GT500 Owners Can Push 700 Horsepower with new RoushCharger

Search this Thread

Old 10/23/06, 12:30 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
GT500 Owners Can Push 700 Horsepower with new RoushCharger

GT500 OWNERS CAN PUSH 700 HORSEPOWER WITH NEW ROUSHCHARGER

LIVONIA, Mich. (October 23, 2006) - Owners of the new Ford GT500 are a proud group - proud of the car and proud of the 500 horsepower that comes with the stock engine. But the engineers at ROUSH Performance, the leader in Ford powertrain development and all things high-performance, are ready to unveil a new ROUSHcharger* that can boost the performance over the edge with up to 700 horsepower.

The GT500 ROUSHcharger* will be offered in three different kits. The simplest upgrade is the addition of a Cold Air Kit with new calibration which nets 45 horsepower.

The next step is including the 2.3L blower in a package which adds 120 horsepower and 88 lb.-ft. torque while keeping a 3-year/36,000 mile warranty. This warranty will not void any offered by the factory. This kit includes the ROUSHcharger*, a 78mm non-removable pulley and new calibration..

For those living on the wild side, a non-warranty version will also be offered for off-road use, and this version is anticipated to push the GT500 engine to a mind-boggling 700 horsepower, 200 more than the stock engine. Customers will have to purchase a 72mm or 76mm pulley separately, and this version does not include an upgraded calibration. Other modifications may be necessary in order to maximize the horsepower gains.

"Our engineers have really pushed the envelope with this ROUSHcharger* and I think it is a credit to them to get as much as 200 horsepower out of the GT500 engine," said Jack Roush. "We are expecting that there will be a certain number of Shelby owners who intend to keep their car in stock condition, but there are also going to be those who want to push that envelope and have bragging rights over their friends. From mild to wild, we can help them get where they want to go with horsepower. It all depends on if they want the peace-of-mind of having a warranty, or go right to the edge and let it all hang out."

The GT500 ROUSHcharger* is a new derivative design from the current roots-style applications currently on the market and features a considerable improvement in both airflow and efficiency. The bottom line is the more airflow, the more power. Noteworthy is that this is the first application that will be incorporating this new technology, both on the OE and aftermarket side.

The cold air intake kit considerably reduces pressure drop across the stock air box and filter element. It comes with a high-flow, large 6-inch conical filter and the rotomolded airbox seals to the hood to reduce leakage. Again, the bottom line is less loss equals more airflow which results in more power.

Available in black or chrome polished, the GT500 ROUSHcharger* kits should be available by the end of the year. Pricing is still to be determined. For more information, visit www.RoushPerformance.com or call 800-59-ROUSH. A signup form is available to be automatically notified when these kits become available.

Based in Livonia, Mich., "The Art of Performance Engineering" takes place at ROUSH Performance. In addition to the Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3 Ford Mustang and F-150 styling, handling and performance upgrades, a complete line of performance parts and engines are offered. For more information on the ROUSH painted parts program, or any of the other products, visit www.RoushPerformance.com or telephone toll-free (800) 59-ROUSH.
Old 10/23/06, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All i have to say is WOW. Too bad 700hp comes at the cost of your warranty and passing emissions testing. Maybe they will be priced well to. Can't wait to see what Ford Racing will offer for the GT500.
Old 10/23/06, 01:53 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

D@mn that's nice.
Old 10/23/06, 02:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Almost 666HP, streetable? That's kinda creepy...
Old 10/23/06, 04:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 10/23/06, 04:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Man, I want my car.
Old 10/23/06, 05:13 PM
Bullitt Member

That is just plain scary! Wonder if the markup will be as bad as the car?
Old 10/23/06, 05:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by fxdwg2002
That is just plain scary! Wonder if the markup will be as bad as the car?
I would say there will be no markup on these.
Old 10/24/06, 09:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BuzzyStang05
Almost 666HP, streetable? That's kinda creepy...
She's difficult enough to keep on the road as Stock. Imagine adding to it.
Old 10/24/06, 09:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Man, I want my car.

