Did a search of all "Completed items" none met reserve!

Search this Thread

Old 7/23/07, 05:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Did a search of all "Completed items" none met reserve!

I have been looking at a new Vette, since I won't pay over sticker for any car.
A friend said I should check the GT-500's again, as the prices are dropping? I did a search and saw the usual crazy "Buy it nows", but did see some in the $50's...
The most interesting thing however was when I checked all the "Completed items", not one met reserve!
Could this be an indication that the silliness finnally is ending and the prices are at last heading for MSRP or better?
New '07 Z06's are now available several thousand below MSRP, it will be interesting to see if the GT 500 is heading in the same direction?

Paul
Old 7/23/07, 06:24 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
I think the Corvette's pricing curve is a little different.
The word is out on next year's base Vette having almost as much HP as the Z06 and the 2009 Z06 having over 600HP.
Old 7/23/07, 07:02 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by 65gtfastback
I have been looking at a new Vette...
Hey Paul, if you are interested in a Vette at excellent prices check the Kerbeck Corvettes link below. They are located in New Jersey.

http://www.kerbeck.com/kerbeck/kerbe...special_offers

BTW, the '08s will have performance gains and there is no price increase. Also, GM honors vendor discount plans for employees of companies dealing with them. It amounts to around 10% off the MSRP.
Old 7/23/07, 09:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by karman
I think the Corvette's pricing curve is a little different.
The word is out on next year's base Vette having almost as much HP as the Z06 and the 2009 Z06 having over 600HP.
The '08's are already on the dealer lots, the base car went up 30HP to 430 with the new LS3.
The LS7 Z06 remains at 505HP, there will also be a "Super Vette" in 09 with 600+HP, it is expected to retail for over $100K.
The parallel I see is between the GT 500 and the C6 Z06 (released as an '06). Up until just recently, new '07s were selling over MSRP and even used '06's were bringing big cash.
No longer the case, some '06's are beginning to dip below $60K and new '07's can be had for several thousand below MSRP. They will probably able to be found at invoice within a month or so, they have also begun selling new '08's below MSRP. I doubt that the trend will reverse, I don't see prices going back up.

Paul

PS. Thanks for the tip on Kerbek's, so far though Ideal in MO is cheaper.
Old 7/25/07, 07:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another great dealer is Les Stanford. Contact Rick, he is supposed to be one of the best in the business. I too am considering a Vette if I cannot get a good deal on a shelby this winter.

By the way, I just got back from the National Corvette Museum. It is am awesome experience for anyone that likes cars.
Old 7/26/07, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by Silver99v6
Another great dealer is Les Stanford. Contact Rick, he is supposed to be one of the best in the business. I too am considering a Vette if I cannot get a good deal on a shelby this winter.

By the way, I just got back from the National Corvette Museum. It is am awesome experience for anyone that likes cars.
Your not allowed to own a vette if you live in Shelbyville. That just wouldn't be right.
Old 7/26/07, 07:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by harley99fb
Your not allowed to own a vette if you live in Shelbyville. That just wouldn't be right.
I actually thought about that, but after I went for a ride in my neighbors 2007 Vette, I realized that its ok to own a Vette in Shelbyville. It may not be right, but it felt right.
However, it is not ok to own a Vet5te in Shelby County (Memphis)
Old 7/26/07, 04:15 PM

Like you I could not find a Shelby at the price I was willing to pay. The 2008 Vette with the options I wanted was $53k and change. While waiting for the Vette factory to transition to the 08's I came across a Shelby on eBay with a buy it now for $50,760. That was my price. Turned out to be a great Ford dealer in Irvine, CA. (Tuttle Click Ford). All the paperwork including financing was done via Fed-ex and they picked me up at the airport. Good luck in your decision but I'm really glad I was able to get the Shelby rather than the Vette.
Old 7/27/07, 10:46 AM
Bullitt Member

A ford dealer in my area has 2 GT500,s priced $10,000 over sticker but he still hasn't sold them (hope he chokes on them). You might be right the silliness might be ending.
Old 7/27/07, 10:46 AM
Cobra Member

I'd go for the Z06 personally. There are some many features that are unique to it vs. the "base" Vette that I'm confident it'll maintain value much better than the GT500 will in the long run. There's a lot more to a Z06 than motor. We'll likely see them rolling through Barrett-Jackson in a couple decades.
Old 7/28/07, 07:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by RobK
I'd go for the Z06 personally. There are some many features that are unique to it vs. the "base" Vette that I'm confident it'll maintain value much better than the GT500 will in the long run. There's a lot more to a Z06 than motor. We'll likely see them rolling through Barrett-Jackson in a couple decades.

