2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

WTF - 2011 GT Test Drive

Search this Thread

Old 6/2/10, 08:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down WTF - 2011 GT Test Drive

After exchanging emails with my Salesperson regarding my 2011 GT/CS, he mentioned that he finally had a 2011 GT that was outside the showroom, so I drove down to get a taste of the car to hold me over til mine finally arrives.

A little background info, I test drove a 2010 auto GT back in October but left feeling my 05 V6 was faster at least during street sprints. I also hoped the riumors of a new 400hp engine were true, so I left content that the 2010 was not for me.

Fast forward to 6/2/10 and not only were the rumors true but I've got a 2011 GT on pre-order. I'm currently driving a v6 Milan which feels like nothing compared to the V6 Mustang I just sold but feels quicker than my 85 5.0. I was worried about not getting an accurate "feel" for the 2011 since I getting so familiar with the Mercury but was excited no the least.

The 2011 was a prem Kona Blue droptop with its only option being that is a automatic. I started her up and as I already knew, stock exhaust do nothing for me. Interior felt great, steering wheel had me from first touch. The car felt amazingly heavy, I can't imagine what a Camaro must feel like, good grief but the GT did feel like on its feet. Compared to my 05 prem V6 interior quality, this car felt more comparible to Audi or BMW, actually that was my only gripe about not buying the 2010 GT the year before.

I was hoping to get thrown back in my seat from the first pull, sadly that was not the case, far from it to be truthful. I drove down two long sections of road flooring it at will but nothing amazing. Jumped on the Freeway, pedal to the floor searching for the sweet spot but no dice. My 85 which is also an auto usually goes nuts at 4500rpm, boost on my 05 would get my attention at 3200rpm.
Finally, on my final street pull, I felt something special, the car must of had something to prove.

There are some factors that come to play that might have wrecked a little havoc my first new era 5.0drive, i'm 6' 150lbs but my Salesman has to be 6'3 and well over 220lbs. I still swear the Milan revs quicker but on that last pull the 2011 revealed that I must test drive another alone. I know the convertible had at least an extra 150to200lbs over the hardtops I'm used to, plus when I started the car its fuel light was already on reading 4miles to empty.

Overall, I enjoyed the drive, loved the interior but wish it felt a little more responsive with the power output. I hope the odd factors listed above are to blame on the performance side, there's a black prem GT hartop arriving on Friday that the Dealer gave me first dibs on if I decide not to wait for my Gt/Cs, I'll update this thread hopefully with a more positive experience on Friday whether I buy it or not.
Old 6/2/10, 08:31 PM

Sorry buddy but after reading your first bull**** statement you lost all credibility. Unless you have a procharged v6 your completely out to lunch on that statement.....

" A little background info, I test drove a 2010 auto GT back in October but left feeling my 05 V6 was faster at least during street sprints. I also hoped the riumors of a new 400hp engine were true, so I left content that the 2010 was not for me."

I have test driven a 2011 mustang GT, and although it was obviously slower than my previous 400rwhp procharged mach 1. I was actually really impressed with the stock power of that mustang, the straight line performance difference between my procharged mach 1 and the 2011 mustang GT was a lot smaller than I had thought....
Old 6/2/10, 08:39 PM
Bullitt Member

that whole post reeks of douchery
Old 6/2/10, 08:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by prochargedmach1
Sorry buddy but after reading your first bull**** statement you lost all credibility. Unless you have a procharged v6 your completely out to lunch on that statement.....

" A little background info, I test drove a 2010 auto GT back in October but left feeling my 05 V6 was faster at least during street sprints. I also hoped the riumors of a new 400hp engine were true, so I left content that the 2010 was not for me."

I have test driven a 2011 mustang GT, and although it was obviously slower than my previous 400rwhp procharged mach 1. I was actually really impressed with the stock power of that mustang, the straight line performance difference between my procharged mach 1 and the 2011 mustang GT was a lot smaller than I had thought....
Well, I did have a procharged V6, see my profile and someone recently dyno their 2010 Gt and got the same rwhp as I had before I upped the boost to 10psi.
Old 6/2/10, 08:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

The post actually reeks of objectivity, I wanted the Mustang to feel so fast it'd make me scared to touch it but that didn't happen. I still liked it for the most part, did I write I was canceling my order to buy a Camaro?
You think i'm bashing the car or something, I listed 4 plausible reasons why the car didn't deliver what I expected.
Old 6/2/10, 08:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by essque
Know any other words?