My Boys at the shop tossed the idea at me yesterday to do that on mine. That is scary power. When you get yours, you might be apprehensive to add power straight away, once you drive her a few times. No gas 1st or 2nd, lift the clutch just a bit and all the torque is right there.

BTW - we still have the markup on the Shelbys at my shop. Two more on the way and already paid in full. Latest estimate, is the markups won't go away till the Camero comes out.
Old 10/24/06, 10:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Stangette
My Boys at the shop tossed the idea at me yesterday to do that on mine. That is scary power. When you get yours, you might be apprehensive to add power straight away, once you drive her a few times. No gas 1st or 2nd, lift the clutch just a bit and all the torque is right there.

BTW - we still have the markup on the Shelbys at my shop. Two more on the way and already paid in full. Latest estimate, is the markups won't go away till the Camero comes out.
I will likely wait until it is broken in before I do anything. When I do, it will likely be only the basic intake/tune/pulley/exhaust. I seriously doubt I would replace the blower or anything inside the engine. After seeing what the basic mods did for the Terminators, I won't be able to resist doing it to my Shelby.

I was talking about no markup on the Roushcharger.

Was this the big news you could not tell us last week?

I disagree on waiting 'til the Camaro comes out. With Shelby leaking that there were several more Shelbys on the way, I think when that announcement is made will be when the ADMs go away as collector wannabes will focus on the KR model.
Old 10/24/06, 10:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

I will likely wait until it is broken in before I do anything. When I do, it will likely be only the basic intake/tune/pulley/exhaust. I seriously doubt I would replace the blower or anything inside the engine. After seeing what the basic mods did for the Terminators, I won't be able to resist doing it to my Shelby.

I was talking about no markup on the Roushcharger.

Was this the big news you could not tell us last week?

I disagree on waiting 'til the Camaro comes out. With Shelby leaking that there were several more Shelbys on the way, I think when that announcement is made will be when the ADMs go away as collector wannabes will focus on the KR model.
There is no need to replace a S/C on a Shelby for normal streeting and spirited driving IMHO. Unless, of course, One has Racing Purpose for the car.

The Shelby is even more responsive to the "Basic Mods" than the Termminator is. For numerous reasons. Just an added "pep" to the Stock Power might be all that is desired.

The pricing on the RoushCharger is coming by end of year. Still being field tested and tuned. There will also be several levels of it offered and the 660 hp to 700 hp may not carry the Warrenty. The Lower Power one shall. We also have other less power performance upgrades coming.

Part of the "big news". There is lots more of it coming - thru the next couple years. We have plans to excel, to grow and offer Performance Tested and guaranteed Products to serve the Market. One of JRs premises for years has been to track test and field test products accordingly.

I have nothing definate on the KR Model. When the Competition arrives with a new model in our Market Segment, it will be analyzed and re-determined from there.

Have Clients still putting down near 80 for a GT500 if we can buy one from another Dealer. We have been doing a lot of that to get them the cars they are willing to pay for and making a smaller profit. I have actually lost definate count of all the ones we have sold thus far and would need to go into the Database to re-acquaint.
Old 10/24/06, 11:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Stangette
Have Clients still putting down near 80 for a GT500...
Absolute Insanity! Don't these people realize how many of these Ford will make?

Cool on the "more is coming" message. I look forward to seeing what is coming our way.
Old 10/25/06, 08:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Absolute Insanity! Don't these people realize how many of these Ford will make?

Cool on the "more is coming" message. I look forward to seeing what is coming our way.
I know it is insane, but they are coming in with the money.
Old 10/25/06, 04:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
So if I put one on a 4.6 GT/CS would it fit or it was designed for a 5.4 lire ?
Old 10/26/06, 08:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
So if I put one on a 4.6 GT/CS would it fit or it was designed for a 5.4 lire ?
This particular RoushCharger is designed for the GT500. There is currently one on the market for the Modular 4.6L 3V. It adds about 118 hp to the crank.
Old 11/1/06, 10:02 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
The 620hp kit is nice, because you keep your warranty (roush picks up the power train warranty)

Just like the 415hp kit for the Mustang GT

That itself could be worth the price of power/admission