GT500 Power Upgrades!!!

Old 3/30/07, 08:18 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
GT500 Power Upgrades!!!

We have it on good authority that Shelby will offer a GT500 power upgrade kit for 2007-2008 Shelby GT500s that will make more than 600 horsepower. This kit could be tuned to make close to 800 horsepower. More info as it becomes available.

--TMS
Old 4/2/07, 07:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
We have it on good authority that Shelby will offer a GT500 power upgrade kit for 2007-2008 Shelby GT500s that will make more than 600 horsepower. This kit could be tuned to make close to 800 horsepower. More info as it becomes available.

--TMS
Curious as to if there will be levels of upgrades offered with a Warrenty and levels without one. Similar to what Roush does.

Also, it would be interesting to know if this upgrade will affect the collectability of the car.
Old 5/3/07, 06:05 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scott - any updates on this? I'd really be interested to know if there is going to be an opportunity to get in the 600hp range using the FRPP kit AND keep your warranty? Wonder if you had a Ford dealer install the upgrades? Seems I heard that Shelby is offering an upgrade package for the GT500 at the 600hp level and you are still under warranty?

thx!
Old 5/5/07, 07:56 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by Stangette
... Also, it would be interesting to know if this upgrade will affect the collectability of the car.

It might matter to those who inherit the GT500s but I can assure you it'll be a non issue for most of us.

Old 5/8/07, 07:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT

It might matter to those who inherit the GT500s but I can assure you it'll be a non issue for most of us.

I know it is.

Albeit some Buyers are getting in line for a traded in Shelby and desire one that had not been modified. Evidently, there is a Re-Sale Market emerging for both the Performance Enthuiast and the Collector.
Old 5/15/07, 09:50 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
I havent heard any updates on this, but will try to dig into it some more.
Old 5/17/07, 10:19 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Scothew
I havent heard any updates on this, but will try to dig into it some more.

Scott - great - thanks I'm hoping that FRPP will offer the 600hp level WITH warranty
Old 5/25/07, 07:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Scott,

You know the STEEDA upgrades ad over 600hp and they do not void warranty. We just finished up our first GT500 here at STEEDA Midwest and it started out with 410hp and is now making a 638hp. We did it with JBA's new GT500 long tubes and JBA 3" exhaust, STEEDA GT500 Pulley, STEEDA GT500 CAI
& a conservative SCT/STEEDA Tune. I'll get the dyno sheet posted ASAP so you can see the numbers.

I posted some photos of the car but put them in the wrong thread they are in 2007 Shelby GT. If you could move the post to the correct spot (maybe the side 2007-2008 GT500) that would be cool.

Thanks,
Rick

I think we could work a deal for the TMS members on the GT500 parts if they are interested.
Old 5/25/07, 10:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TRQ QTRHRSE
Scott,

You know the STEEDA upgrades ad over 600hp and they do not void warranty. We just finished up our first GT500 here at STEEDA Midwest and it started out with 410hp and is now making a 638hp. We did it with JBA's new GT500 long tubes and JBA 3" exhaust, STEEDA GT500 Pulley, STEEDA GT500 CAI & a conservative SCT/STEEDA Tune. I'll get the dyno sheet posted ASAP so you can see the numbers.

I posted some photos of the car but put them in the wrong thread they are in 2007 Shelby GT. If you could move the post to the correct spot (maybe the side 2007-2008 GT500) that would be cool.

Thanks,
Rick

I think we could work a deal for the TMS members on the GT500 parts if they are interested.

Nice achievement.

If memory servs me correctly, the Evolution package containing similar parts, but with their stage III SCT Tuning, is netting on average 560 rwhp. Not certain if it is employing a conservative tune and also they use Bassini LTs and 3" Exhaust, instead of the JBAs.

Please do, post the results graphs.

A couple of questions come to mind:

How is it possible the Steeda does not void the Warrenty?

Do you plan to test the same package multiple times on the one vehicle you now have, and subsequently in the same manner on many other vehicles?

Have seen dyno charts on stock GT500s with rwhp ranging from 425 all the way up to 482. It makes sense then, to find a broad selection of cars with differing baselines to run the testing and acquire a spectrum of results sets.
Old 5/25/07, 01:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stangette
Nice achievement.

If memory servs me correctly, the Evolution package containing similar parts, but with their stage III SCT Tuning, is netting on average 560 rwhp. Not certain if it is employing a conservative tune and also they use Bassini LTs and 3" Exhaust, instead of the JBAs.

Please do, post the results graphs.

A couple of questions come to mind:

How is it possible the Steeda does not void the Warrenty?

