Boss Finally Receives His 2008 GT500

Search this Thread

Old 4/21/08, 09:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Boss Finally Receives His 2008 GT500

Just a short story I had to tell everyone.

In mid-year 2006, I purchased my 2006 Mustang GT. Later that year, the president and CEO of the company I work for (who is a mustang fan also) began the ordering process on a new GT500. He asked to drive my mustang the first week after I bought it and of course I didn't say no. He came back and told me it had been "thoroughly tested". He ordered a 2008 Shelby GT500 in red with white stripes and has been patiently or not so patiently waiting ever since.

Finally the day has arrived. He must have picked it up this weekend, because as I pulled into the parking lot today, the bright red paint quickly captured my attention. I parked two spaces over, leaving a full parking space between us. As I strolled towards the building to begin work, I of course made a quick detour. Peering through the window, I had to wipe a small amount of drool from my chin before continuing inside to begin my work day. Once inside, I check my email and notice I have one from the owner, the president, the CEO, the man upstairs (not God, the one literally upstairs in this building). He tells me the keys are in it. My mission, if I choose to accept it, is to drive that bad boy. Drive it like the wind. And that's what I did.

Once I had finished my morning activities to start the day, I nervously strolled into the parking lot, not fully knowing what to expect. I open the door and sit. After sitting for what seems like minutes, trying to catch my breath, I turn the key. The stang roars to life, but not overwhelmingly so. I think to myself, perhaps it's not quite what I expected. And then I backed out of the spot to drive off and my entire perception of this legend changed. I put only a few miles on the beast, but my heart felt like it would jump from my chest at any moment. Adrenaline rushing, heart pumping, body shaking, I took my short spin around town, keeping her reined in as much as I could. I of course had to let her run a time or two, and she never disappointed.

Other than the couple times she broke loose to run, it was a fairly tame drive, and yet, I was left breathless. This beast of a car, even in stock form, makes many cars feel like tiny Shetland ponies in comparison. This IS a Mustang, and I am priveleged enough to have had the chance to experience it.
Old 4/21/08, 08:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad you got to experience it. I have owned mine for right at 8 months now and I still get that same "amazed" feeling every time I drive it. Ford/SVT nailed this one for sure.
Old 4/23/08, 10:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice story
Old 4/23/08, 10:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Now that's a good story. I'd love to drive a GT500 some day.
Old 4/24/08, 06:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats cool!

I would be great to have a boss that cool!
Old 4/28/08, 02:22 PM

Great tale