Crazyhorse Finally Orders Shelby!

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/07, 02:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got a call from SM. Got a build week of 7/30.
Old 6/6/07, 02:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by crazyhorse

It's going to be a LOOOOOONG Wait for Someone until 7/30.
Old 6/6/07, 03:40 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Mid to late August, that's not too bad.
Are you now driving stick or A/T?
Old 6/6/07, 05:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Mid to late August, that's not too bad.
Are you now driving stick or A/T?
A/T. I have not owned a stick since I sold my '93 Mustang GT in 1996. I still drive them occasionally. I am looking forward to owning one again.
Old 6/6/07, 05:32 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Well, what is well learned is never forgotten but I would find a way to get in a GT and do some shifting just as a precaution, anything to avoid grinding gears or riding the clutch.
Old 6/6/07, 06:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Well, what is well learned is never forgotten but I would find a way to get in a GT and do some shifting just as a precaution, anything to avoid grinding gears or riding the clutch.
I have owned several sticks and motorcycles over the years. I'll drive it fine from the beginning and get it smooth in short order.
Old 6/6/07, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suddenly, the day was alittle brighter

Congrats Crazyhorse, for your accomplishment and stickin to your guns. hope its a sign of things to come. What a reversal, the 20K guys will be singing the blues now
Old 6/8/07, 02:14 AM
Closet American

Golly, I just saw this thread.

Congrats, Crazyhorse, I know it's been a LOOOOOONG wait, but I am glad you stuck to your guns re MSRP, proving once again...

GOOD THINGS...

Old 6/8/07, 04:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
Golly, I just saw this thread.

Congrats, Crazyhorse, I know it's been a LOOOOOONG wait, but I am glad you stuck to your guns re MSRP, proving once again...

GOOD THINGS...

Thanks HNGT. How is your car? You still diggin' it?
Old 6/12/07, 07:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

CH - terrific news! Come Labor Day you'll be laboring (washing/waxing/polishing) all over that new Shelby.
Old 6/12/07, 09:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 1FAFP90
CH - terrific news! Come Labor Day you'll be laboring (washing/waxing/polishing) all over that new Shelby.
Thanks. I sure hope I am. I figure early Sept to mid Sept. Either way, I'll have it in time for the beautiful Fall Indiana weather.
Old 6/12/07, 11:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1FAFP90
+1 Lots of Zaino and bright sunshine make for one mirrored beauty.
Fall, with the cooler weather combined with S/C cars, should be a great time for enjoyment.
Old 6/12/07, 12:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Stangette
+1 Lots of Zaino and bright sunshine make for one mirrored beauty.
Fall, with the cooler weather combined with S/C cars, should be a great time for enjoyment.
I have not tried Zaino, yet. I might someday. I use Griots Garage machine polisher and polishes. My 9 year old daily driver has benefited from my angst over waiting on my GT500. It now has the best finish on it since the day it left the factory.

I can't wait to get started on my car.
Old 6/12/07, 03:41 PM
Cobra Member

Hey C/H,

Do you know about the birdie who can track your car?

Roger
Old 6/12/07, 04:54 PM
Closet American

Thanks HNGT. How is your car? You still diggin' it?
I am. The car is certainly not perfect - there are little niggling things that could be improved if Ford put more time and attention into details - but nothing about it that bugs me is a deal breaker.

Overall, I love the looks, power, feel, sound - and continual attention - this car gets. To this day it STILL gets a lot of attention. Someone gawks at it or comments on it almost everytime I go out for more than a 10 minute drive...and it's only a GT.

I do think my particular color/wheel/tire/interior combination has a lot to do with the attention I'm getting, however. That, and keeping it nice & shiny...
Old 6/12/07, 06:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by mach1fever
Hey C/H,

Do you know about the birdie who can track your car?

Roger
I know about the ERL and I know Rob over at SU.com. I am not checking a whole lot right now. I'm sure once late July/early Aug hits, I'll be all over it.

With a build week of July 30th, when do you think I will get it? I am hoping for very late Aug to early Sept.
Old 6/12/07, 06:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
I am. The car is certainly not perfect - there are little niggling things that could be improved if Ford put more time and attention into details - but nothing about it that bugs me is a deal breaker.

Overall, I love the looks, power, feel, sound - and continual attention - this car gets. To this day it STILL gets a lot of attention. Someone gawks at it or comments on it almost everytime I go out for more than a 10 minute drive...and it's only a GT.

I do think my particular color/wheel/tire/interior combination has a lot to do with the attention I'm getting, however. That, and keeping it nice & shiny...
It will get attention for a long time to come.

The little niggles are a part of Mustang's character. They have never been perfect and likely never will. Yet, they still put a grin on your face every time you see it, drive it, wash it, etc. As soon as you sell it, you will start to miss it. I miss both of my old ones every day.

Enjoy the car.
Old 6/12/07, 07:01 PM
Closet American

It will get attention for a long time to come.
Right up until the day the new Camaro arrives, I figure.

The little niggles are a part of Mustang's character. They have never been perfect and likely never will.
Don't really need perfection, but a few simple additions would have been nice. Things I have noticed >>

- When the air conditioning is turned on, the cold air only comes out of the upper vents, not the foot vents.

- Even with the temperature set to the coldest setting (blue), the HVAC system - when cycling fresh air - always seems to blow warm, leading me to the conclusion that the ducts are arranged in such a way that they end up pumping the warm engine air into the cabin all the time. OK in the winter. Not so great in the summer.

- The passenger side of this car definitely should have a grab handle. This is another one of those penny-pinching maneuvers on the part of the Ford bean counters that is unacceptable, IMHO.

- The glove box would benefit by having a light.

- The interior plastics - oft discussed around here - are going to start looking shabby after a few years, IMO, even if one takes great care not to scratch them. Some of the panels, particularly in the footwell area, feel super flimsy...and as they get "kicked" a lot, could be a weak point down the road.

- There really ought to be some sort of proper rubberized dead pedal for one's left foot. As it stands, it's just carpet, and that area will get alot of wear, especially in the winter when one's shoes are wet and covered in gunk and grime.

- There ought to be a remote release for the gas cover. I don't relish the idea of some prankster siphoning gas out of my tank, or worse, pouring sugar down it.

There's a few other little things, too, but as I said, they are minor annoyances. Still, they would be easily addressed if Ford put more attention into detailing their cars to the same level as the Japanese - a strategy that could also only help their perceived quality ranking.

Yet, they still put a grin on your face every time you see it, drive it, wash it, etc. As soon as you sell it, you will start to miss it.
Utterly true.
Old 6/13/07, 07:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have not tried Zaino, yet. I might someday. I use Griots Garage machine polisher and polishes. My 9 year old daily driver has benefited from my angst over waiting on my GT500. It now has the best finish on it since the day it left the factory.

I can't wait to get started on my car.
Griot's is good products as well. The Zaino, after about 18 layers of it, observers always ask if the car had been re-cleared.
Old 6/13/07, 08:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Hows about checking the oil level at night or when its dark out ? or just maybe the hood was never supposed to be opened at night time. or even like a center council lock for those that have convertables.

Quick Reply: Crazyhorse Finally Orders Shelby!