Hi from NAIAS!

Search this Thread

Old 1/21/06, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thought I'd share this with Everyone. Taken January 17th at the NAIAS Public Viewing. Sorry, I couldn't find the nude Challenger woman to model for me!
Old 1/21/06, 09:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice. Did you photoshop the plate in?
Old 1/21/06, 10:00 AM
Cobra Member

They should have kept the Shelby name in the middle of the car.
Old 1/21/06, 11:19 AM

Originally posted by korinwoodo@January 21, 2006, 1:01 PM
Nice. Did you photoshop the plate in?

No! Not a chance. Enlarge the photo and you'll see shadows, etc, on the plate!
In Ontario and I imagine elsewhere in Canada and the States, you can order a personalized plate anytime without registering it to an actual car. As long as you have a valid drivers license you're good to go. This way you can plan ahead! I ordered the plate the afternoon the NY Prototype hit the Web and I've had it tucked away since I got it in the mail.
The day that my dealer registers my Shelby, they'll get validation stickers for the plate.
As long as I never register the plate to a vehicle in my name, I have the right to Sell the plate to anyone else who is registering a car in Ontario. Or to a collector anywhere.
SVT guy was good enough to let me up on the Turnstyle with the NAIAS display Shelby.
I think that the white with blue lettering Ontario plate makes the ugly White License Indent, where the stripping should carrythrough Ford, not look not so bad on this car. I think I've found my colour!!
Sorry, the HOT(er) SVT model wasn't available!
Old 1/21/06, 11:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by 07 Shelby@January 21, 2006, 1:22 PM
No! Not a chance, Enlarge the photo it and you'll see shadows, etc, on the plate!
In Ontario and I imagine elsewhere in Canada and the States, you can order a personalized plate anytime without registering it to an actual car. As long as you have a valid drivers license you're good to go. This way you can plan ahead! I ordered the plate the afternoon the NY Prototype hit the Web and I've had it tucked away since I got it in the mail.
The day that my dealer registers my Shelby, they'll get validation stickers for the plate.
As long as I never register the plate to a vehicle in my name, I have the right to Sell the plate to anyone else who is registering a car in Ontario. Or to a collector anywhere.
SVT guy was good enough to let me up on the Turnstyle with the NAIAS display Shelby.
I think that the white with blue lettering Ontario plate makes the ugly White License Indent, where the stripping should carrythrough Ford, not look not so bad on this car. I think I've found my colour!!
Sorry, the HOT(er) SVT model wasn't available!
Hmm, thats cool. I have a certain plate I want when I get my car, maybe I should register the plate in May when I get my liscense. How did you get the plate onto the car? Stickytac?
Old 1/21/06, 11:27 AM

SVT Guy told me that he let another Shelby fan up on the display turnstyle a few days prior. Check out his photo!
Old 1/21/06, 11:37 AM

Hmm, thats cool. I have a certain plate I want when I get my car, maybe I should register the plate in May when I get my liscense. How did you get the plate onto the car? Stickytac?
Hey! I see you're from Mississauga. That's where I've got my name down on the Shelby Order List, #1 at Erinwood SVT Saleen Ford.
No Stickytac. The rear License sits in a 'recess' on the new Mustang. The first time I sat it the recess, the plate actually slipped a bit and left some scratch marks on the Show Car! Oooops!!
Old 1/21/06, 11:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by 07 Shelby@January 21, 2006, 1:40 PM
Hey! I see you're from Mississauga. That's where I've got my name down on the Shelby Order List, #1 at Erinwood SVT Saleen Ford.
No Stickytac. The rear License sits in a 'recess' on the new Mustang. The first time I sat it the recess, the plate actually slipped a bit and left some scratch marks on the Show Car! Oooops!!
LOL! Oopsies. Walk away quickly before anyone notices. lol. Erinwood Ford is a pretty cool dealer, I plan on buying my car from them, apparently my dad someone knows someone there (deal, hehehe). Thats awsome that your 1 on the list though. Good to know that one of our members will be roaming around the streets of the GTA in a new shelby. Check out the regional Canada board and let us know when you get your car.

-Colin
Old 1/21/06, 06:55 PM
GT Member

That's a nice pic u got. Does the gt500 look alot better in person than in the pictures, and how did the interoir look, did it have all the leather?

Welcome to TheMustangSource, you wont find another site like this one, it's the best
Old 1/23/06, 08:39 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
07 Shelby

Great to see another canuck around...
You better be showing up to some of our canadian functions with that car

Nice job.
Ontario - Your's To Discover
Old 1/27/06, 11:08 PM
FR500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
how did u manage to get on the rotating platform?? lol