Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

wrecked 5.0 in less than a day

Search this Thread

Old 6/29/12, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How is it wrecked? Sounds like damage but not totaled....where are the pics?
Old 6/29/12, 08:59 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Bucko
This is yet another reason why street racing should be a higher fine when caught. You were smart by not paricipating, yet two boneheads felt they had to prove something. In this case, their stupidity. I agree with another post that these idiots should not be allowed to breed.

Glad you and the wife are alright. My 21 year old niece did not fair well with street racing. She was at a stop light, on her way home from college. Two idiots were racing; one blew through the red light and kept going. The other hit the back Of my niece's car, smashing her into the car in front of her. She died in the hospital two days later.

When I see posts on this kind of activity, it reminds me of how her life was wasted by jerks who think street racing is a valid type of sport. They usually survive, and the inocent folks don't.
So sorry to read this about your niece.
Old 6/29/12, 09:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

**** man sorry to hear that. Hope you get her fixed up quick.
Old 6/29/12, 09:20 AM

Sorry to hear about your car. I know the feeling; some jack*** with a snowplow that was too big for his Jeep merged into the back end of my car earlier this year and ripped up the quarter panel, rim, and tire. I was perfectly fine, but it sure didn't help the desire to beat him senseless...especially when he blamed me....for staying in my lane?
Old 6/29/12, 10:17 AM
V6 Member

This is the saddest story on the thread.
Old 6/29/12, 11:05 AM

Bucko--very sorry about your niece.
Josh, hope everything works out with your car, i just got mine back from my rear end accident.
Old 6/29/12, 11:14 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BOSS302R
i agree... no need to super baby these cars because someone will hit it, will door ding it, scratch it... thats just how it is. i like to keep my car somewhat clean, but its just a car to get me from point A to B and i enjoy throwing it around once in a while.

i had my little curb accident, first scratch is the hardest lol

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!
Old 6/29/12, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by JCStang
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!
Agreed! Just thought I was too new to be the first one to say it! lol
Old 6/29/12, 11:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Opps wrong thread.

Last edited by 97GT12; 6/29/12 at 11:36 AM.
Old 6/29/12, 12:40 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Bucko
This is yet another reason why street racing should be a higher fine when caught. You were smart by not paricipating, yet two boneheads felt they had to prove something. In this case, their stupidity. I agree with another post that these idiots should not be allowed to breed.

Glad you and the wife are alright. My 21 year old niece did not fair well with street racing. She was at a stop light, on her way home from college. Two idiots were racing; one blew through the red light and kept going. The other hit the back Of my niece's car, smashing her into the car in front of her. She died in the hospital two days later.

When I see posts on this kind of activity, it reminds me of how her life was wasted by jerks who think street racing is a valid type of sport. They usually survive, and the inocent folks don't.
im so sorry to hear about that, really puts this into perspective. i will be ok and she will never have the chance a things. again very sorry. i hope they spent or are spending a good time in jail.
Old 6/29/12, 12:41 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by socalfam
How is it wrecked? Sounds like damage but not totaled....where are the pics?
no not totaled it should be fine. if i can figure out how to post pics i will.i have some on my wires phone i will try when i get home.
Old 6/29/12, 02:04 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JCStang
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by 2011Kona5.0
I used to get worked up about dings and stuff but not anymore. My car is an A to B car.
Old 6/29/12, 02:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
I used to get worked up about dings and stuff but not anymore. My car is an A to B car.
Adrian, there is a pill now that will get you thru this crisis. Hope you will recuperate soon.

Bullitt, sorry to hear what happened. But, you and the family are OK, that whats counts. Hope your car is fixed soon.
Old 6/29/12, 02:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2011Kona5.0
Totally agree. Those are words that should be used on a Camry forum not this place.
Old 6/29/12, 02:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 97svtgoin05gt
Totally agree. Those are words that should be used on a Camry forum not this place.

Ditto, I would not wait 6 weeks for a car that just goes from point A to B.
Old 6/29/12, 02:55 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
Yeah but you trade every 6 mos. lol

Some of us keep our cars long enough to develop a relationship with our machine - and all the experiences we have driving them.

Old 6/29/12, 10:58 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^^^^ GREAT pic Crater Lake is amazing.... I should take my mustang for a drive this weekend and take pics up there.... with (or without) the wife.... she may not understand my passion for mustangs and Photography but she loves driving with me....
Old 6/29/12, 11:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BOSS302R
i agree... no need to super baby these cars because someone will hit it, will door ding it, scratch it... thats just how it is. i like to keep my car somewhat clean, but its just a car to get me from point A to B and i enjoy throwing it around once in a while.

i had my little curb accident, first scratch is the hardest lol
I know I already irritated myself because I scratched the lower rear 2011 style GT valance which I just bought not too long ago. At work I backed up into my parking space and hit some freshly trimmed bushes with limbs cut blunt. If it continues to bother me I will get another one but I really do not feel like wasting $$$ right now to replace it.
Old 6/30/12, 05:49 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenCars
Ditto, I would not wait 6 weeks for a car that just goes from point A to B.
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Yeah but you trade every 6 mos. lol

Some of us keep our cars long enough to develop a relationship with our machine - and all the experiences we have driving them.

I agree with all of the above. A to B car only? I just shuddered. Marilyn would slap me silly if she heard me call her that. Look at how pissed she is.
Name:  downtown15.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  159.0 KB

Originally Posted by watchdevil
I know I already irritated myself because I scratched the lower rear 2011 style GT valance which I just bought not too long ago. At work I backed up into my parking space and hit some freshly trimmed bushes with limbs cut blunt. If it continues to bother me I will get another one but I really do not feel like wasting $$$ right now to replace it.
if you did not cut into paint, that is very buffable. Get a PC, and buff away.

Last edited by FromZto5; 6/30/12 at 09:07 AM.
Old 6/30/12, 06:49 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FromZto5
I agree with all of the above. A to B car only? I just shuddered. Marilyn would slap me silly if she heard me call her that. Look at how pissed she is.

if you did not cut into paint, that is very buffable. Get a PC, and buff away.
Don't take your car to the local dealer here looking that good, that sales guy may come out and have to rub your paint!!! Looking great as usual!!

Quick Reply: wrecked 5.0 in less than a day