Do you plan to test the same package multiple times on the one vehicle you now have, and subsequently in the same manner on many other vehicles?

Have seen dyno charts on stock GT500s with rwhp ranging from 425 all the way up to 482. It makes sense then, to find a broad selection of cars with differing baselines to run the testing and acquire a spectrum of results sets.

Here is the dyno sheet on the GT500. This is a serialized package with full a warranty covered by Ford. We are now the midwest build center for serialized STEEDA cars. This GT 500 not only has power adders but suspension to boot.

We will dyno tune all of the GT500 that we serialized here at SMW. In time this should give us a good baseline for the upgrades we are performing using STEEDA parts.

This GT500 has gone home to its owner in KC now so we are done testing with this car. We will do a full pull in a year just to see how the power is holding up under normal use.

Looks like in the next month we will be doing three more GT500's I'll keep it posted.

Rick
Attached Images  
Old 5/25/07, 05:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

These new GT500s are insane. 640rwhp with a tune and exhaust isjust nuts... but I gotta ask, does Steeda pay you to use all caps in their name?
Old 5/29/07, 06:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Every_Mn
These new GT500s are insane. 640rwhp with a tune and exhaust isjust nuts... but I gotta ask, does Steeda pay you to use all caps in their name?
That is some nice gains given a conservative tune.

I imagine the "STEEDA" is the licensed way to write it.
Old 5/30/07, 03:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Every_Mn
My computer corrects the name to all CAPS when I perform an auto spell check. Also we capitalize the name in our logo STEEDA MIDWEST. So I guess you could say yes it pays me every time I capitalize STEEDA.

Don't forget we also used a CAI w/Inlet Elbow and a Pulley to make our horsepower.

Rick
Old 8/11/07, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by TRQ QTRHRSE
Scott,

You know the STEEDA upgrades ad over 600hp and they do not void warranty. We just finished up our first GT500 here at STEEDA Midwest and it started out with 410hp and is now making a 638hp. We did it with JBA's new GT500 long tubes and JBA 3" exhaust, STEEDA GT500 Pulley, STEEDA GT500 CAI & a conservative SCT/STEEDA Tune. I'll get the dyno sheet posted ASAP so you can see the numbers.

Thanks,
Rick

I'd like to see some pricing on something like this... Like maybe just the pulley, CAI, and SCT XCAL2 and tune. I am also curious about who the warrantee is through. My dealer says I can't touch the motor/blower or exhaust or suspension and maintain any warrantee...
Old 8/16/07, 05:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BODC
I'd like to see some pricing on something like this... Like maybe just the pulley, CAI, and SCT XCAL2 and tune. I am also curious about who the warrantee is through. My dealer says I can't touch the motor/blower or exhaust or suspension and maintain any warrantee...
exhaust???? Tell him to read up on his warranty laws.

They cannot void a warranty period. They can deny a claim if the modification caused the failure. So, a blown motor could be blamed on a pulley or tune. I can't see them proving an exhaust or suspension part caused a blown engine.
Old 8/16/07, 06:22 PM

I hear ya CH... I am just reiterating his ignorance... But if I can go to Steeda and have them install a kit and have a proof of warrantee, I would be more inclined to pay for the new toys.
Old 8/26/07, 01:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
exhaust???? Tell him to read up on his warranty laws.

They cannot void a warranty period. They can deny a claim if the modification caused the failure. So, a blown motor could be blamed on a pulley or tune. I can't see them proving an exhaust or suspension part caused a blown engine.

Most of the feedback I get from the Dealers is that up to the Headers; - it's often cool. With Headers; - it is debateable but on a case by case basis. But, go to the blower porting, pully, or blower replacement, and the Warrenty most likely may not be honored.

Basically, it is how well you know the Dealer and if there are signs of the car being raced or abused a lot. Contrary to adding a tune and removing it to replace to the factory tune, they can tell in the Silver Oak on a computer analysis that it had been done.
Old 8/31/07, 09:28 AM

Does anyone have dyno numbers on just a tune, or a tune with a drop in high flow airfilter?
Old 9/1/07, 02:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Marc's GT500
Does anyone have dyno numbers on just a tune, or a tune with a drop in high flow airfilter?
JLT Intake and X-Cal Evolution Tune claims a gain of 70-90 at the wheels - tuning with a pulley - up to 120 at the wheels. This is exclusive of a full offroad exhaust system.
Old 9/2/07, 10:05 AM

I had trouble navigating package pricing and results on their website. I need to try again though as I was endulging a little last night when I was trying to figure it out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT500 Power Upgrades!!!