The only problem I have with a Z06 is that it is a fixed roof. I know its like that for the added strength, but the targa is too cool for me to pass up.
Old 7/28/07, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Silver99v6
The only problem I have with a Z06 is that it is a fixed roof. I know its like that for the added strength, but the targa is too cool for me to pass up.
Fixed roof and $20,000 more than a 2008 fully equipped C6
Old 7/28/07, 08:28 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 00Vert54X
Fixed roof and $20,000 more than a 2008 fully equipped C6
Yeah, but you actually get your money's worth with extensive use of aluminum, titanium and carbon fiber not found in a base C6. The list of Z06 only parts is lengthy. Differences such as these will be certain to impact future value if you're in for the long haul. If you're going to thrash it for a couple years then trade it in you're right, go for an '08. If you plan it keep it for a while go for the Z06 and take good care of it.
Old 8/2/07, 12:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Hey Paul, if you are interested in a Vette at excellent prices check the Kerbeck Corvettes link below. They are located in New Jersey.

http://www.kerbeck.com/kerbeck/kerbe...special_offers

BTW, the '08s will have performance gains and there is no price increase. Also, GM honors vendor discount plans for employees of companies dealing with them. It amounts to around 10% off the MSRP.
I was looking at that link you posted and saw some interesting things. Why does that '08 Vette coupe have an MSRP of $46K while the '07 Coupe has an MSRP of $57K? I'm not familiar with Vette pricing but that seems like a huge gap.
Old 8/2/07, 06:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Phorty
I was looking at that link you posted and saw some interesting things. Why does that '08 Vette coupe have an MSRP of $46K while the '07 Coupe has an MSRP of $57K? I'm not familiar with Vette pricing but that seems like a huge gap.
Corvettes have 3 different option packages that you can order from. A base Corvette (1LT) is 45,xxx. The next step up is a 2LT, which I believe bumps the price up to 47,xxx, and the highest model is a 3LT which brings the price to 50,xxx.

With a 1LT your only interior choice is ebony,and is pretty much a bare bones Corvette. The 2LT has side airbags, better seats with preforated leather, more choices on interior color, and a cargo area cover. The 3LT has heated seats, heads up display, telescoping wheel, bose radio, and all of the 2LT options.

The corvette youre looking at on Kerbecks website is fully loaded, that is why is has such a high sticker price.

On convertibles, you can only get a 2LT and a 3LT, and on Z06s you have the same options as a coupe, but they are called a 1LZ, 2LZ, and 3LZ.

I hope that this info has helped you out.
Old 8/2/07, 06:42 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Phorty
I was looking at that link you posted and saw some interesting things...
Silver99v6's post is accurate and self explanatory.

I went to a Chevy dealer and I qualify to what equates to Ford's X-plan. A '08 coupe, 6-speed manual, 2LT, Z51, and destination charge came at $45K plus applicable sales tax, tag, and title fees.

Check the options and build your car: http://www.chevrolet.com
Old 8/12/07, 04:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 65gtfastback
The '08's are already on the dealer lots, the base car went up 30HP to 430 with the new LS3.
The LS7 Z06 remains at 505HP, there will also be a "Super Vette" in 09 with 600+HP, it is expected to retail for over $100K.
The parallel I see is between the GT 500 and the C6 Z06 (released as an '06). Up until just recently, new '07s were selling over MSRP and even used '06's were bringing big cash.
No longer the case, some '06's are beginning to dip below $60K and new '07's can be had for several thousand below MSRP. They will probably able to be found at invoice within a month or so, they have also begun selling new '08's below MSRP. I doubt that the trend will reverse, I don't see prices going back up.
The rose fell off the Z06 fairly early on, and msrp deals have been very easy to get for quite some time now. I saw small discounts advertised for these cars several months ago.

Yeah, but you actually get your money's worth with extensive use of aluminum, titanium and carbon fiber not found in a base C6. The list of Z06 only parts is lengthy. Differences such as these will be certain to impact future value if you're in for the long haul. If you're going to thrash it for a couple years then trade it in you're right, go for an '08. If you plan it keep it for a while go for the Z06 and take good care of it.
I disagree. All this stuff is great and cost GM a decent sum of money without question, but Z06's got 'cheap' as quickly as they did for a reason. (the used Z06 market is surprisingly large) It may be a faster car than the base Vette but it is arguably not a better car, or even as good a car, as the run of the mill Z51. To be fair GM has done much to fix these problems with several NVH updates, shock recalibrations, etc. but it is still a bit on the stiff side for a daily ride.

And, if anybody buys a car today with the intention of holding onto it for future value they are, with all due respect, completely off their nut.
Old 8/26/07, 04:51 PM
GT Member

Question about ebay

Ok, so all these dealers who put the GT500 up for auction on ebay and they don't sell, what do they pay in fees to ebay? If they set a reserve for $55K, how much do the ebay fees cost them when the car doesn't meet the reserve? Any idea?
Old 8/26/07, 05:10 PM
Bullitt Member

about $60
Old 8/26/07, 06:25 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 07 HOSS Mustang
about $60
That sux. I wish it were a lot more.

Quick Reply: Did a search of all "Completed items" none met reserve!