Almost there!

Search this Thread

Old 3/17/07, 01:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bullittman
Car is at the Railhead in Buffalo..... Del 3/21 Plus or minus 1 day.
Tell your Dealer you will detail it yourself and put the Plates on.

If you don't want the plate on the car, and drilling into that beautiful front fascia, would be a shame. Make up a bracket for it like I did for my Roush. Still need to make on for the Shelby, but I don't drive her much and I fell there is some time for that.

Two, it reduces the risk of damage if you detail the car yourself. Some have had paint damage due to inexperianced detailers. So be careful. Unless of course, you trust your shop.
Old 3/17/07, 06:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Linda, appreciate the tips! Do you have a pic of the plate on your Roush?
Old 3/21/07, 07:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks Linda, appreciate the tips! Do you have a pic of the plate on your Roush?
I do not get pics of her recently. But go to fnsweet.com and do a search for posts by RedRoushWA and back last fall he did a detailed write up on the plate creation. I got most of the ideas from him and they are similar.

Costs about 18.00 for all the parts and clips from Home Depo. You will neeed four screws to fit through the plate holes, washers and nuts, two hurricaine 1/2" wall brackets, a drill for the pilot holes in the hurricaine brackets (two only if you line up the plate and mark against the existing two holes in the brackets), door weatherstripping that comes on a roll, two 1/2" spring clips. ( Home Depo brand as they are strong, small and have orange plastic sleeves on the tips to prevent scratching)

Been using mine for almost a year and no problems. Need to take it off to wash the car if you apply water with a pressure sprayer though.

If you cannot find the thread, I shall take more time and go in there and find it for you. He did pics at eash step too.
Old 3/21/07, 09:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Stangette
I do not get pics of her recently. But go to fnsweet.com and do a search for posts by RedRoushWA and back last fall he did a detailed write up on the plate creation. I got most of the ideas from him and they are similar.

Costs about 18.00 for all the parts and clips from Home Depo. You will neeed four screws to fit through the plate holes, washers and nuts, two hurricaine 1/2" wall brackets, a drill for the pilot holes in the hurricaine brackets (two only if you line up the plate and mark against the existing two holes in the brackets), door weatherstripping that comes on a roll, two 1/2" spring clips. ( Home Depo brand as they are strong, small and have orange plastic sleeves on the tips to prevent scratching)

Been using mine for almost a year and no problems. Need to take it off to wash the car if you apply water with a pressure sprayer though.

If you cannot find the thread, I shall take more time and go in there and find it for you. He did pics at eash step too.
THANKS Linda ! I will search it out
Old 3/24/07, 02:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Car is at the Railhead in Buffalo..... Del 3/21 Plus or minus 1 day.
Now if memory serves me correct you took delivery from the same dealership as me of your 05. Yours was arriving as I was ordering mine. Your 07 GT500 is due in any day and guess what? I just made the deal Friday for mine and it should be ordered next week!
Old 3/24/07, 06:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by upstate
Now if memory serves me correct you took delivery from the same dealership as me of your 05. Yours was arriving as I was ordering mine. Your 07 GT500 is due in any day and guess what? I just made the deal Friday for mine and it should be ordered next week!
No, I'm not with them anymore....and I bought MANY vehicles there in the past. Suffice to say relationship with them fell apart with this vehicle I will post where I purchased after delivery with some comments on the car. Very close now! Congrats on the order and good luck on it !
Old 3/24/07, 06:52 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
No, I'm not with them anymore....and I bought MANY vehicles there in the past. Suffice to say relationship with them fell apart with this vehicle.

So... are you still on their mailing list?

Old 3/24/07, 08:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT

So... are you still on their mailing list?

Old 3/28/07, 03:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Finally....after 2 years and (4) days my GT-500 has arrived If you are waiting on one of these...Hold on tight, this car is a Blast! More later.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails Almost there!-alloy1.jpg   Almost there!-alloy2.jpg  
Old 3/28/07, 03:37 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
very nice. can't wait to see the pics after its preped.
Old 3/28/07, 03:55 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
CONGRATS!! Lucky You!
Old 3/28/07, 05:13 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Congrats! You must be elated after waiting so long.
Old 3/28/07, 06:27 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Congrats! You must be deflated after waiting so long.

Old 3/28/07, 06:27 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
wow....you have the patience of Job!!! That is a long time to wait. Hope it payed off!!
Old 3/28/07, 07:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

I LOVE this car! My experience with "Fast" cars has been limited to the early generation Cobras (305hp) , my 05 GT and an early 68 GT500. The 68 was a "One wheeler Pealer" that would pull a barn silo down but quickly ran out of range after 5000RPM and had Horrid brakes. The other two have simiar power....Cobra pulls hard at midrange and upper rpm, 05 has good torque and really nice powerband. The 500 is another horse entirely. It is shockingly quiet and docile at low speed and can be driven nicely all day with out getting into boost BUT depress the loud pedal and hang on.Stock tires have little grip (Still very cool here), and wheel hop is very prevalent( Lots of owners have already talked about that, BUT oh what a blast to drive. Clutch effort , no more so that an 05-up GT, ride is actually at bit softer than my 05 and you get alot of weight transfer (Nose up and nose down) upon acceleration and braking...Which is much better than stock mustang. This thing is addictive!
Some highs. Exillerating power curve and engine sound !
Seats- Great side support bolsters and the soft touch
armrrests and console are nice.
"Trick" dash lighting and shift light/tone
By far the best handling car I've owned.
"Cool factor" Intimidates the kiddies
Fit and finish superior to any mustang to date IMO

Lows Not many and some can be fixed. Traction is limited under hard
acceleration
Buttery feel to the shifter IMO. You can find gears OK but throws
are long.
Needs exhaust.....Too quiet.
Arm rest position....Common in 05 Up, very difficult to to get
comfortable...maybe cause I'm short .

It's been along wait but this is "The One" we've been waiting for!

A word about my dealer, I made my original deal back in 3/05....thru all of the hype and talk on the car the last couple years when I signed the papers yesterday....The deal was the same as day one....Without a "Contract" GOOD dealers that honor their word and look to the long run with their customers are out there. Keep on the hunt. This one, if you are in Western NY area, is the one to beat. They have a customer for "Life" , me ! Van Bortel Ford in Victor NY. Ask for Paul. A few pics after a hard "Run"
Attached Thumbnails Almost there!-alloy-011.jpg   Almost there!-alloy-012.jpg   Almost there!-alloy-014.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 3/28/07, 07:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Congrats! You must be deflated after waiting so long.

Yeah , now what the H____ am I going to Pine for
Old 3/28/07, 07:51 PM
Cobra Member

I love the color combo you went with. Congrats!
Old 3/28/07, 08:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by THRUST_
I love the color combo you went with. Congrats!
Thanks Andy!
Old 3/28/07, 10:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats Ron. Glad to see you finally got it.
Old 3/28/07, 10:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CONGRADULATIONS