30 thousand..........over msrp!

Search this Thread

Old 8/22/06, 10:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
30 thousand..........over msrp!

i just went to my local ford dealership to drop off my dads explorer to get serviced and the first thing i see........a black GT500 with white stripes just sitting there. I was pretty suprised to see one cause this dealer isnt all that big. Anyways when i looked at the price tag, it had all the oprtions listed and was priced at 42000 msrp. Then when i glanced to my right, i see a sighn saying MSRP adjustment= $30000! this is rediculous. my first thoughts were what friggin idiot would pay almost double the cars cost. The car was already sold, and while i was there one of the guys started it to go fill it up with gas. it sounded beautiful. even at idle the car had such a sweet rumble. cant wait till i can get my own
Old 8/22/06, 10:21 AM
Bullitt Member

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.n...OD6_SCP;060803
Old 8/22/06, 11:13 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by cheech6g
... cant wait till i can get my own
Shooting yourself in the foot won't help. Your wait will be shortened when you and others realize this sort of topic is sensationalism and free advertising for dealers. BTW, I keep up with several dealers and what their approach is in relation to AMVs and it is not good news.

Now, if you think I am wrong then post the logic behind your topic and what you accomplish by posting it.
Old 8/22/06, 03:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ROFL!
Old 8/22/06, 05:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Shooting yourself in the foot won't help. Your wait will be shortened when you and others realize this sort of topic is sensationalism and free advertising for dealers. BTW, I keep up with several dealers and what their approach is in relation to AMVs and it is not good news.

Now, if you think I am wrong then post the logic behind your topic and what you accomplish by posting it.
Free advertising? Calling XX dealership a bunch of greedy, thieving low-lifes is free advertising?
Old 8/22/06, 11:19 PM
Bullitt Member

First off........"cant wait till i get my own" is only my way of saying, I want one. Im 19 and in school so my odds of actually purchasing one is slim to none. now for the purpose of my topic.....all im trying say is that the particular dealership by me is robbing people by charging that much. If thats too much for you to comprehend that id suggest not thinking too hard on the subject and look at other topics.
Old 8/23/06, 12:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Since you are in school, go ahead and register for Economics 101. It's simple "supply and demand" at work. They will teach you that there (supposing that your college hasn't fallen too far into Marxism) The dealership isn't "robbing" anyone if there is a willing buyer.

Not trying to start a flame war at all - just responding to the obvious condescension in your last post.

Now, negative commentary about any buyer willing to fork over that ridiculous ADM is most definitely welcome!!!
Old 8/23/06, 02:40 AM

First off........"cant wait till i get my own" is only my way of saying, I want one. Im 19 and in school so my odds of actually purchasing one is slim to none. now for the purpose of my topic.....all im trying say is that the particular dealership by me is robbing people by charging that much. If thats too much for you to comprehend that id suggest not thinking too hard on the subject and look at other topics.
What I comprehend is you are just a dreamer, which explains the logic why you would start a thread identical to thirty others.

It is no coincidence this type of topic is being started by either salesmen or people who don't stand a chance of getting a GT500.
Old 8/23/06, 06:44 AM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Gentlemen,

By now, we all know that there are dealers out there determined to take
advantage of us , the customer.
No matter how we complain on these forums, they still sell these cars at these ridiculus prices. ( supply & demand).

The supply is getting better as the public wakes up and holds on to their money before being taken advantaged of.
The demand is still there though for the collectors and people that can not wait a month or two.

Do we really need to keep hashing this topic,

NO!

I agree with Bullit above.

TDS
Old 8/23/06, 01:32 PM
Bullitt Member

What I comprehend is you are just a dreamer, which explains the logic why you would start a thread identical to thirty others.

It is no coincidence this type of topic is being started by either salesmen or people who don't stand a chance of getting a GT500.
Hey im sorry if im still just a kid trying to get a start on life and can't afford a 45 thousand dollar car. Now for you to tell me i dont stand a chance of ever getting one..........what are you like 5? sorry i dont have enough money to get a mystic chrome cobra AND and 06 GT.......but right not im just trying to pay for my school which is slightly more important.

oh yeh and sorry i dont spend all my time on the formus like you so yeh that would explain why i didnt realize that there were like 30 other topics just like this one.
Old 8/23/06, 01:46 PM
Cobra Member

I feel for Cheech b/c I'm only 20 and stuggling with money while being in school. But I know I posted a post just like this awhile back out of pure excitement for seeing a GT500 in person! I completelly understand supply and demand and I know me or anybody else won't even have an opportunity to get one of these at MSRP for awhile, but you have to realize for us young guys this is about the only place we are aloud to vent our excitement. I know **** well that I WILL own one of these 500s one day, even if it is in 5 years. (I'm sure by then they'll be something else everyones after) So theres no need to flame this guy for being outraged and excited.... even though this post is exactly like a thousand others and we're all tired of hearing it.

