THE ARTICLE

Search this Thread

Old 1/6/06 | 12:42 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Originally posted by Boomer@January 6, 2006, 11:11 AM
haha, I love the 'rules of the LS1' posted in other threads...

'LS1s are handbuilt by god himself... they are unbeatable'
LT1s are unbeatable, only by LS1s
LS2s are twice the power of LS1s... they too are unbeatable.
If you beat an LS1, it was because the person was not racing..not tuned right...playing with you...clutch problems...
you beat the driver..not the engine....'
Pete you make it sound like Chuck Norris made that engine
Old 1/6/06 | 12:50 PM

I think the ls1 camaro and firebird guys are just if GM didnt build cars that competed against each other the camaro are the firebird would still be here. I think that is why the mustang has been around so long and will be around for a very long time. And by they way I have a 02 vert corvette now and when i can get my hands on a new gt500 vert i will have one of them to.
Old 1/6/06 | 02:38 PM
Cam Tease

Eh, in house competition surely cut sales from each respectively, but together they likely sold more than just a camaro or just a firebird would. And they were so alike that it certainly didn't cost much more to build them both then just one. Sooo, they(or "it" in this hypothetical) would have died anyway. I dont really know why though, they were superior to the Mustang in just about every way and didnt cost a whole lot more.
Old 1/6/06 | 03:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@January 6, 2006, 4:41 PM
Eh, in house competition surely cut sales from each respectively, but together they likely sold more than just a camaro or just a firebird would. And they were so alike that it certainly didn't cost much more to build them both then just one. Sooo, they(or "it" in this hypothetical) would have died anyway. I dont really know why though, they were superior to the Mustang in just about every way and didnt cost a whole lot more.
because it wasn't about performance superiorority. The V6 Mustang is what keeps the Mustang alive. All the kids, women and men that want the look, styling and/or status of owning a Mustang without worrying about performance buy enough of these to warrant making them. The Camaro, on the hand, did not appeal to that market nearly enough. Those slower cars are what allow us to buy the fast ones.
Old 1/6/06 | 04:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by crazyhorse@January 6, 2006, 4:49 PM
because it wasn't about performance superiorority. The V6 Mustang is what keeps the Mustang alive. All the kids, women and men that want the look, styling and/or status of owning a Mustang without worrying about performance buy enough of these to warrant making them. The Camaro, on the hand, did not appeal to that market nearly enough. Those slower cars are what allow us to buy the fast ones.
Exactly, it was the number that were sold as a whole. The V6 and V8's Mustangs outsold the Camaro's and Firebirds combined. I've owned versions of all three, they are all fairly good muscle cars, but the Mustang is the only one around still and the one I prefer. (yes I know the Camaro MAY be back soon...or Chevelle)
Old 1/6/06 | 05:34 PM
I Have No Life

Hey, I'm not saying the LS1/LS2 etc are bad engines by ANY means....
...cause they DO rock...

Rock yes...
Unbeatable... heck no...
Old 1/6/06 | 08:57 PM
Cam Tease

Well the Camaro/Firebird twins had a sixer available too, and of course I understand the secretary cars are the reasons the muscle ones are economically viable (for us OR for GM). I think people chose the stang for some intangible (the one that made me a Mustang fanboy even in 95 and 96) that the general could never figure out.