2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

You know that you love your Mustang when...

Search this Thread

Old 1/19/14, 02:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know that you love your Mustang when...

...It's 36 degrees outside and you're washing/waxing it. Parking in the driveway next to the dryer vent helps warm the hands up though.
Old 1/19/14, 03:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Washed mine Friday, not quite as cold but in the high 40's, before installing the Roush side and rear splitters.
Well worth the discomfort to see the finished product!
Old 1/19/14, 04:34 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Originally Posted by Last1
...It's 36 degrees outside and you're washing/waxing it. Parking in the driveway next to the dryer vent helps warm the hands up though.
Yeah,...that's true love man.
Old 1/20/14, 09:18 AM
Bullitt Member

We wash out DD's in 30 degrees because we will not put a vehicle we own thru a touchless. lol The other two toys are nice a comfy in the garage waiting for spring!
Old 1/20/14, 11:51 AM
GT Member

I washed mine once this winter when it was sub-freezing outside, and my hands were numb by the time I was done. Then it occurred to me that there's a hot-water valve in my garage that lets me mix hot water into my garden hose, so it was much more bearable next time I tried it!

Insulated rubber gloves would probably work well enough too.
Old 1/20/14, 11:57 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
...when an Aston Martin DB9 can drive up next to you, car-show clean, rumble its engine at you and be absolutely honest when you tell yourself you'd actually rather have the car you're sitting in. That car was super-clean and the exhaust sounded singularly beautiful to listen to--definitely not American muscle, but clearly more than capable. I blipped my gas as he drove by. I still like my engine/exhaust better.
Old 1/20/14, 04:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Lothar
I washed mine once this winter when it was sub-freezing outside, and my hands were numb by the time I was done. Then it occurred to me that there's a hot-water valve in my garage that lets me mix hot water into my garden hose, so it was much more bearable next time I tried it!

Insulated rubber gloves would probably work well enough too.
Also have the hot water spigot in my garage. I've used it a number of times to wash the car in the colder months, makes it much less painful!

Happy I am able to keep the car under a cover in the garage through the winter. I actually thought I'd take it out quite a bit this winter, but they put SO MANY CHEMICALS on the roads here, I pretty much gave up on driving the car until spring.
Old 1/20/14, 05:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

When you park at the very end of the parking lot.......even when it's raining.
Old 1/20/14, 06:11 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Originally Posted by myponyandme
HA HA!!
True,.....I do that with my daily driver. lol
Old 1/20/14, 07:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
...when an Aston Martin DB9 can drive up next to you, car-show clean, rumble its engine at you and be absolutely honest when you tell yourself you'd actually rather have the car you're sitting in. That car was super-clean and the exhaust sounded singularly beautiful to listen to--definitely not American muscle, but clearly more than capable. I blipped my gas as he drove by. I still like my engine/exhaust better.
I would choose a Shelby GT500 over any other car on the road if It were an option for me. Even the older ones. Fantastic vehicle.

My wife loves when I do this lol
Old 1/20/14, 07:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dmichaels
Also have the hot water spigot in my garage. I've used it a number of times to wash the car in the colder months, makes it much less painful!

Happy I am able to keep the car under a cover in the garage through the winter. I actually thought I'd take it out quite a bit this winter, but they put SO MANY CHEMICALS on the roads here, I pretty much gave up on driving the car until spring.
Same here... it's like a washed out salt quarry here in NJ. I can't bare to see salt all over my car. It's my daily driver now sooo... outside with the hose when it's not freezing! I should install the hot water line outside... I had 3 layers of latex gloves underneath those big yellow dish gloves. My neighbors think I'm insane.
Old 1/21/14, 08:15 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
As its a balmy 1 degree here in michigan, i wish i could wash my stang as its my DD here in michigan :| i've only had a chance once to actually wash it when it warmed up a bit then shortly after it rained... LIKE CLOCK WORK. i could be in the Sahara, if i wash my car, it'll rain there.
Old 1/21/14, 08:53 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by rmurer
i could be in the Sahara, if i wash my car, it'll rain there.
No need to wash a car if you lived in the Sahara, as the sand would blast away all of the car's paint in short order.

I wonder how a Mustang would look in unpainted, highly-polished, stainless steel.
Old 1/21/14, 04:35 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Lothar
No need to wash a car if you lived in the Sahara, as the sand would blast away all of the car's paint in short order.

I wonder how a Mustang would look in unpainted, highly-polished, stainless steel.
you do have a point
Old 1/22/14, 09:32 AM
GT Member

When you threaten to kill all the cats in the neighborhood because you found cat footprints on your mustang
Old 1/22/14, 10:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

I stand outside with a fly swatter and keep the bugs from landing on it. I also blow it dry with a blow dryer every morning to get the dew off of it.
Old 1/22/14, 10:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by mcrider
When you threaten to kill all the cats in the neighborhood because you found cat footprints on your mustang
Pour a ring of anti-freeze around the car in its parking spot... JK I would never do this!
Old 1/22/14, 03:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes!

And also when you feel right at home next to good 'ol red-neck, mud covered, american trucks yet are still included along with Ms, AMGs, and Italian cars.

Last edited by Krohn; 1/22/14 at 03:42 PM.
Old 1/22/14, 07:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by mcrider
Flippin Cats! This is a picture of my Cousin's Cat on the Sunroof of our brand new Car last weekend!
Attached Images  
Old 1/22/14, 10:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm fighting a battle with the neighborhood cats too :/ I've took 2 to animal control, and I seen prints on my car the other day. I think it's time for another trap. Geez!!!

Quick Reply: You know that you love your Mustang when...