is he is hoping to get interest for his dealerships auction.
If he has to generate "interest" for the auction, I think we can safely look forward to buying these things at MSRP in about a year.
Old 8/1/06, 05:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

The fact that it's now 7:06 PM EST and he still only has one post makes me think this is a plant.
Old 8/1/06, 05:13 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by jwines13
i drove a shelby yesterday...

Really?

Congratulations!

Old 8/1/06, 08:11 PM

Welcome to the site, and thank you for the verbal test drive. You'll find these guys & gals on this site are very educated on the subject of Shelby's,and have very good reasons not to spend over MSRP.
I'm with you, if I could afford it I would spend $10,000 to $ 15,000 over list i would do it.
( if I could afford it.) I'm with you.
Old 8/1/06, 08:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Another plant!
Old 8/2/06, 07:05 AM

i was not trying to get interest in bids on the car. as a matter of fact it was already sold($65k) when i wrote that post. just thought i would share with the rest of you that they are a very fun car to drive, and even better to look at.
Old 8/2/06, 08:32 AM
Cobra Member

i was not trying to get interest in bids on the car. as a matter of fact it was already sold($65k) when i wrote that post. just thought i would share with the rest of you that they are a very fun car to drive, and even better to look at.
Why did they sell it for 65k if the high bid (as mentioned in your first post) was 75k? Personally if it was me selling I'd take the HIGH bid rather than one in the middle somewhere
Old 8/2/06, 10:29 AM

... they are a very fun car to drive, and even better to look at.
Great discovery otherwise we would have never known.
Thanks for the heads up.
Old 8/3/06, 12:50 AM

Old 8/3/06, 12:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Must have been fun to drive it. If you had the money and bought it you would complete the age old addage "a fool & his money are soon parted". You wont find too many people on these forums willing to be raped like dealerships such as your employer. Anyway thats for the story. Please leave a tub of KY in the glove box for the customer who buys the Shelby. He will need it.
I don't even wanna ask...
Old 8/3/06, 06:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well for 65k shouldnt they lube the poor guy up first before he writes his check??!
Old 8/3/06, 06:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well for 65k shouldnt they lube the poor guy up first before he writes his check??!
Again, (This has been stated numerous times on other threads) nobody is bending these people's arms behind their backs to buy these cars. If the dealer wants to pop ADM or Market adjustment or whatever, so be it. They are their cars to sell (or let gather dust on). Anyone knows that these cars will be able to be had for sticker or lower before too long. If the "I had it first gang" needs to have theirs-let them.

Oh and like you said, it is his check!

And Josh-they are a sweet ride, eh?
Old 8/3/06, 08:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Welcome to the mustang source. Don't let some of the responses get you discouraged from posting here. We have been waiting a long time for this car only to have the Dealers try and screw us by charging over MSRP. They have made some of us promises on being on wait lists only to tell us "oops sorry there all sold" or "You can get one now, but it will cost you 10K extra". Hopefully, what the dealers make extra on a few cars WON'T offset the lose of sales from poor customer relations. With Ford sales down, they need to be treating the customer like royalty, not one night stands. If I don't get a Shelby by the time the new Boss comes out, I'll get that instead (proved they don't pull the same crap.) Anyway, congratulations on the test drive.
Old 8/3/06, 01:58 PM
Cobra Member

Yes I too wonder why they didn't sell it for 75k??
Old 8/3/06, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sharp
... Don't let some of the responses get you discouraged from posting here...
There are different ways of getting points across. The sooner, the better.

If it wasn't for some members shooting strait this place would be a circus for those who could care less about the well being of the membership. The term "the best interests of... " does apply.
Old 8/5/06, 11:48 AM
Bullitt Member

There are different ways of getting points across. The sooner, the better.

If it wasn't for some members shooting strait this place would be a circus for those who could care less about the well being of the membership. The term "the best interests of... " does apply.
I agree 100%. I just didn't want a new person to be discouraged before they realize that on there own.

Quick Reply: i drove a shelby yesterday