On another note.... I've yet to see real photos of a black and white GT500.... I bet thats heavenly
Old 8/23/06, 07:46 PM

... what are you like 5?
Close, but no cigar.

My first reply was civil, yours was not. The rest is history.

Obviously you don't know that I am a team player and stand for the good of the membership. I've helped quite a few here without any fanfare, parades, or confetti. Some have been grateful and gracious, others indifferent. Either way it's fine.

I do frequent this board quite a bit, mainly due to the bond developed with some members. My main goal is to have fun and see my fellow members enjoy themselves and accomplish their enthusiast dreams, yours included. Now, if anyone is, or appears to be in direct conflict, or tries to undermine our goals, they will be greeted with deternined resistance and will not succeed regardless of their efforts.

We have too many good guys with good heads on their shoulders looking out for one another, so in the end the good guys always win.

BTW, Carroll Shelby shares my position. He has stated his distaste for those who are counter productive to the passion of car enthusiasts. And if my recollection is right, that included garage queens. He has always wanted his cars to be fully enjoyed by the average guy not the greedy SOBs.
Old 8/23/06, 07:59 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

I think that Bullit has "apologized" enough, and I am sorry if you feel "hit upon" by the members of this site.

However, like I said in the above post, DROP IT.

We know that some Dealers are raping the public and it does not need to go any further.

TDS
Old 8/24/06, 10:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Close, but no cigar.

My first reply was civil, yours was not. The rest is history.

Obviously you don't know that I am a team player and stand for the good of the membership. I've helped quite a few here without any fanfare, parades, or confetti. Some have been grateful and gracious, others indifferent. Either way it's fine.

I do frequent this board quite a bit, mainly due to the bond developed with some members. My main goal is to have fun and see my fellow members enjoy themselves and accomplish their enthusiast dreams, yours included. Now, if anyone is, or appears to be in direct conflict, or tries to undermine our goals, they will be greeted with deternined resistance and will not succeed regardless of their efforts.

We have too many good guys with good heads on their shoulders looking out for one another, so in the end the good guys always win.

BTW, Carroll Shelby shares my position. He has stated his distaste for those who are counter productive to the passion of car enthusiasts. And if my recollection is right, that included garage queens. He has always wanted his cars to be fully enjoyed by the average guy not the greedy SOBs.
Mr. Bullitt, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

oh yeh and do you really think Carroll Shelby is on your side? Cause last i checked he too once had a dream........and that dream is now known as the AC Cobra.
Old 8/24/06, 10:21 AM
Bullitt Member

oh yeh and dont bother asking me to put an end to this topic........cause im done now. this is probably the last post ill do for a while, too bad it had to be like this. Now if you could just keep these idiots like bullitt from bashing on people in forums who dont memorize each topic like he does or perhaps arent as "Knowledgeable" as he is, this whole forum would be a lot better.
Old 8/24/06, 10:26 AM

If you are the coherent one then do a survey on who the idiot is. It'll be no contest. You can bet your scooter you'll get all the points.
Old 8/24/06, 10:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Bullit you and I win the "p*ssin off the new guys" award for the week. Perhaps if the prize is big enough we can buy a Shelby GT500 and tour the country together Oh well, maybe soon we can get some interesting news and info on the 500.
Old 8/24/06, 12:38 PM
GT Member

I think bullitt gets the "pissin off the new guys award" for the decade. I don't think I have seen more that three or four of his posts where he hasn't made an effort at being condecending and rude. BUT, he pays for his membership, so it seems to be overlooked. I guess there is a lot to say for the "Team Mustange Source" label next to your name.
Old 8/24/06, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by n3cr0mncr
... I guess there is a lot to say for the "Team Mustange Source" label next to your name.
Not as much as we can say for the "Free Loader Team".

Old 8/24/06, 02:52 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

1 Bullitt,

Be nice to them now, OK?
You have already ran one of our playmates off this week.
Now your picking on our regulars.

TDS

Quick Reply: 30 thousand..........over msrp!