Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks.
Old 3/6/07, 04:01 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by burningman
... They may have botched some facts...
That's an understatement.

The main one being they don't have the passion or enjoyment of the car as the Mustang enthusiasts. Jeremy contradicts himself, as he has previously admitted: "... you see, the base car (the Mustang) was only a platform. You bought it and then you made it better, faster, louder, more exciting...!"
Old 3/14/07, 09:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
That's an understatement.

The main one being they don't have the passion or enjoyment of the car as the Mustang enthusiasts. Jeremy contradicts himself, as he has previously admitted: "... you see, the base car (the Mustang) was only a platform. You bought it and then you made it better, faster, louder, more exciting...!"
They do that on a regular basis on this show. British Arrogance have gotten the best of them again. One needs to observe the show with some discretion.

The RWHP most GT500s are coming in around 440 and a few have been as high as 480. These guys evidently quote RWHP instead of BHP. To have only 10% losses is good considering the SAE accepted adjustment is typically at 15%.
Old 3/14/07, 06:34 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honestly, I have heard Brits themselves complain that the show has become less about informing the public with useful information about vehicles, and more about pure entertainment. I think we're seeing the results of that now, and while certainly entertaining, bashing America has sort of become their new schtick. Case in point: Clarkson lavished praise on the Roush Mustang, and then said he'd have one only if he suddenly found himself looking at his sister with amorous eyes.

I mean, I love those guys, but someone ought to call them out sometime. I'd love Leno to invite them on The Tonight Show sometime and get into it with them.
Old 3/15/07, 12:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
Honestly, I have heard Brits themselves complain that the show has become less about informing the public with useful information about vehicles, and more about pure entertainment. I think we're seeing the results of that now, and while certainly entertaining, bashing America has sort of become their new schtick. Case in point: Clarkson lavished praise on the Roush Mustang, and then said he'd have one only if he suddenly found himself looking at his sister with amorous eyes.

I mean, I love those guys, but someone ought to call them out sometime. I'd love Leno to invite them on The Tonight Show sometime and get into it with them.
Leno's a man who knows some stuff about cars.

Clarkson my not have the nerve to go on the show.