Old 6/2/10, 08:57 PM

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect yours. I'd wonder though how the stock 5.0 compares to your 05 4.0 V6 when it was stock with a full load of gas an passengers to compensate for the vert weight and heavy dealer, or for that matter how it'd compare with 10 psi of boost and 4.10s as opposed to a NA 2.73 rear end car. Comparing anything stock, worse still, not yet broken in stock (not to mention one with all the worst posible options or lack of options for performance), to heavily modded, even if it is a V6 is a questionable thought process.

I know you're frustrated over the wait like so many are, just don't let that frustration cloud your mind on the next test. This time though, pay more attention to the speedo, not the seat of the pants feel. These things are deceptive.
Old 6/2/10, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by super6stang
Well, I did have a procharged V6, see my profile and someone recently dyno their 2010 Gt and got the same rwhp as I had before I upped the boost to 10psi.
I could believe you had about the same RWHP, but I don't believe you have the same Torque which is actually what you feel.

I am not trying to be a dick but trust me the way you wrote your post your coming off sounding like a moron, or somebody who doesnt have a lot of experience with fast cars at the very least....

My guess is your under 21?
Old 6/2/10, 08:59 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The quarter mile times for this car do not lie. If doing the 1/4 in 12.7 STOCK doesn't do it for you then I don't what to say... Were you revving the snot out of it? This motor likes to rev
Old 6/2/10, 08:59 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Im not a math guy but I am sure thats not a word.
Old 6/2/10, 09:00 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by essque
Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Know any other words?

Is that a word, douchery???
Old 6/2/10, 09:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
Im not a math guy but I am sure thats not a word.

That's what I was searching for . . . EXACTLY. Thanks.
Old 6/2/10, 09:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by prochargedmach1
I could believe you had about the same RWHP, but I don't believe you have the same Torque which is actually what you feel.

I am not trying to be a dick but trust me the way you wrote your post your coming off sounding like a moron, or somebody who doesnt have a lot of experience with fast cars at the very least....

My guess is your under 21?
Well, no I'm 28 and I loved my V6, when I lived in LA and only drove on the street I never found fault in it, when I moved and started commuting I felt the need for more top end. Thats why I test drove the 2010 but my last dyno did show 296rwtq, another reason why I expected to feel something more.

You guys just need to relax, I'm not GOD, my opinion on a 4mile test drive that left me still wanting the car but slightly unimpressed shouldn't rattle you up.
Old 6/2/10, 09:11 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
just ignore them..

remember

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!
Old 6/2/10, 09:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Did you try turning off traction control? That's bound to make it feel like it's not going to get away from you.
Old 6/2/10, 09:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
The quarter mile times for this car do not lie. If doing the 1/4 in 12.7 STOCK doesn't do it for you then I don't what to say... Were you revving the snot out of it? This motor likes to rev
That's why I think the extra weight of the conv, the 200lb + Salesman and empty tank played a role in the seat of pants feel.
Old 6/2/10, 09:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Lancel
Did you try turning off traction control? That's bound to make it feel like it's not going to get away from you.
I forgot about switching off the T/C, Friday I'll turn it off in the hardtop.
Old 6/2/10, 09:32 PM
GT Member

Uh oh, the 5.0 just got slower than all previous Mustangs. Bad job Ford. Nobody's going to purchase Mustangs any more. Maybe Ford will revive the Pinto!
Old 6/2/10, 09:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by iBookmaster
Uh oh, the 5.0 just got slower than all previous Mustangs. Bad job Ford. Nobody's going to purchase Mustangs any more. Maybe Ford will revive the Pinto!
I just hope it's a Pinto GT.
Old 6/2/10, 09:35 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by iBookmaster
Maybe Ford will revive the Pinto!
Hey, I'm all for that!

Had a blast in my '74 Pinto with a 289/C4 in it!

Quick Reply: WTF - 2011 GT Test Drive