Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

wrecked 5.0 in less than a day

Search this Thread

Old 6/28/12, 09:09 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wrecked 5.0 in less than a day

so i picked my new mustang up this morning, had my borla s types put on and when driving. my wife and I met my family for dinner, and to show the car off. on the way home we were sitting a a light and two guys pulled up next to use on motorcycles. when the light tired green they both tried to do wheelies one did the other did not. he then feel into my car bike first. so now my new car is wrecked, the passenger side is all messed up. the rim in ruined and the front is also bad. I just can't believe it, i waited two months for this car and i loved it. I just feel sick at this point. the guy was ok so thats good and so are we. what a day, my wife was just staring to get over a bad anxiety about driving. we hit a deer and two months after buying her first new car then we were hit in houston. things just suck. my back is killing me i picked up his bike. sorry for rambling just needed to write something.

josh
Old 6/28/12, 09:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wow.. I hate hearing stories like that.. Especially since the car is messed up that bad. Glad your ok.. Is it door forward or the rear as well. The fronts and door parts are easier to replace then getting the hind quarter worked on.. **** some bad luck sorry to hear..
Old 6/28/12, 09:16 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Some people...
Old 6/28/12, 09:25 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hell, I wouldn't have tried to pick up the guys bike, I would have picked up a baseball bat and beat the guy to a pulp!
Old 6/28/12, 09:27 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
What a freaking loser! Sorry to hear that!
Old 6/28/12, 09:53 PM
V6 Member

thanks guys, some times you just have to tell other owners what happened. you realize they will understand.
Old 6/28/12, 10:00 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that, stupid fools driving bikes trying to do wheelies.... the guys is lucky as I too would have taken out the bat ..... especially bike riders, they must be BETTER drivers than the rest of us, when they are stupid, we all pay.
Old 6/28/12, 10:12 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Wow... Sorry to hear. I agree with the bat comment.
Old 6/28/12, 10:24 PM
GT Member

What is it about stangs getting hit... I had to think for a sec, all 3 of my accidents (none my fault) were in a 99 GT. owned that for only 5 of my 16 driving years and no other crashes. Now on this site I see all kinds of accidents caused by other drivers hitting Mustangs. Crazy
Old 6/28/12, 10:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Murphy's Law: When you allow a car to become too important to you then bad things happen to it...
Old 6/28/12, 11:40 PM
GT Member

Man, that sucks. +1 on the baseball bat. I hate those douchebags that ride like that. I ride myself and enjoy hauling **** as much as the next guy, but the huge wheelies and weaving in and out of traffic splitting lanes just pisses me off. It's usually some 19 year old idiot on a 170 HP sport bike he has no clue how to ride. It's a miracle more aren't killed.

You have some pictures of the damage?
Old 6/28/12, 11:49 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 2012WhiteGT
Man, that sucks. +1 on the baseball bat. I hate those douchebags that ride like that. I ride myself and enjoy hauling **** as much as the next guy, but the huge wheelies and weaving in and out of traffic splitting lanes just pisses me off. It's usually some 19 year old idiot on a 170 HP sport bike he has no clue how to ride. It's a miracle more aren't killed.

You have some pictures of the damage?
i do have pics if I can figure out how to post them i will tomorrow. i think i need to get some sleep,and try and remember how lucky everyone was. i hope that he learned something tonight, i hope so any way.
Old 6/28/12, 11:59 PM
Bullitt Member

awww im sorry to hear about your bad lucks, i'm sure things will only get better from here on.
i hope the guy on the bike learns his lesson. sometimes i feel that we humans are just such a flawed species, almost all of us liked to race and show off a bit at least some point in our life.
when i first got my car, i was just constantly reminding myself not to do anything stupid and drive like a mature person. but at least once a day someone will pull up from behind to right beside me and start staring at me and revving their engines. sometimes it just pisses me off but i have always held back from entering some stupid street racing thing. but the worst is when some ******* tailgating me on the highway... they just bring you with them when they do something stupid.
Old 6/29/12, 12:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, you can count on this idiot eliminating himself from the gene pool in the near future. Maybe he should stick to a bmx instead of a chopper?
Old 6/29/12, 02:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by watchdevil
Murphy's Law: When you allow a car to become too important to you then bad things happen to it...
i agree... no need to super baby these cars because someone will hit it, will door ding it, scratch it... thats just how it is. i like to keep my car somewhat clean, but its just a car to get me from point A to B and i enjoy throwing it around once in a while.

i had my little curb accident, first scratch is the hardest lol
Old 6/29/12, 03:33 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
So sorry hear this...................I hope it's fixed quickly
Old 6/29/12, 04:39 AM
GT Member

Oh ****. I feel your pain. Nothing you can do. Put your mind to something else and let it get fixed, you will then love this car even more.
Old 6/29/12, 05:18 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is yet another reason why street racing should be a higher fine when caught. You were smart by not paricipating, yet two boneheads felt they had to prove something. In this case, their stupidity. I agree with another post that these idiots should not be allowed to breed.

Glad you and the wife are alright. My 21 year old niece did not fair well with street racing. She was at a stop light, on her way home from college. Two idiots were racing; one blew through the red light and kept going. The other hit the back Of my niece's car, smashing her into the car in front of her. She died in the hospital two days later.

When I see posts on this kind of activity, it reminds me of how her life was wasted by jerks who think street racing is a valid type of sport. They usually survive, and the inocent folks don't.
Old 6/29/12, 07:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Sorry to here, I lost my new 2010 GT Prem in under 6 hours of picking it up from the dealer. Short story some JACK *** hit and run put me into a wall on the interstate so I know how you feel.
Old 6/29/12, 07:41 AM
Cobra Member

That freaking blows bro! But don't stress it, Insurance will take care of it. And you will love it even more when you get it back. Keep ya head up.

Quick Reply: wrecked 5.0 in less than a day